1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Good TLC Insurance Brokers in NYC?

Discussion in 'New York City' started by Douglas, Apr 25, 2015.

1. ORT

Sorry man, I don't sugar coat anything, I wish I could say you will make lots of money, but that would be lying, not here to stop you, just giving you good advice.
    Apparently you haven't been paying attention to the local news, even mayor Deblassio tried to slow down Uber as they have added 20,000 cars in a little over a year, and are looking to add another 10,000 this year, more money for uber, not the drivers, this has been discussed here to nauseum.
    If you think I am lying open the passenger app, Uber cars on top of each other, covering the whole city, more Uber's than yellow taxis, at least Taxi you get to do street hail, and you don't get rated by the passengers.
    Uber is a complete nightmare.

2. Vanstaal

Vanstaal

Just face the facts. ORT is right. He was just giving you the heads up

Lenny_yellow_cab likes this.
  3. theuberhub

theuberhub

Can I ask you a sincere question? I'm not trying to argue or trying to stir up the pot or anything, I am actually just trying to understand people like you. If something in life is not working for someone, why make comments like that and discourage others from trying something with the hopes that it my go well for them? I understand your valid point that there are a lot of Uber drivers out there flooding the market. But just because there are over 30k drivers, could it be possible for someone to actually have a good day if there at the right spot at the right time? Again, I completely understand your points. But I think all the negativity is what makes this job unbearable. I tell you this because you are already predisposed to the notion that you are not going to be successful. And whether you like it or not that messes with the psychic of anyone. You have to have a lot of will to do a job that others are saying you are going to fail. And yes not everyone will be successful, but if I am not is because of my own merits not by the constant discouragement from others. Now again, I dont know your motives behind, and maybe they are genuine, maybe your just looking out for all of the new drivers out there. I'm new to this website, not to Uber. I am in a market that is probably trash compared to NYC but I make a pretty good penny doing it at the times I go, and that is with the crappy rates. This job is a lot on chance. If you are at the right place at the right time, it goes well. Same thing goes for the other way around.

Yoelie9312, Elmer Fudd and Jacmel10 like this.
  4. Vanstaal

Vanstaal

Are you in a psychology major?
    Hopes? We lay facts here from past experience. We try to save your behind before you join the bandwagon of financial debt.
    Yep.
    As you mentioned it... 30k
    Are you referring to NY Lottery?
    Still in psychology major? I thought you graduated by the time you wrote the second phrase
    In NYC, the good old dollar is what you need to make not a "penny". Your profile shows NYC. Are you hiding something from us?
    You my friend just answered your own question. NY Lottery!
    Keep rolling the dice. The odds are 30k/1

5. theuberhub

theuberhub

Wow, I have really learned my lesson here. I am from NYC but I drive in Conn and sometimes in NJ. No I am not a Psychology major but I do have a pretty good grasp as to why people say the things they say. there is reason behind everything. Although your initial response is to so call "help" the drivers to avoid this altogether so they dont get burned, your message and along with a lot of people who post on here come off as "Don't do Uber because there too many people doing it, you can't make any money (In your mind though your saying: I want to make more money than you, so dont drive)". I see a lot of "Don't do's" but I do not see any good advise being given that can truly benefit new drivers in this forum. Like I told the previous guy, maybe your points are valid. I understand no one wants to give up the secret to this business, because at the end of the day you will become affected if I or any other driver is successful. Again, I respect your comments and opinion on this matter. But if your sole advise to new drivers is not to drive and cannot give actual constructive criticism as to other avenues of revenue, not saying your going to give your own personal tips and tricks, then you fail to have an unbiased opinion, and it becomes invalid, at least to me. Once again, I respect what each and everyone of you do. My hope and yes my hope, (because nothing in this life is secure not even a so called "real job") is that everyone can become successful at what ever it is they want to succeed in. Remember, everyone has different motives as to why they do a job. Oh and not every Uber driver is out on the road at the same time. And not every Uber driver who is registered in NYC is actually driving for Uber anymore. So although the stats may say there are 30k drivers, the reality is less than half are on the road at any given time of day and its probably at an averrage of 4-6k drivers at any given moment just like the yellow cabs. When I say "Penny" this is actually a figure of speech to represent money, you know mula, bills, paper, chele (if your Dominican), green, Benjamins. Maybe another analogy would have worked? Anybody who works for themselves is working on Chance my friend. That is the true reality, no matter what the industry is.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2015
  6. Vanstaal

Vanstaal

By all means no one is stopping you. You can have all the Uber flea market out there just don't come back in the future complaining that you just got lost in Disneyland.

Paul S likes this.
  7. ORT

He won't be back, don't stress, this is the www.

