• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Google needs Lyft to take their rejects

tomatopaste

When Google launches their self driving taxi service in Phoenix, requests outside Google's 3D mapped area will go to Lfyt. Google needs Lyft to take their rejects.

jocker12

When is this launching in Phoenix?
This troll is not giving you a link to where he is taking his information from, he is giving you a link to his own posted delusions.These delusions are coming straight from the Coockoo's Nest! hahahahaha....

Last edited:

iheartuber

This troll is not giving you a link to where he is taking his information from, he is giving you a link to his own posted delusions.These delusions are coming straight from the Coockoo's Nest! hahahahaha....
Actually I did my own subsequent research and got to the bottom of it. The result is for some reason that no reporter can explain Google themselves set a somewhat unrealistic self-imposed end of the year deadline.

Nobody knows why Google did this, but there it is.

If you think Tomato is nuts, just take a look at the people above him!

So... the UP community is not the only ones scratching their heads but I guess pass the popcorn?

tomatopaste

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
There are 3 links on on my post. Apparently it only counts if I retype everything.

jocker12

The result is for some reason that no reporter can explain Google themselves set a somewhat unrealistic self-imposed end of the year deadline.
One of the stories published by ArsTechnica says - "Waymo CEO John Krafcik faces pressure from his boss, Google co-founder and Alphabet CEO Larry Page, to transform Waymo's impressive self-driving technology into a shipping product."

That is not telling you how Waymo is happy about self driving technology. Is telling you they are getting closer to the point they don't want to put money into it anymore, reason for Waymo's CEO John Krafcik to face pressure from Alphabet's CEO, Larry Page, and create a shipping product as soon as possible. They want to rush it on the market and be done with it.

To me, looks like a recipe for disaster, as long as
"When Waymo tested in Phoenix earlier this year, drivers sometimes had to take over the wheel to prevent the cars from holding up traffic because it took too long for humans in the command center to answer the cars’ requests for help," Efrati writes. Avoiding these kinds of problems is going to require Waymo to hire and train a lot of human operators. Managing large numbers of ordinary workers has never been one of Google's strong suits.

Waymo's cars have had persistent problems navigating left turns, according to Efrati, especially when there's no left-hand turn arrow to control oncoming traffic. Waymo cars struggle to navigate cul-de-sacs. Large mall parking lots also pose a challenge, since these private properties might not be well represented in Waymo's 3-D maps."

Anyway, the story doesn't say they will launch 100% this year, like our delusional troll repeatedly vomits stupidities on this forum, but how

"they could be months away"
"Real driverless cars could come to the Phoenix area this year"
"is preparing to launch "a commercial ride-sharing service powered by self-driving vehicles with no human 'safety' drivers as soon as this fall."
"Obviously, there's no guarantee that Waymo will hit this ambitious target."
"Waymo's service is likely to launch first in Chandler"
"These are all reasons to doubt whether Waymo will be able to launch a truly driverless taxi service this year as Page would like"

It is all evasive, everywhere is reported and you read about it.

The fact that they might have established themselves a target, doesn't mean they will also be able to achieve it. This is a game of words in which they want to present themselves as confident and ready as possible, when obviously they are not. It is all PR.

There are 3 links on on my post. Apparently it only counts if I retype everything.
You go back and watch Nickelodeon and Cartoon Network child.

Last edited:

iheartuber

One of the stories published by ArsTechnica says - "Waymo CEO John Krafcik faces pressure from his boss, Google co-founder and Alphabet CEO Larry Page, to transform Waymo's impressive self-driving technology into a shipping product."

That is not telling you how Waymo is happy about self driving technology. Is telling you they are getting closer to the point they don't want to put money into it anymore, reason for Waymo's CEO John Krafcik to face pressure from Alphabet's CEO, Larry Page, and create a shipping product as soon as possible. They want to rush it on the market and be done with it.

To me, looks like a recipe for disaster, as long as
"When Waymo tested in Phoenix earlier this year, drivers sometimes had to take over the wheel to prevent the cars from holding up traffic because it took too long for humans in the command center to answer the cars’ requests for help," Efrati writes. Avoiding these kinds of problems is going to require Waymo to hire and train a lot of human operators. Managing large numbers of ordinary workers has never been one of Google's strong suits.

Waymo's cars have had persistent problems navigating left turns, according to Efrati, especially when there's no left-hand turn arrow to control oncoming traffic. Waymo cars struggle to navigate cul-de-sacs. Large mall parking lots also pose a challenge, since these private properties might not be well represented in Waymo's 3-D maps."

