Goodbye Select

hulksmash

Those are probably sedans with legroom that don’t qualify for select and don’t have enough seats for XL. Probably for all the whiny pax who want legroom but don’t want a minivan and don’t wanna pay Select rates. Those drivers will probably still get regular X rates

U phoria

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
It looks to be about the same price as XL. It would kill XL demand for small groups that order XL for legroom. Uber collects the same fare but pays drivers less
It’s prices below XL , just looked and a $84 ride on XL is $70 on comfort.

It’s in Chicago you can look at pax app

LAWeasel

It’s prices below XL , just looked and a $84 ride on XL is $70 on comfort.

It’s in Chicago you can look at pax app
Great. So now there's a pure option for either 6 drunks at once, home depot delivery, or an occasional airport trip: XL

If someone wants to ride with more comfort they get the same vehicle cheaper.

WTF is Uber thinking?

Last edited:

Selector19

A car with some extra legroom does not mean a high-end car. I don't think a pax who always orders Select would buy this "Comfort" BS. At least in my area.

LAWeasel

A car with some extra legroom does not mean a high-end car. I don't think a pax who always orders Select would buy this "Comfort" BS. At least in my area.
I'm baffled. If a pax knows to order XL for extra legroom and is willing to pay for it, why offer something cheaper? This is pure stupidity, like airlines offering first class tickets at coach prices to everyone.

U phoria

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'm baffled. If a pax knows to order XL for extra legroom and is willing to pay for it, why offer something cheaper? This is pure stupidity, like airlines offering first class tickets at coach prices to everyone.
Lots of fat assez in Chicago that probably complain about their pool rides in a Yaris.

Yeah these comfort cars will do pool with uber pro out now, more money for uber to pocket.

Also lots of drivers buy leather camrys and complain to uber they should get more money

Who knows what uber is thinking but I agree that it will hurt XL because many order for just 1-2 pax so they don’t have to ride in a death trap