Google Map is great, but it's not perfect.

ricdam

Take the ED, get off at William St, take left on crown st, make the u turn some how (perhaps go around the block) and finally take right on William and you are there... Too easy

UberSyd

It must be your nightmare if you follow Google Map's direction to The Sydney Boulevard Hotel.
View attachment 56976
The images below might be useful for the new drivers (I've just finished 425 rides and I like this job.)
View attachment 56946 View attachment 56947 View attachment 56948 View attachment 56949 View attachment 56950 View attachment 56951 View attachment 56952 View attachment 56953 View attachment 56954 View attachment 56955
The last one to Intercontinental you can just go right onto philip from bridge and then right into the ramp up to the foyer. I dropped heaps of people there this way. Has it been changed to no right turn ?

fields

The best thing about Google maps, its free. But I consider it almost unusable for new drivers in the CBD.

Stone_zou

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
The last one to Intercontinental you can just go right onto philip from bridge and then right into the ramp up to the foyer. I dropped heaps of people there this way. Has it been changed to no right turn ?
Yes, you are right, I can turn right there. Only once trip there and my rider directed me in a same route with yours. However, I had to drive over the double continue line into the hotel. So, if I can choose, I prefer to go a little bit further and then turn left into the hotel without pressure. Of course, if the rider doesn't mind.

I will redraw this image to add this route. Thank you.

Last edited:

UberSyd

Yes, you are right, I can turn right there. Only once trip there and my rider directed me in a same route with yours. However, I had to drive over the double continue line into the hotel. So, if I can choose, I prefer to go a little bit further and then turn left into the hotel without pressure. Of course, if the rider doesn't mind.

I will redraw this image to add this route. Thank you.
yeah i have always thought its ok to cross double lines when driving in to a driveway... lots of people debate over it but I'm pretty sure its legal in NSW ... but I could be wrong.

ubersleek

Thanks for taking the time to post these maps Stone_zou. Interesting to see them side-by-side. Some of the directions are just unbelievable! I feel sorry for drivers who don't know the city and have to rely on the maps.

Re The Old Clare .... Your red arrow northbound on Kensington from Regent is correct but the other arrow is a no-go. You can't turn right from Broadway into Regent.

Take the ED, get off at William St, take left on crown st, make the u turn some how (perhaps go around the block) and finally take right on William and you are there... Too easy
U-turn on Crown? Good luck. And unless you're a muppet in a white Camry, why go that way...? The OP's red arrow directions are spot on - from exit ramp across into Palmer, left on Robinson, left on Crown, left on William...

Stone_zou

Re The Old Clare .... Your red arrow northbound on Kensington from Regent is correct but the other arrow is a no-go. You can't turn right from Broadway into Regent.
Thank you for letting me know this mistake! I have corrected it.

Stone_zou

... but I could be wrong.
Next time we can cross it with confidence. MyRedUber is right.

I find this rule on NSW Road Rules: rms.nsw.gov.au/roads/safety-rules/road-rules/traffic-lights.html
Dividing lines
Unless a sign tells you otherwise, you can cross any type of dividing line when turning right at an intersection. You can also turn to the right across a dividing line to enter or leave a property (eg home or shops) by the shortest route.

Last edited: