1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

Good TLC Insurance Brokers in NYC?

Discussion in 'New York City' started by Douglas, Apr 25, 2015.

1. Douglas

Douglas

Driving:
    UberSUV
    Hello, I am new to this. I am currently in the application process and have a base letter from uber. I am looking for trust worthy broker to purchase an appropriate amount of insurance from. I have been trying to find reviews or anything about NYC TLC Insurance brokers, but I cannot seem to find real information.

I spoke to one of the guys at the uber office in the little back room they have there for insurance, but was wondering if there is a better option for me, because honestly I did not get a great feeling watching them do business there.

Any information will help.

DavidMEna likes this.
  2. Red

Red

Driving:
    UberX
    Pick one close to your place of residence - there's not much difference otherwise. Same companies, same rates, same ****ty insurance.

SillyKidz and The_One like this.
  3. Red

Red

Driving:
    UberX
    Check Debbie Brown/Next Century NYC on Facebook.
    I know/can vouch for her.

4. Douglas

Douglas

Driving:
    UberSUV

Thanks, I will look into her!

5. Uber212

Uber212

Hey Doug, I will highly recommend Lone Star Bkge on Steinway Street in Astoria. Call him at 7182045050. I have been with them since 2009 and not even once had any issues. I even make my payment sometimes super late and never have to worry about anything because they always have already submitted the payment on my behalf. You must try them, no regrets I assure. Good Luck and let me know if I can be any more help. I drive with Carmel and will try to answer any question you may have. Good Luck

6. Usman Faiz

Usman Faiz

Agree with Uber212. Been with Lone star since 2010. Never had any issues with the owner Majid. Call him, he provides the best rates.

Uberdriver20, Douglas and Uber212 like this.
  7. Douglas

Douglas

Driving:
    UberSUV
    Thank you very much! I will give him a call on monday morning. I have many other questions, however my priority right now is to get the insurance and the plates and get out on the road as quickly as possible!

This website seems to be more helpful than any of the other sites I have come across for my questions
    :)

8. I use TA Anchor on Steinway Street and 34.

9. Bully

Bully

Me too. Ask for Korina. PM me if you need a hook up for a good rate.

10. jcorales30

jcorales30

Pm me info .

11. Gavriel

Gavriel

Debbie Brown is great. She has her own brokerage now. It's next century insurance at 712 3rd ave Brooklyn ny. You can call 718-788-3585

12. Gavriel

Gavriel

Yes Debbie is great and they also do automatic checks where you provide them with your checking number and call it once a month and make a payment. No broker fee as well. Debbie is the best

13. The_One

The_One

They are all the same, it's different brokers selling you the same insurance from the same carrier "underwriter".

14. Gavriel

Gavriel

That's not 100 percent true. Not all brokers are appointed with all companies and different companies classify uber differently. Some companies classify it as black car and some as car service, some companies surcharge or don't take certain types of vehicles. The same goes for your drivers license and how clean it is.

15. shon

shon

Driving:
    UberX
    Hi, Any one has good/
    bad experience with American Transit/ NY Auto Brokerage? How is the company?

16. Gavriel

Gavriel

If you have under 4 points on your license and work for uber price will be $3551. Policy will expire March 1, 2016. You can come to us if you would like no broker fee and we do auto check withdrawals or regular payments. You can call us at 718-788-3585 we are at 712 3rd ave Brooklyn ny.

fiody likes this.
  17. Jacmel10

Jacmel10

Driving:
    UberSUV
    I need someone to help me get my TLC plate faster than doing it by myself

18. ORT

Newsflash, find another job, you are only wasting your time, the market is over saturated with FHV cars, have you been hiding in a cave.
    You better off driving yellow.
    And no one else can help you obtain the TLC plates faster, the process is what it is, the reason it might be taking a while is because of what I said above, the market is over saturated with FHV drivers, the TLC is backed up with FHV applications, which is mind boggling.

tucstwo, Paul S and Lenny_yellow_cab like this.
  19. Try visiting next century in Brooklyn on 3rd Ave. Debbie is great. They also offer wheelchair classes at there location 7 days a week

20. Jacmel10

Jacmel10

Driving:
    UberSUV
    Thanks for your discouraging answer

Vishnu643 and Elmer Fudd like this.