• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Good TLC Insurance Brokers in NYC?

Uberman8263

Hey Megatron,

That is what I have been saying. I mean look, I understand things are not like the way they were, but I always say that if something is not working for you just do something else instead of complaining and being negative about everything. All these comments by people that are so called "veterans" in the industry are really just comments by people who dont have the work ethic to sustain there own business. Any true veteran driver is still making it out there. Maybe not doing Uber 100% of the time, but diversifying your income potential is what you need to do to succeed. I'm probably going to get murdered for this comment by the usual suspects (ORT and VanStaal) but oh well. Yeah Uber has lowered fares, yes they have flooded the market, but what makes a big difference in this industry is not how many drivers are out there but how you "Hustle" your way to making that money. Like I have mentioned before, about 80% of the Uber drivers out there do not work this smart, period. The ones that do, make a living. Not saying this is income source #1, but there is a reason why people are still doing this. Whether you do it for gas and toll money for the week or just half your work its still good.[/QUOTE. I would like to know how you came up with your 80% number.

You cannot talk to certain people who have already made their mind up. If he thinks he found a better way why fight it? You can hustle in yellow to make a few extra dollars. With uber if you do not get the pings, ain't nothing you can do about it. Vanstaal, ORT when you started you guys had the same hopes and dreams. Let's hear from these guys in 6 months.
No hopes and dreams here, I am a realist, I don't indulge in fantasies and big buckets of gold at the end of the rainbow, not in this industry.

Douglas

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I find it amazing how corrupt the system is to obtain the proper insurance and the fact is that the companies are authorized in NYC are really not that great either.

victornyc2015

NY Auto Brokerage
34-11 Queens Blvd, Long Island City.
Is the worst customer service I have ever encountered. As you pay for your insurance while being insulted from a unbalance minded front desk woman. I seen her insulting other people around me and then when she took care of me, I got insulted because of her indolence. In my mind i said "This woman need psychological help". they're other tlc broker just google nyc tlc broker. I insure you I have saved you a trip from disaster. Is ironic how they're Recommend by Uber. They're the one you see the at uber Tlc room. I guess they want the weak minded drivers to take advantage.

Last edited:

fiody

Newsflash, find another job, you are only wasting your time, the market is over saturated with FHV cars, have you been hiding in a cave.
You better off driving yellow.
And no one else can help you obtain the TLC plates faster, the process is what it is, the reason it might be taking a while is because of what I said above, the market is over saturated with FHV drivers, the TLC is backed up with FHV applications, which is mind boggling.
No one asked for that.

Last edited:

Manhmptn

NY Auto Brokerage
Is the worst customer service I have ever encountered. As you pay for your insurance while being insulted from a unbalance minded front desk woman. I seen her insulting other people around me and then when she took care of me, I got insulted because of her indolence. In my mind i said "This woman need psychological help". they're other tlc broker just google nyc tlc broker. I insure you I have saved you a trip from disaster. Is ironic how Uber Recommend. They're the one you see the at uber Tlc room. I guess they want the weak minded drivers.
That place is a schit hole!

The employees, the Broker, the office, the way they treat the customers and everything about them is so ghetto and unprofessional.

When you deal with NY Auto Brokerage, you should check your monthly payments carefully, because they "may" (by so-called "error") charge you additional late fee (without being late) and/or one extra payment on your payment plan.

If you catch their scam, they'll correct it by simply saying "Sorry, it was an error".

Of course, same as Uber does to the poor, uneducated and illiterate immigrant drivers that until you catch their so-called errors(!) in their accounting, they both will continue to steal money from the poor drivers' pockets!

I switched my insurance broker from NY Auto Brokerage to Mystic Brokerage which is more professional environment and feels more comfortable to deal with.

Entire industry is run by crooks and thiefs!

Uberdriver20

Agree with Uber212. Been with Lone star since 2010. Never had any issues with the owner Majid. Call him, he provides the best rates.
I also agree. I have tried many brokers and have not looked back since Lone Star. Young, knowledgeable staff with the best rates. Speedy service and nice office. Ask for Hassan

sherlan

If u need tlc insurance, do not go to Next Century/Debbie Brown. She's unprofessional, you will wait for weeks for your quote.

Yoelie9312

Newsflash, find another job, you are only wasting your time, the market is over saturated with FHV cars, have you been hiding in a cave.
You better off driving yellow.
And no one else can help you obtain the TLC plates faster, the process is what it is, the reason it might be taking a while is because of what I said above, the market is over saturated with FHV drivers, the TLC is backed up with FHV applications, which is mind boggling.
Yet too many times I still have trouble getting a cab.

Yoelie9312

You do know that new drivers get more jobs the first two months, then they show down, is that $430 gross yours or before Uber's cut. I am also sure that's with surge pricing, which does not happen often. And I am also sure you drive around like a crazy Nelly to earn those dollars.
But if ur just lookin out Why not just give advice such as "also sign up with Lyft, Juno, Via... as many as u can handle so that if one is slow u can pick up calls from one of the other ones? Or try Via every now and then, they pay hourly." Uber is not the only FHV company. U can even sign up with uptown bases as well and pay them about $70 a week and get those calls as well. Every FHV driver I have spoken to has told me they make over 1K net a week. And I can't tell u how many times I still have problems getting a cab. I take them at least 3 times a week.

Vishnu643

Hey Doug, I will highly recommend Lone Star Bkge on Steinway Street in Astoria. Call him at 7182045050. I have been with them since 2009 and not even once had any issues. I even make my payment sometimes super late and never have to worry about anything because they always have already submitted the payment on my behalf. You must try them, no regrets I assure. Good Luck and let me know if I can be any more help. I drive with Carmel and will try to answer any question you may have. Good Luck
I second Lonestar. My cousin pays $450/mo from those guys. Granted, he has had his license for over 3 years and his TLC license for over a year. It seems years matter no matter what insurance policy you have.

Thanks for your discouraging answer
He's overhyping the matter. Yes there's a lot of folks on a TLC high, but the system is not backed up like that guy stated. The only way it will take forever is if you have to do a run around with paper work for whatever personal excuse. Also, make sure to have at least 3 months pay in check. If you can afford to pay the entire year off in one shot, I hear you would do better than the other guys. But most people don't do that.

NY Auto Brokerage
Is the worst customer service I have ever encountered. As you pay for your insurance while being insulted from a unbalance minded front desk woman. I seen her insulting other people around me and then when she took care of me, I got insulted because of her indolence. In my mind i said "This woman need psychological help". they're other tlc broker just google nyc tlc broker. I insure you I have saved you a trip from disaster. Is ironic how they're Recommend by Uber. They're the one you see the at uber Tlc room. I guess they want the weak minded drivers to take advantage.
I did notice some of them at the LIC office had an attitude problem. And they require a $2K down payment. WTF bro, that's outrageous.

tucstwo

I dealt with Pearland, both their LIC office and their (god awful) branch in Brooklyn. I found them to be helpful and straightforward. Just stay away from their Brooklyn office unless you want to wait a week for a simple email question to be (poorly) answered.