Google Ride Share $0.54

Trebor

The experiment is working!! $0.54/mile is to pay for gas. Also per the news "it is to discourage driver's to not operate like a taxi. Such as driver's do with Uber and the like."

http://www.wsj.com/articles/google-takes-on-uber-with-new-ride-share-service-1472584235

This means Uber will lower fares to compete, even though it's entirely a different model.

54 cents isn't too bad since Google is not taking fares out. The new drivers are getting paid about the same after Uber fee's no?

More Cowbell

"The company says it doesn’t believe Waze drivers’ income is taxable because it considers payments through its service effectively as money for gas"

Bwahaahaa.

Income is income, and taxable. Even gas money if provided as a service.

tripAces

This means Uber will lower fares to compete, even though it's entirely a different model.

54 cents isn't too bad since Google is not taking fares out. The new drivers are getting paid about the same after Uber fee's no?
Your right!
The real question is how low will driver's allow fares to go? Luckily this is in San Francisco and not Houston.

Google pax and Uber pax are no different. And they all operate like a taxi.

The Uber Experiment is showing how people will gladly taxi people around for nothing. $0.87 is actually making nothing if there wasn't surge or incentives.

tripAces

"The company says it doesn’t believe Waze drivers’ income is taxable because it considers payments through its service effectively as money for gas"

Bwahaahaa.

Income is income, and taxable. Even gas money if provided as a service.
Well $0.54 is Government rate. They could hire you as a employee and classify the payment as gas money. I got Government rate when I worked for a tankering company. As long as I didn't get a penny more it wasn't taxable. But the penny would be taxed.

Last edited: