Got a ping during a surge!!! Yay!!! Well, not according to Uber

Nenee

Last night waited for 3 hrs for the Pitbull concert to end at the Bb&T. first ping the woman didn't know where she was and refused to walk across the street so she said she would call me bk. it was cancelled. I immediately got another ping, still during surge (1.8). After lots of going bk n forth w the person I was able to find them and off we went on a nice long ride. once I ended the trip the fare seemed like it was at the standard XL rate. I have reached out to Uber to request an adjustment. their initial feedback is that they weren't in the surge zone. This is totally incorrect, anyone familiar w the area know there is nothing else in that area that would create a surge at 11:30pm on a Sunday night. I got the ping in the midst of chaos so it's not like the surge had ended. So I've requested that they look further in to this not sure what u will get bk.

Any suggestions on this issue? Has anyone successfully had the fare adjusted.

Disgusted Driver

Unfortunately, the only thing that matters is what your ping came in as. The driver app lags behind so you have to check the pax app to see what's going on in real time. Even then, between the time you look, how long it takes them to finish the request, and how things are changing, it's hard to know for sure. Only thing that matters is what the actual ping says on the screen. I'm guessing that you didn't notice when you took it and assumed it was whatever the driver app had been displaying. Once you accept a ping, you can click on the info icon and check the rate, I've "thrown a ping back" by cancelling if it wasn't what I was expecting or what was the current rate at the time. Good luck!!

Robertk

why wait 3 hours for an event to end? Sounds boring.

Taking ppl TO a big event is lucrative, finding a pax amongst thousands of ppl coming FROM an event is frustrating.

Nenee

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Unfortunately, the only thing that matters is what your ping came in as. The driver app lags behind so you have to check the pax app to see what's going on in real time. Even then, between the time you look, how long it takes them to finish the request, and how things are changing, it's hard to know for sure. Only thing that matters is what the actual ping says on the screen. I'm guessing that you didn't notice when you took it and assumed it was whatever the driver app had been displaying. Once you accept a ping, you can click on the info icon and check the rate, I've "thrown a ping back" by cancelling if it wasn't what I was expecting or what was the current rate at the time. Good luck!!
Where do u check if it's a surge once u accept the ride?

Nenee

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I've never seen such high surge here in S FL. I see a 2+ n get excited