Got paid almost double the X fare without any surge

As much as I dnt care and would like this to happen to all my rides but how is this possible?

Attachments

• 5A57D827-72C3-404B-945A-1A98F40EBDE7.jpeg
    5A57D827-72C3-404B-945A-1A98F40EBDE7.jpeg
    60.2 KB · Views: 181

dmoney155

Nice, life throws it little bonuses lol

now everyone head to that spot in case the bug still exists.

I checked the pax app and put those addresses in there and it does show $53 fare? Have the fares gone up or is it just rush hour special fare lol?

Rebusso

I got twice more for airport trip this morning than I usually get. And it made me happy! I checked the rider's app and there it is, fares got double!:wink:

Coolcat1969

"HIDDEN SURGE MYSTERY" I have experienced the exact same thing, multiple times, out of the core riders are paying double for the rides for some reason. Even Bar close NO SURGE and rides are like 2X . I have emailed Uber after many of these mysterious payouts.. I been to all 180 days of change and nothing like this is coming other than $ long pick ups. Mine aren't long pickups. Yes am in Ottawa...Any feedback would be great... CC

Attachments

• IMG_0363.PNG
    IMG_0363.PNG
    55.4 KB · Views: 58

Hameed

As much as I dnt care and would like this to happen to all my rides but how is this possible?
You came from Vaughan to downtown that is roughly 40 km if you take proper highway like 400,401,dvp. But you are such a smart driver who took local all the way lol. I'm curious what your rider said after the ride or he/she was new too in Toronto. This fare was based on uber estimate of highway km. But I feel there is some bug in uber app. Coz if you go to airport apart from downtown, fare is almost double. This upfront fare shit is screwing everyone.

Lolinator

Early Christmas present from Uber!!!!
i thought it was the ice cream

"HIDDEN SURGE MYSTERY" I have experienced the exact same thing, multiple times, out of the core riders are paying double for the rides for some reason. Even Bar close NO SURGE and rides are like 2X . I have emailed Uber after many of these mysterious payouts.. I been to all 180 days of change and nothing like this is coming other than $ long pick ups. Mine aren't long pickups. Yes am in Ottawa...Any feedback would be great... CC
good stuff

You came from Vaughan to downtown that is roughly 40 km if you take proper highway like 400,401,dvp. But you are such a smart driver who took local all the way lol. I'm curious what your rider said after the ride or he/she was new too in Toronto. This fare was based on uber estimate of highway km. But I feel there is some bug in uber app. Coz if you go to airport apart from downtown, fare is almost double. This upfront fare shit is screwing everyone.
Honestly it was almost the rush hour and when she got in and I saw the destination I thought this is probably her daily work related commute. First thing I asked if she knows any best route at this time because I suck at them. She said she doesn’t know and she takes subway all the time. I checked Waze with both avoid freeways and take freeways option and also checked uber navigation and all of them suggested similar timings and distance. And I just followed the shortest distance because I have experienced it before that when u take longer routes you get paid for the shortest routes.

Hameed

Honestly it was almost the rush hour and when she got in and I saw the destination I thought this is probably her daily work related commute. First thing I asked if she knows any best route at this time because I suck at them. She said she doesn’t know and she takes subway all the time. I checked Waze with both avoid freeways and take freeways option and also checked uber navigation and all of them suggested similar timings and distance. And I just followed the shortest distance because I have experienced it before that when u take longer routes you get paid for the shortest routes.
Honestly I also used to think that they charge according to the shortest route but the best way to find is check uber app that what router it is suggesting. If it says take 407 then take 407 you will get the money. There is nothing wrong in saving km if the difference is few min