Got a random cleaning report from these pax I took.

MaximusMurkimus

So I picked up these pax from a hospital in Newark. Terrible idea, but I wasn't about to let this consecutive trip boost slip by. Anyway, they let me circle around the hospital (whose pickup lane is closed) twice before spotting me, and they took their sweet time getting in. Bayonne? Uh, sure. Going down Lyons Ave and they decided what a wonderful time to do construction, so there was a 10 or so minute delay trying to get on 78. Sure enough, right before the bridge there was an assload of trucks and so another 10 minute delay. We get there and I thank them and they get out without saying a word to me. Later that day, I get a cleaning report. I had just vacuumed out my car earlier in the week, and I also didn't Uber earlier in the week, so naturally guess what I assume?

Do cleaning fees issue refunds? That's the only thing I can think of that would lead them to do that, likely to get back at me for delays out of my control.

Sigh, to think that people do this without a second thought, I'm about to turn into a nihilist solely thanks to Uber.

Jcewr17

There are ways to avoid these kind of situations you just gotta use a little common sense. In that situation, I would've cancelled on the spot with the reason of wrong pick up point entered. (I refuse to circle around looking for pax who would put a wrong or an impossible pick up spot or anybody who makes me wait for no reason at all) This wouldn't break the consecutive chain because it's a valid reason. This would save me precious time and unnecessary headache. My cancellation rate is always around 8% for a year now and I save it just for this. The way I see it, as long as you don't go above 10% per cycle you should be fine. Also, you can email them and tell them the passenger was lying. Have them demand proof from pax.

jerseycrooner

So I picked up these pax from a hospital in Newark. Terrible idea, but I wasn't about to let this consecutive trip boost slip by. Anyway, they let me circle around the hospital (whose pickup lane is closed) twice before spotting me, and they took their sweet time getting in. Bayonne? Uh, sure. Going down Lyons Ave and they decided what a wonderful time to do construction, so there was a 10 or so minute delay trying to get on 78. Sure enough, right before the bridge there was an assload of trucks and so another 10 minute delay. We get there and I thank them and they get out without saying a word to me. Later that day, I get a cleaning report. I had just vacuumed out my car earlier in the week, and I also didn't Uber earlier in the week, so naturally guess what I assume?

Do cleaning fees issue refunds? That's the only thing I can think of that would lead them to do that, likely to get back at me for delays out of my control.

Sigh, to think that people do this without a second thought, I'm about to turn into a nihilist solely thanks to Uber.
I've gotten those out of the blue "car quality" complaints from hood rats before. About 20% of inner city folks bear significant animosity towards Caucasians. Say that on this board and most will agree and a few will accuse you of racism. In your case, the rating was probably derived out of animus assuming your white.

MaximusMurkimus

I've gotten those out of the blue "car quality" complaints from hood rats before. About 20% of inner city folks bear significant animosity towards Caucasians. Say that on this board and most will agree and a few will accuse you of racism. In your case, the rating was probably derived out of animus assuming your white.

Funny enough, I'm black, albeit light skinned. No, these ladies were of the headgear wearing type, if you're know where I'm going.

Ardery

it doesn't matter which button they press for complaint. they just follow it with a written (text) portion to the complaint in order to receive the refund.

these people are absolute pieces of garbage.

Funny enough, I'm black, albeit light skinned. No, these ladies were of the headgear wearing type, if you're know where I'm going.
I feel very uncomfortable letting people in my car that have their faces completely covered.

MaximusMurkimus

Nah, their faces weren't covered.

But yeah, hard to believe they can sleep at night knowing they actively try to screw drivers out of fares.