Got bit by a dog during delivery

Joshua Carter

Tonight I had a delivery from Panda express and delivered to a house off of Talley road. I knocked at the door for a few minutes and while I was waiting a pit bull mix dog came around the house and started barking. The owner finally came to the door and I asked her if the dog was nice and she said he should be Ok. I handed her the food and started walking back to my car and I heard the dog growl and she started screaming at it then he bit me on the waist. Now I have a fist size bruise with 2 tooth holes on my side.
Talked to uber and sent them pics and they said their insurance adjuster is going to contact me. Wonder what they are going to do

BigBadJohn

Get rabies shots immediately! The pain and suffering and life long trauma! Dude, you are set for life!

Joshua Carter

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Can i actually pursue anything? Its not a major bite. Its mainly just a big yellowish bruise.

And I do have a witness. My girlfriend rides with me sometimes when I'm only doing deliveries and she saw it happen.

zuluwarrior013

Tonight I had a delivery from Panda express and delivered to a house off of Talley road. I knocked at the door for a few minutes and while I was waiting a pit bull mix dog came around the house and started barking. The owner finally came to the door and I asked her if the dog was nice and she said he should be Ok. I handed her the food and started walking back to my car and I heard the dog growl and she started screaming at it then he bit me on the waist. Now I have a fist size bruise with 2 tooth holes on my side.
Talked to uber and sent them pics and they said their insurance adjuster is going to contact me. Wonder what they are going to do
sorry to hear that... get well soon! and another reason for me to avoid delivery

Joshua Carter

minor issues with riders or worse ?
Mostly minor but I did have to physically remove a guy from my car once. I was picking up a guy from cbc on shallowford and a guy and his wife got in my car. I asked if he was Matt and he was like yea I'm Matt. As we were driving I was following the GPS and his wife say "Robert he's going the wrong way" so I asked if he was Matt and he said no so I told him he had to get out so I can go pick up the customer and he flipped out and started cussing me out so I calmly got out walked around and literally grabbed his ear like a child and pulled him out . he kept cussing and saying he was gonna kick my ass as he was walking away. Then I picked up the original rider who was sloppy drunk and passed by them as I was driving him and gave them a little wave as I went by. Fun times

FormerTaxiDriver♧

Mostly minor but I did have to physically remove a guy from my car once. I was picking up a guy from cbc on shallowford and a guy and his wife got in my car. I asked if he was Matt and he was like yea I'm Matt. As we were driving I was following the GPS and his wife say "Robert he's going the wrong way" so I asked if he was Matt and he said no so I told him he had to get out so I can go pick up the customer and he flipped out and started cussing me out so I calmly got out walked around and literally grabbed his ear like a child and pulled him out . he kept cussing and saying he was gonna kick my ass as he was walking away. Then I picked up the original rider who was sloppy drunk and passed by them as I was driving him and gave them a little wave as I went by. Fun times
Had many like that. Next time call 911, and report a car jacking attempt. Cops will usually get him out and decide what to charge him with. Being physical is a last resort as it can backfire against you.

Boca Ratman

nothing, the dog owner is responsible.

Joshua Carter

Had many like that. Next time call 911, and report a car jacking attempt. Cops will usually get him out and decide what to charge him with. Being physical is a last resort as it can backfire against you.
Yeah it shouldn't backfire since its my car but I know it can. When I get mad though I snap and go straight to ready to fight and don't really think about consequences...one of the reasons I drive for uber instead of having a clock in gig.

HoratioCaine

What did Uber finally do?