8. Jacmel10

Jacmel10

Driving:
    UberSUV
    theuberhub
    Thanks for your comments. I started driving for UBER 3 days ago in Manhattan, so far so good ($430 in 2 days) 9pm till 3 am. Today I'm gonna try the morning shift

TN and NY driver and Yoelie9312 like this.
  9. ORT

You do know that new drivers get more jobs the first two months, then they show down, is that $430 gross yours or before Uber's cut. I am also sure that's with surge pricing, which does not happen often. And I am also sure you drive around like a crazy Nelly to earn those dollars.

10. Jacmel10

Jacmel10

Driving:
    UberSUV
    The speed limit is 25, and i'm driving my own car. There's no way & obligation to drive around like crazy

TN and NY driver likes this.
  11. Megatron

Megatron

Uber driving is a business like any other. Its just like opening up a restaurant in NYC. There will be some guys who find their restaurants very profitable while others will find they are going out of business. The difference is in energy, business skills, etc. Some guys will have what it takes to drive profitably, but others will not have what it takes. You cant just sit parked on the side waiting for Uber to give you fares. You have to figure out a strategy and literally be a hustler. You need to do what it takes to get the fares. Its up to you. There are guys out there who make 2500+ a week with the Suburban, but there are also others who barely make more than the guy with a Prius.

Quite a few strategies to choose from. For example, get yourself a mobile credit card reader like "Paypal Here". That guy who jumped into your Suburban really likes you and wants a repeat ride. Give him a business card, get his phone number and build a business relationship. Maybe you can take him again in the future.

Think it out and be creative. Good luck!

12. ORT

:rolleyes:

13. Megatron

Megatron

Ort's post tend to be negative on driving and the industry in general. The truth is ALL businesses are risky, ALL jobs are risky. There is no business where you can just throw it up and expect for the money to flow in. This is what Ort simply does not understand. He thinks his experience in the industry translates to everyone else's. The fact is that its up to you how successful you want this to become. Not everyone will succeed.

TN and NY driver and Yoelie9312 like this.
  14. Vanstaal

Vanstaal

You just bought a suburban huh? You think big! I meant you dream big! Zzzzzz....I will let this one sleep. Sorry didn't mean to step on your toes! I mean dream....zzzz...dream...
    PS: You do not roll the dice with a $50k car.

15. Megatron

Megatron

Ive already developed a small business with a good list of people to drive and just trying to take it further. A lot of you out there are frustrated and if you cant make it just go into another industry. If you continue on frustrated in this industry not making the money you want its destructive to yourself.

TN and NY driver and tucstwo like this.
  16. theuberhub

theuberhub

Hey Megatron,

That is what I have been saying. I mean look, I understand things are not like the way they were, but I always say that if something is not working for you just do something else instead of complaining and being negative about everything. All these comments by people that are so called "veterans" in the industry are really just comments by people who dont have the work ethic to sustain there own business. Any true veteran driver is still making it out there. Maybe not doing Uber 100% of the time, but diversifying your income potential is what you need to do to succeed. I'm probably going to get murdered for this comment by the usual suspects (ORT and VanStaal) but oh well. Yeah Uber has lowered fares, yes they have flooded the market, but what makes a big difference in this industry is not how many drivers are out there but how you "Hustle" your way to making that money. Like I have mentioned before, about 80% of the Uber drivers out there do not work this smart, period. The ones that do, make a living. Not saying this is income source #1, but there is a reason why people are still doing this. Whether you do it for gas and toll money for the week or just half your work its still good.

TN and NY driver likes this.
  17. Vanstaal

Vanstaal

I just opened the window and let this one "air out"

18. ubernyc

ubernyc

Driving:
    UberSUV
    nobody makes 2500 with suburban/suv, yeah working 100 hrs maybe. cuz i drove 70 hrs this wk, only got 2200. then i have my car payment, gas, insurance.

back in 2013, i never drove then 50 hrs made 2k all the time. during this week 2 yrs ago, i made 5469 nd this wk only 2200.. see the differnce

ORT likes this.
  19. BrooklynDodger

BrooklynDodger

Driving:
    UberLUX
    Try LAG Insurance located at 72-40 Main Street Flushing Queens, NY. Ask for Nicole, she's very good! She does it all! 718-575-3200 tell her G-Seven Executive Transportion, LLC sent you.

20. You cannot talk to certain people who have already made their mind up. If he thinks he found a better way why fight it? You can hustle in yellow to make a few extra dollars. With uber if you do not get the pings, ain't nothing you can do about it. Vanstaal, ORT when you started you guys had the same hopes and dreams. Let's hear from these guys in 6 months.