• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Good weekend?

Jota

you haven't get profits

£ 298 in 54 trips,

calculate the costs on your own during that period of work
Diesel, Good, Car maintenance, etc....

Also I hope you did not get some penalty charger while drove in that period,

but that's my opinion

Methos

No body cares about gross income.
Deduct ALL the cost, then divide by the hours worked and you will get a rough estimate of your average hourly income, this income will fluctuate throughout the year and very likely in januray to maybe march you will be at a deficit working those hours.
All this is still before you've paid for any damage or breakdowns you might have.

UberLuxbod

Some people are ignoring the fact that hours logged in as available is very different to actual hours worked.

A big chunk of that time would have been spent reading a book or watching a film, going to the toilet when you want, drink a cup of tea when you want, have a few Zzzz's when you want.

If you were working on the clock in a PAYE job then you would be working an awful lot harder and constantly between breaks.

So take off 3 hours to give a hour for lunch each day and two 15min breaks (Unpaid of course) the comparable figure is nearer £16/17.

£150 a day is hardly terrible. Averaged over 5/6 days you are looking at £750/900.

A bus driver will be on less. A Deliveroo rider will be on less. Pizza delivery will be on less. Security Guard will be on less. Club Bouncer will be on less.

An you don't have to do spread over shifts in PH. If you live centrally you can sit at home waiting for work (I know of a couple of people that do just that)

The more you read posts on here the more you realise people have really unrealistic financial expectations of a largely unskilled occupation.

If you want better rates then get your own clients, get some other skills and try and move up to Chauffeur work (proper stuff with HNWI not working for Stringfellows or similar). Then you can target Wedding work which is a nice little earner for not massive amounts of effort.

Or do the KoL if you want to stay in this industry long term picking up randoms.

My personal choice would be to go down the Chauffeur route because I prefer that type of clientele.

renod babek

Some people are ignoring the fact that hours logged in as available is very different to actual hours worked.

A big chunk of that time would have been spent reading a book or watching a film, going to the toilet when you want, drink a cup of tea when you want, have a few Zzzz's when you want.

If you were working on the clock in a PAYE job then you would be working an awful lot harder and constantly between breaks.

So take off 3 hours to give a hour for lunch each day and two 15min breaks (Unpaid of course) the comparable figure is nearer £16/17.

£150 a day is hardly terrible. Averaged over 5/6 days you are looking at £750/900.

A bus driver will be on less. A Deliveroo rider will be on less. Pizza delivery will be on less. Security Guard will be on less. Club Bouncer will be on less.

An you don't have to do spread over shifts in PH. If you live centrally you can sit at home waiting for work (I know of a couple of people that do just that)

The more you read posts on here the more you realise people have really unrealistic financial expectations of a largely unskilled occupation.

If you want better rates then get your own clients, get some other skills and try and move up to Chauffeur work (proper stuff with HNWI not working for Stringfellows or similar). Then you can target Wedding work which is a nice little earner for not massive amounts of effort.

Or do the KoL if you want to stay in this industry long term picking up randoms.

My personal choice would be to go down the Chauffeur route because I prefer that type of clientele.
Depends how you see it. Personally I wouldn't work for a firm if I had time to watch a WHOLE film in between jobs. In reality it's being unproductive and a waste of my time, and shows there's to much supply and not enough demand.
But if people are quite happy sitting around for few hours day reading book or whatever, between jobs.
fair play.
Also there's no deductions on your £150 a day so it's a slanted view to say the least.

Last edited:

UberLuxbod

Depends how you see it. Personally I wouldn't work for a firm if I had time to watch a film in between jobs. In reality it's being unproductive and a waste of my time, and shows there's to much supply and not enough demand.
But if people are quite happy sitting around for few hours day reading book or whatever, between jobs.
fair play.
Also there's no deductions on your £150 a day so it's a slanted view to say the least.

You work for a PH firm with no downtime throughout the day?

Please put up the details as all firms have quiet periods and busy periods.

Include a number so people on here can apply.

There will always be times when you are parked up doing nothing.

Uber started up to fill in proper Chauffeurs downtime, just like it did in the US. It was only when Lyft started the Rideshare rubbish that Uber introduced the different service levels (it may have always been the plan but we will never know that now)

To suggest otherwise is deluded, or the person saying it drives round and round between jobs thinking they will make more that way.

And which job can you make £150 a day without deductions?

And every job requires money spent to get to it. If you want a car to get there is has to be paid for.

Again if you know of a job that pays £150 a day with no deductions (£750 a week as an average) please post it up for the benefit of those wanting to try other things.

