Got pulled over with a rider

wk1102

I headed out Sunday night to drive. Sundays are sometimes decent. At 12:00 or so It started to surge south of me, so i log off drive a little south over the county line. I wait and watch , no cars available surge is climbing. It hits 3.5 so i login. I get a ping right away, it was 2.8× and i was going to let it expire then decided to take it. I get to the bar and do tne pick up. Its a 7.5 mile trip, guy is buzzed but cool. There is hardly any traffic , as i pulled out of the parking lot I noticed a cop make a u-turn, hes following me for a 2 miles or so then lights me up. Ugh.. wth.

I pull over, he says my window tint looks a little dark. He checks them, tell me they are a few percent too dark. As hes checking he asks where we are going, i tell him im an uber driver, blah blah blah...

He asks for my DL, runs it i apologize to the rider. He is cool, he knows I didn't break any traffic laws, i really got pulled over for leaving a bar parking lot after midnight. The Cop asks me to step out of tje car, im thinking oh shit, WTF?

He says I'm fine, no issues. Asks if i have any guns, knives, drugs. I say i have a knife on me and in the car and tell him where they are. He gave me a 2 pat patdown did not ask to see my knife or what was in my pockets.

He says ok, and asks if he can search my car. If i was alone, I'd say no but since i had a rider and just wanted to get out of there so I give him permission. Based upon the non pat patdown i received i figured he just look in my car.

Nope!

He tore my car apart, floor mats out opened everything in the car, when through everything. Weird tbough, i have a bottle of advil, a bottle of Excedrin and a bottle of alergy pills in my console. He didn't even open them.
I have a small box with two cables for my phone, (it had 3) he ripped it open.
I had nothing illegal so i was more aggravated than anything, the surge hit at least 4.4 during this time.

I guess he searched my rider at some point because i saw a bag of weed on my hood. At first i thought i was being set up, but the cop was talking to my rider... it was his. Rider got a notice to appear, and we were on our way.

Shity for him but I'm glad he didn't try to stash it in my car. What a headache that would have been.

sellkatsell44

Both of us are white, Why?
Both of us are white, Why?
I befriend folks of different races because they usually come from different cultures/background that helps broaden mine.

A lot of the folks who are brown and black that I speak to, say that they get singled out because of their color and while I think there's a smudge of truth in that

I think for the most part cops can be susceptible to power trips and because of past history, the interactions between folks is more based on attitude once pulled over then the race but with the race in the back of the mind for the passenger.

wk1102

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I befriend folks of different races because they usually come from different cultures/background that helps broaden mine.

A lot of the folks who are brown and black that I speak to, say that they get singled out because of their color and while I think there's a smudge of truth in that

I think for the most part cops can be susceptible to power trips and because of past history, the interactions between folks is more based on attitude once pulled over then the race but with the race in the back of the mind for the passenger.
I got pulled over for leaving a bar parking lot at midnight on a sunday. Hardly any traffic. Im a 40 something white guy, mu passenger was probably late 40s early 50s and white. I was polite and compliant. My car was searched. The cop was white, the backup that showed up was white.

This is what frequently has during traffic stops, reguardless of race. Yeah. Im sure there are some racist cops out there but i think a lot of the time its a situation the same as mine, cops just doing what they do. If I or my rider were black, it would appear to be racially motivated.

sellkatsell44

I got pulled over for leaving a bar parking lot at midnight on a sunday. Hardly any traffic. Im a 40 something white guy, mu passenger was probably late 40s early 50s and white. I was polite and compliant. My car was searched. The cop was white, the backup that showed up was white.

This is what frequently has during traffic stops, reguardless of race. Yeah. Im sure there are some racist cops out there but i think a lot of the time its a situation the same as mine, cops just doing what they do. If I or my rider were black, it would appear to be racially motivated.
Pretty much what I was saying but maybe that got lost in transition

But the thing is, it's hard to tell folks anything if their minds already made up