1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

Google map lead me to the backyard of the airport

Discussion in 'Stories' started by ayending, Jun 13, 2018.

1. ayending

ayending New Member

not sure whom to blame, the passenger who might pin a wrong destination or the navigation which provides extra ten minutes and mileages. The passenger would tend to give me 1 star if he missed the flight.
    Follow-up: I contacted uber and they adjusted the fare, reducing 8 bucks from my part, and the pax ahole gave me a 2star. wtf

Last edited: Jun 13, 2018
  2. MadePenniesToday

MadePenniesToday Well-Known Member

It's happened to plenty of people. Is the back for private jets? Just ask rider which terminal/airline before you get to airport.

3. SpongemanGreg

SpongemanGreg Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    I get directed there with the uber map. Happens 8 times out of 10 so I always check to make sure. That spot is for private/chartered flights. Only once have I had to drop someone off there that worked on a charter crew out of Miami.

4. merryon2nd

merryon2nd Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberXL
    Yeah, it's kind of along the same lines as when it tries to take you down alleys or to the back of a row of houses. Always a bloody adventure with rideshare and nav apps.