When I worked PAYE I often had over £1000 deductions a month, with overtime it was often more, the highest was £2000. Though over £400 of that was Pension Contributions (though there are tax advantages aswell)

But on a flat month with a top line of £2880 take home was just over £1900. Add an extra £180 because I was paying extra Pension contributions.

From that £1900 odd I would have to pay my car HP, car Insurance, car maintenance and fuel.

That would usually leave around £1400.

So I have gone from £2880 to £1400. (Again add £180 because of my extra Pension) so call it £1580.

So the top line of £17.70 per hour as sudden to become you end up at £9.70 after car payments and Insurance.

Funnily enough when people slag off Uber (and PH) they forget to make things like for like.

I haven't bothered with depreciation as I got bored.

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Blimey! I must be at the poverty end of driving for Uber here.

Sounds like everyone else is making a killing!

54 trips, which were short and sweet. Completed very quickly.

We have the advantage of sitting at home waiting for the first job here and then I tend to finish when I get a job coming home. But mind you, to get from any side of Birmingham to home at 5am only takes 15/20 minutes at the most. Usually I wait to get a job that takes me within 10 minutes of home.

Our minimum fare here is £3.50, hence the number of jobs.

soTuga

Not totally fuel free. Cost me £50.

Insurance was covered via something else I have going.
Mate sorry to say but you have no clue of living costs and expenses on the business you are part of.
It's people like you that Uber pray on and love.
£300 should be a normal day, 10hrs shift.. not that £250 minus all expenses for taking 54 trips. That is for sure lots of Pool trips judging by the low fare per trip average.
Glad you are so Happy.

UberLuxbod

Mate sorry to say but you have no clue of living costs and expenses on the business you are part of.
£300 should be a normal day, 10hrs shift.. not that £250 minus all expenses for taking 54 trips. That is for sure lots of Pool trips judging by the low fare per trip average.
Glad you are so Happy.
The clue is in the name!

He is in Birmingham......

£300 for some part time hours in Brum.....

UberLuxbod

Glad you are so Happy.

Lol.

£300 a day in 10hours doing PH!

You are deluded fella.

soTuga

Lol.

£300 a day in 10hours doing PH!

You are deluded fella.
LOL, maybe you looking in the mirror. Don't you think that in 2016, it would be a normal driving days pay.
If Tfl did not issue the crazy amount of licenses every week, all drivers working with Uber would be doing well.
Now we are on over supply mode, Uber can do as they please.

renod babek

You work for a PH firm with no downtime throughout the day?

Please put up the details as all firms have quiet periods and busy periods.

Include a number so people on here can apply.

There will always be times when you are parked up doing nothing.

Uber started up to fill in proper Chauffeurs downtime, just like it did in the US. It was only when Lyft started the Rideshare rubbish that Uber introduced the different service levels (it may have always been the plan but we will never know that now)

To suggest otherwise is deluded, or the person saying it drives round and round between jobs thinking they will make more that way.

And which job can you make £150 a day without deductions?

And every job requires money spent to get to it. If you want a car to get there is has to be paid for.

Again if you know of a job that pays £150 a day with no deductions (£750 a week as an average) please post it up for the benefit of those wanting to try other things.

When I worked PAYE I often had over £1000 deductions a month, with overtime it was often more, the highest was £2000. Though over £400 of that was Pension Contributions (though there are tax advantages aswell)

But on a flat month with a top line of £2880 take home was just over £1900. Add an extra £180 because I was paying extra Pension contributions.

From that £1900 odd I would have to pay my car HP, car Insurance, car maintenance and fuel.

That would usually leave around £1400.

So I have gone from £2880 to £1400. (Again add £180 because of my extra Pension) so call it £1580.

So the top line of £17.70 per hour as sudden to become you end up at £9.70 after car payments and Insurance.

Funnily enough when people slag off Uber (and PH) they forget to make things like for like.

I haven't bothered with depreciation as I got bored.
Below is a paste from yor quote.
"£150 a day is hardly terrible. Averaged over 5/6 days you are looking at £750/900. "

Where have I put £150 a day with no downtime?
So for the sake of all the poor souls reading this " Bless them."
I'll fill in what you've left out with no gaps in between:smiles:
20/25%perweekuberscut.carpayment.insurancepayment.fuel.badgecost.pcolicensecost.repairs.Tax.phone.
Feel free to add anything I've left out.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
bobby747 Philadelphia 11
Rope Ninja Adelaide 6
U Las Vegas 4