1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

Got my first 1 star but I have a question.

Discussion in 'Advice' started by Seamus, Aug 29, 2018.

1. Seamus

Seamus Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Over last weekend I noticed a drop in my overall rating and looked and saw someone gave me a 1 star. No biggie, My rating is very high so I am not sweating it at all. Knew it had to happen some day. I was expecting a rider complaint to show up at the same time or shortly thereafter. It's now been 5 days and nothing showed up. My question is I thought if someone gave you a 1 star they had to provide some feedback/reason for the rating. Can someone just rate you 1 star without any comment or complaint when they do it?

2. Fuzzyelvis

Fuzzyelvis Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Nope, they don't. Just like you don't.

3. Seamus

Seamus Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    OK, thank you.

4. SuzeCB

SuzeCB Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    They WERE supposed to, as part of the 180 Days of Change... and if they didn't, the rating wasn't supposed to stick.

But, like so many others of those 180 Docs, it was something to benefit the driver, so it was withdrawn.

It's an abusive relationship.

https://www.uber.com/blog/180-days-change-ratings-experience/

Mista T and ibeam23 like this.
  5. reg barclay

reg barclay Moderator Moderator

Driving:
    UberX
    I don't think it was withdrawn. The new app states specifically that if they give a reason that's beyond the drivers control, then the rating doesn't count. That would seem to imply that if they give no reason at all, then it does count, but I'm not sure.

Asking for a reason also reinforces that anything less than 5 means something was wrong. In the past it was easier for pax to assume that 3 or 4 stars might mean 'average' or 'good', like they do in a lot of other rating systems.

6. SuzeCB

SuzeCB Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    In December, if they didn't give a 5, they "had" to give a reason, though. It wouldn't complete the rating process if they didn't. Left long enough, the rating process would time out. No explanation for a downrate = no rate at all.

Seamus likes this.
  7. reg barclay

reg barclay Moderator Moderator

Driving:
    UberX
    I didn't know that. Maybe it's still like that, I wouldn't take the lack of feedback on bad ratings as proof that the feedback requirement has changed. Someone suggested in another thread that drivers are only notified of the reason, when they get a few low ratings for the same reason.

Seamus likes this.
  8. The Gift of Fish

The Gift of Fish Well-Known Member

It wasn't very helpful, though. For example when I denied a gaggle of princesses access to my aux cord, I was dinged for an alleged lack of "professionalism", whereas it was a simple matter of common sense and safety on my part. I knew that I was going to get one starred by them (I also refused to let them open the windows on the freeway), so I knew why I got the 1*, but otherwise the keywords that Uber gives as complaints don't help at all.

Seamus likes this.
  9. Seamus

Seamus Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    As I said I'm not upset about the 1, and the truth is I agree a one word "Professionalism" isn't helpful anyway. It's not that I really am wondering why I got the 1, my curiosity was just on the process. I knew at one time someone could just downrate you and not comment but I thought that had changed.

10. Kodyhead

Kodyhead Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberSUV
    Since April 23 I didnt get weekly reports or any kind of reports for lower rating. But since I got the new crAPP I started getting reports

11. Steve_TX

Steve_TX Active Member

What if a pax decides to screw around, gives an ant 1*, but writes a positive comment, like "Best Uber ride ever", "Fun person", "Nice car"...?

Last edited: Sep 14, 2018 at 9:19 AM
  12. sbstar07

sbstar07 Active Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Yes...