Anyway, the story doesn't say they will launch 100% this year, like our delusional troll repeatedly vomits stupidities on this forum, but how

"they could be months away"
"Real driverless cars could come to the Phoenix area this year"
"is preparing to launch "a commercial ride-sharing service powered by self-driving vehicles with no human 'safety' drivers as soon as this fall."
"Obviously, there's no guarantee that Waymo will hit this ambitious target."
"Waymo's service is likely to launch first in Chandler"
"These are all reasons to doubt whether Waymo will be able to launch a truly driverless taxi service this year as Page would like"

It is all evasive, everywhere is reported and you read about it.

The fact that they might have established themselves a target, doesn't mean they will also be able to achieve it. This is a game of words in which they want to present themselves as confident and ready as possible, when obviously they are not. It is all PR.
Well there you have it. The Tomato says what he says not because it's true but because he's basically being paid to say so by Google Alphabet's CEO Larry Page.

I give Tomato credit though for not breaking character.

Hey wait a minute.... The tomato is Larry Page's nephew!!! That explains everything

Last edited:

tomatopaste

Actually I did my own subsequent research and got to the bottom of it. The result is for some reason that no reporter can explain Google themselves set a somewhat unrealistic self-imposed end of the year deadline.

So... the UP community is not the only ones scratching their heads but I guess pass the popcorn?
I know, can you believe the nerve of Google? Acting like they, Google, would have the slightest idea when they, Google, will be ready to launch? Anyone with half a brain knows the only people qualified to know when they, Google, will be ready to launch are reporters and "the UP community."

iheartuber

I know, can you believe the nerve of Google? Acting like they, Google, would have the slightest idea when they, Google, will be ready to launch? Anyone with half a brain knows the only people qualified to know when they, Google, will be ready to launch are reporters and "the UP community."
Sir, we are not talking out of our butts. We make these comments based on our experience in the business world. We bring to the table collectively hundreds if not thousands of years of business experience, not to mention simple common sense.

But hey... go ahead. have your fun. Like I said.. pass the popcorn.

tomatopaste

Sir, we are not talking out of our butts. We make these comments based on our experience in the business world. We bring to the table collectively hundreds if not thousands of years of business experience, not to mention simple common sense.

But hey... go ahead. have your fun. Like I said.. pass the popcorn.
Nobody said anything about butt speak. Sure maybe a few might have thought they heard some butt speak but they're just yahoos without thousands of years of collective business experience and zero common sense. Just ignore them.

I have some ideas. Maybe it's cause Google has been working on self driving cars seriously since 2009?

And they have over 3.5 million self driving miles on everyday roads in everyday traffic.

And over a billion miles when you include simulation miles which are indistinguishable to the car.

Maybe after driving for months on end without the need for the safety driver to intervene, they simply went around the room and asked:

Larry, are we a go?
Yup.
Sergey?
Yup.
Krafcik?
Yup.
Ok then, let's roll.

I'm guessing.

jocker12

Anyone with half a brain knows the only people qualified to know when they, Google, will be ready to launch are reporters and "the UP community."
No, the only ones that know are the trolls trying to convince how their diarrhea is Swiss chocolate and smells like roses. Let us flush the water now.

Last edited:

iheartuber

Nobody said anything about butt speak. Sure maybe a few might have thought they heard some butt speak but they're just yahoos without thousands of years of collective business experience and zero common sense. Just ignore them.

I have some ideas. Maybe it's cause Google has been working on self driving cars seriously since 2009?

And they have over 3.5 million self driving miles on everyday roads in everyday traffic.

And over a billion miles when you include simulation miles which are indistinguishable to the car.

Maybe after driving for months on end without the need for the safety driver to intervene, they simply went around the room and asked:

Larry, are we a go?
Yup.
Sergey?
Yup.
Krafcik?
Yup.
Ok then, let's roll.

I'm guessing.

I see ads constantly for Google Home (Google's answer to Alexa) and the Pixel phone (Google's answer to the iPhone) and so they're just going balls out fourth quarter, which is probably why they want to put all their products out now.

That's fine, except something about this massive push feels like it's coming from a place of desperation.

This can not end well

tomatopaste

No, the only ones that know are the trolls trying to convince how their diarrhea is Swiss chocolate and smells like roses. Let us flush the water now.
c'mon jockey. If you can't laugh at yourself at least let us laugh at you.

