got a double parking ticket on howard st. recently

jonsnownothing

guess sfmta caught me dropping off a passenger and took a picture in their car. Do we only have to be concern with them catching us during the day? Night time is fine? What do do the sfmta vehicles look like?

Workerant18

They look like 3 wheels golf car, but they also have bike sfmta. They will catch people day and night, anytime the city can get a profit.

seymour

They look like 3 wheels golf car, but they also have bike sfmta. They will catch people day and night, anytime the city can get a profit.
i didn't know they had cameras on their vehicles. Is this really the case? Game-changer for me. Where on Howard st?

How come sometimes we aren't allowed to pull into the convention center to drop off pax. There are these guys wearing vests blocking us and preventing us from entering, while a conference is on. What's the point in having a large drop-off area if we can't use it?

jonsnownothing

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
i didn't know they had cameras on their vehicles. Is this really the case? Game-changer for me. Where on Howard st?

How come sometimes we aren't allowed to pull into the convention center to drop off pax. There are these guys wearing vests blocking us and preventing us from entering, while a conference is on. What's the point in having a large drop-off area if we can't use it?
between 4th and 5th st. I stopped to drop off the pax less than 5 seconds and got caught by their camera. I wasn't even impeding traffic, there were no cars behind me. The image looks like it was taken from within a vehicle, windshield wiper was visible. The vehicle wasn't even behind me when image was taken, looks like it was a couple of lanes away from me.

seymour

between 4th and 5th st. I stopped to drop off the pax less than 5 seconds and got caught by their camera. I wasn't even impeding traffic, there were no cars behind me. The image looks like it was taken from within a vehicle, windshield wiper was visible. The vehicle wasn't even behind me when image was taken, looks like it was a couple of lanes away from me.
thanks, appreciate the heads up - i had a similar ticket- but for illegal stop in bike lane - in front of the train station on Townsend - not directly in front but a few lengths away and no bicycles around. Must have been a person standing on the curb that I couldn't see. I still drop there but explain to the pax that I have to drop a few car lengths further away, so I don't get that same ticket.

treesweets dancer

You'd prefer jail time for breaking the law, cuz that would keep them from "profiting"?
thanks, appreciate the heads up - i had a similar ticket- but for illegal stop in bike lane - in front of the train station on Townsend - not directly in front but a few lengths away and no bicycles around. Must have been a person standing on the curb that I couldn't see. I still drop there but explain to the pax that I have to drop a few car lengths further away, so I don't get that same ticket.
There is a cal train loading zone there. Just use it. Dude, you work 60hrs a week. I would think you'd care more about losing $100 for something avoidable.

& yes people, there could be an officer anywhere, whether you see them or not. All these bus stop stopping Uber dufuses blow my mind. It takes some riders 20 seconds to get out (or more, rarely). That's plenty of time for an officer or bus to appear behind you & take the pic. Diamond status isn't that great. It doesn't even look like it'll cover a single ticket in the extra you make per week stopping at yr lord riders' precious convenience. & the rest of us are sick of hearing "it's not illegal, I get picked up here every day". Every day! Really, I'm the first driver who cared? Before I was in SF, I never saw someone just stop in a busy street & park.
Post automatically merged:

Good to know, tell your customers. We cannot double park PERIOD! How much was the ticket?
I been telling them. Is it working? I doubt I ever see the same person again, but I'm tryin to help the rest of you. Is it working yet? I've only told about 1,000 maybe. It only comes up about 8% of the rides. I typically just greet, drive, say goodbye. Occasionally get a "pick up experience" report. I try to keep my 1-3 stars up to a respectable amount.

BeansnRice

Why is there no rideshare line for pick ups and drops offs?

I used to get surge rides there 2.5 years ago. Then there rides but no surge. Now I never get rides there even when busy.

What’s going on there?

seymour

You'd prefer jail time for breaking the law, cuz that would keep them from "profiting"?

There is a cal train loading zone there. Just use it. Dude, you work 60hrs a week. I would think you'd care more about losing $100 for something avoidable.

& yes people, there could be an officer anywhere, whether you see them or not. All these bus stop stopping Uber dufuses blow my mind. It takes some riders 20 seconds to get out (or more, rarely). That's plenty of time for an officer or bus to appear behind you & take the pic.
I agree with you, it is becoming a problem. I'd stop at the Caltrain loading zone if only it were red. It's becoming an addiction. It makes me feel special - like they painted this just for me. I am a candidate for red-zone bus stop anonymous. I want to sit in a cold room with other drivers that have this same issue, hold hands, eat cake and wallow together in despair. Whats wrong with me? I imagine the day when I will receive that 30 day chip. I need that applause. It's a daily struggle & I am finally realizing that I am powerless over red-zone bus stops. :cryin:

Misunderstood Pirate

No cameras on cars. Handheld cameras

wicked

I'm surprised they haven't implemented that TLC app like in NY where anyone can get you.