• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Got Lost

mhhickma

I dripove about 3 miles out of the way because Pax and I were talking and having a good time. Totally my fault just wasn't paying attention to nav. He mentioned he was going to a college and in my head I was head to a different campus than he selected.

Is there a way to have Uber reduce the fare due to my mistake? I tried the "Help" button but there was not an option. Thanks.

CommanderXL

You can always "negotiate" with passengers for a reduced fare (but not an increased fare). This is in the Partner Agreement somewhere. You can contact support by going to your Trip History, selecting the trip, selecting "Help," then "I had an issue with the fare," then "I did not begin or end the trip on time" or something like that.

RainbowPlate

You can also tell the pax to reply to the email receipt he gets from Uberlyft. You might ask them to say something like, "the GPS was faulty and sent him the wrong way; it wasn't his fault." Etc.

Teksaz

My son was driving two guys and he missed a turn. The two @@@@@@ bags in the back started giving him a hard time saying they weren't going to pay. He had gotten a $5.00 tip from the previous ride so he offered that up and they took it and were happy. @@@@@@@@!! Really!! $5.00 bucks pacified them and on top of that they gave him a shit rating.

I wouldn't have done that but it saved him a bunch of bullshit. It's just sad that these @@@@@@@ pax think they have so much power over the driver while we're providing a service for them and not making any money doing it.

I think I would have told them to get @@@@ed and take it up with Uber.

Desert Driver

I dripove about 3 miles out of the way because Pax and I were talking and having a good time. Totally my fault just wasn't paying attention to nav. He mentioned he was going to a college and in my head I was head to a different campus than he selected.

Is there a way to have Uber reduce the fare due to my mistake? I tried the "Help" button but there was not an option. Thanks.
It's not worth your time to pursue this fr the pax. Look, three miles is $2.55. Who gives a shit? Just chalk this one up to experience and move on. You're bound to make other mistakes, but you likely won't make this one again.

D Town

I've never had it done but I hear they can request a fare adjustment if you email them. I understand how you feel. If you have a pax that has been cool to you the last thing you want is for them to pay for a mistake you made.

Desert Driver

I've never had it done but I hear they can request a fare adjustment if you email them. I understand how you feel. If you have a pax that has been cool to you the last thing you want is for them to pay for a mistake you made.
But at 85 cents per mile for three miles, who really gives a crap? Shake it off and move on.

Fauxknight

Select had an issue, didn't start or end trip on time. Fill in start and end points and an Uber CSR will recalculate the fare to what it should have been per a time/distance estimate from Google maps.

Eric75G

It all boils down to one thing....
0 respect for Uber drivers from riders AND Uber corporate.
The riders have and shall continue to reign supreme even if their deeds are against TOS, the law or any drivers moral or ethical standard of behavior. It doesn't seem to matter to Uber. They will protect and try to preserve their relationship with the rider at all costs. F good drivers.
We are all replaceable.

Anthony 11

Had this happen the other night. With upfront pricing she was not charged anymore than normal and it was quite a distance the wrong way. I insisted she check to make sure she wasn't charged more so I could adjust it if she was. No tip but a late night hero badge haha