I see ads constantly for Google Home (Google's answer to Alexa) and the Pixel phone (Google's answer to the iPhone) and so they're just going balls out fourth quarter, which is probably why they want to put all their products out now.

That's fine, except something about this massive push feels like it's coming from a place of desperation.

This can not end well
Massive push? They've been working on self driving cars for almost a decade. How many companies have the wherewithal to dump in a billion dollars on a long shot? You want to take the profit motive out and only rely on taxpayer funded boondoggles?

iheartuber

c'mon jockey. If you can't laugh at yourself at least let us laugh at you.

Massive push? They've been working on self driving cars for almost a decade. How many companies have the wherewithal to dump in a billion dollars on a long shot? You want to take the profit motive out and only rely on taxpayer funded boondoggles?

I don't care if you spend ten billion dollars and twenty years of research you launch when the time is right. And in my humble opinion it's still too soon.

Or... if you do launch now then do so at a profitable rate which in my experience is roughly $1.50 a mile MINIMUM, or to be really cushy $2+

If Google will charge those rates then I think they have a reasonable chance of being successful if they launch now.

I'm just going by what you're saying on the price. For all I know your price quotes are wrong. (?) Maybe they are planning on charging a price they can actually make money with when you consider all variables they will have to face.

But if what you say is true and they are not only going to market in about 6 weeks, AND they plan on charging the consumer a price that is so low they will not recoup, then I stand by my opinion that it will be a train wreck.

goneubering

I don't care if you spend ten billion dollars and twenty years of research you launch when the time is right. And in my humble opinion it's still too soon.

Or... if you do launch now then do so at a profitable rate which in my experience is roughly $1.50 a mile MINIMUM, or to be really cushy $2+

If Google will charge those rates then I think they have a reasonable chance of being successful if they launch now.

I'm just going by what you're saying on the price. For all I know your price quotes are wrong. (?) Maybe they are planning on charging a price they can actually make money with when you consider all variables they will have to face.

But if what you say is true and they are not only going to market in about 6 weeks, AND they plan on charging the consumer a price that is so low they will not recoup, then I stand by my opinion that it will be a train wreck.
Google doesn't need to make money from this venture at the beginning but they do need to have a reliable product.

iheartuber

Google doesn't need to make money from this venture at the beginning but they do need to have a reliable product.
You can't take a loss by charging a bargain basement price and then years later increase your price. Uber found that out the hard way.

goneubering

You can't take a loss by charging a bargain basement price and then years later increase your price. Uber found that out the hard way.
Uber bought market share. This is not a new business concept. Then they raised prices and millions of riders use them. Reports also say they're getting closer and closer to being profitable even after spending tons of money on their SDC fantasy.

iheartuber

Uber bought market share. This is not a new business concept. Then they raised prices and millions of riders use them. Reports also say they're getting closer and closer to being profitable even after spending tons of money on their SDC fantasy.
Uber never raised prices. They're the same low prices they've been for the last 3 years, at least in my market.

It's true that uber does own market share, but market share doesn't pay bills, money does. Now, it's true that in theory the company with that much market share can dictate the prices and charge higher. But that's theory. Where's the reality?

That's the entire problem with this whole discussion- too much theory not enough reality

WeirdBob

I see ads constantly for Google Home (Google's answer to Alexa) and the Pixel phone (Google's answer to the iPhone)
The Pixel Phone? That's the one that will probably be subject to a massive recall, correct?

Your eyes don't deceive you, some Pixel 2 XL's screens have a burn-in issue.

https://www.cnet.com/news/pixel-2-xl-oled-screen-burn-in-issue/

Once again, the Pixel 2 XL is catching flak over its screen.

Recently, it was reported that the phone suffers from screen burn-in, wherein remnants of images remain on the screen despite not being actively displayed.

The issue was first spotted by Android Central, and we saw it on one of our Pixel 2 XL review units when we displayed a grey color swatch at 2,880x1,440-pixel resolution. (Android Central suggests a black or red color swatch, but we found grey highlighted the problem more easily). Indeed, there were faint, but noticeable, outlines of the notification bar (which includes the time and battery status) and the navigational hotkeys on the bottom of the display.
. . .

Though screen burn-in does happen on different types of displays, OLED screens (which the Pixel 2 XL has) are more prone to it. However, it usually happens after some time, so it's definitely a red flag if it's happening in some Pixel 2 XLs this soon. In the one unit with the burn-in issue, we've only had it for a week and since that time, its screen has been on for no more than a couple of hours at a time per day.
. . .​