1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

Google maps frequent crashes in Line rides

Discussion in 'Lyft' started by JFrancis, Jan 20, 2018.

1. JFrancis

JFrancis Member

Just wondering... does anyone else have frequent Google Maps crashes during Line rides when you have rider(s), and at the point when another rider is added.

Note I am running with Maps called separate from Lyft app, not the embedded option.

Also note, one reason I do line rides is I need all the rides I can get.

2. bigboston

bigboston New Member

Driving:
    Lyft
    ever since lyft updated to include google maps built in I have been having Maps issues when running google maps by itsself outside of lyft.

crashes too many times ot count, freezes mid drive and doesnt say anything, ill just notice all of a sudden i missed a turn or the arrow isnt moving
    and on top of it google maps end of route wont mach up with where the pin is or the actual destination in lyft anymore.

i think its just lyft trying to force us to use the built in version

3. JFrancis

JFrancis Member

I'll have to try the embedded again to see if I can like it. I remember not liking the maps in a smaller presentation, and also not being able to see the directions written out. I find that very useful. Maybe that feature is still there in the embedded version and I just did not find it.

4. Dropking

Dropking Well-Known Member

Do not use their embedded map program. You are setting yourself up for future nastygrams by allowing them to know your suggested route.

Do not give Line rides. They are losers for drivers.

5. bigboston

bigboston New Member

Driving:
    Lyft
    built in gmaps sucks.
    you cant manually input anything, no route options, cant look at the directions list, smaller view area and more

Ski Free likes this.

6. Hunter420

Hunter420 Well-Known Member

it takes like an hour to start! then lags, and crashes!