Got a 5.6x tonight...Why uber suppresses the surge

Fuber101

IMG_6198.PNG
IMG_6199.PNG
Tonight I received my first 5.6X surge since New Years 2016... always thought surge would be good for drivers and uber... but with Uber's upfront pricing, really high surges can screw uber in some cases... like today I hit traffic that built up after the Pax ordered the ride so the app didn't calculate the time correctly. Sitting in traffic at 5.6X traffic can lose money for uber quick... uber only lost a couple bucks on this one... I'm just thankful these nice tourists were tired, not drunk and just wanted to get back to their hotel. I can remember when every weekend was good like this... damn ants had to ruin it. This trip was from USC to Santa Monica

pacman38

Uber surpresses surge because there are too many idiots out there that will drive without it.
Not-everyone-lives-in-LA-and-can-deal-with-the-traffic-when-commuting-to-work...like-an-hour-or-more-each-way-for-me...plus-not-everyone-like-me-who-is-too-old-to-work-from-10-PM-to-5-AM...especially-when-our-internal-clocks-simply-can't-adjust...some-of-us-are-forced-into-being-ants...

Queenofthepak

Not-everyone-lives-in-LA-and-can-deal-with-the-traffic-when-commuting-to-work...like-an-hour-or-more-each-way-for-me...plus-not-everyone-like-me-who-is-too-old-to-work-from-10-PM-to-5-AM...especially-when-our-internal-clocks-simply-can't-adjust...some-of-us-are-forced-into-being-ants...
I'm not talking about that. LA is not a guarantee for surges. I don't know why people act like it only surges in LA. I have seen surges, and then what happens? You get a ride while you are sitting in the red for a base rate 15 minutes away. I know drivers who will take that ride 15 minutes away at base rate, rather than cancel and wait for a surge ride since they know they are in the middle of a surge.

Queenofthepak

Only ignorant buffoons would be simplistic enough to accept a base rate ride in the middle of a surge. Some people just do not know how to better themselves :::shrug:::
Thank you!!! A driver was complaining about it to me, and I couldn't believe he actually took the ride!!! I just wanted to shake his brain into place...or kick start it....

UberLaLa

View attachment 158890 View attachment 158891 Tonight I received my first 5.6X surge since New Years 2016... always thought surge would be good for drivers and uber... but with Uber's upfront pricing, really high surges can screw uber in some cases... like today I hit traffic that built up after the Pax ordered the ride so the app didn't calculate the time correctly. Sitting in traffic at 5.6X traffic can loose money for uber quick... uber only lost a couple bucks on this one... I'm just thank full these nice tourist were tired, not drunk and just wanted to get back to their hotel. I can remember when every weekend was good like this... damn ants had to ruin it. This trip was from USC to Santa Monica

And just imagine...that woulda' been a whole $15 without surge...traffic and all : //

MissEeee

View attachment 158890 View attachment 158891 Tonight I received my first 5.6X surge since New Years 2016... always thought surge would be good for drivers and uber... but with Uber's upfront pricing, really high surges can screw uber in some cases... like today I hit traffic that built up after the Pax ordered the ride so the app didn't calculate the time correctly. Sitting in traffic at 5.6X traffic can loose money for uber quick... uber only lost a couple bucks on this one... I'm just thank full these nice tourist were tired, not drunk and just wanted to get back to their hotel. I can remember when every weekend was good like this... damn ants had to ruin it. This trip was from USC to Santa Monica

It's a Sunday Funday Miracle!!

Hey question who got Forum pings while they were in HWOOD! I know this guy did!
:eek::eek::rolleyes: