Good saturday night

Botanyred

Every one do ok last. Seemed to ne a lot of surge. Northern beaches lit up like a Christmas tree. Got as far as the spit then was sent back to city. Overall good night. With the surge sure some did really well. Hopefully next sunday will be good as well.

Dhaw

Satuday night was good for me too.... even got some shire surge. Everyone was out and enjoying the warm weather! Maybe tonight too..

Avenig

I was surprised. I driving towards the beach thinking it was going to be a bit quiet. Was going to walk around Bondi so set destination.

Had back to back trips then found myself in a surge. Busy till dinner. Though it might go quiet but surge hit early. Even at midnight there was still an eastern suburbs surge.

The heat must have brought everyone out to play.

This could have been the biggest Saturday I've had, at least for this year anyway. $50 plus as hour. Don't see those nights too often.

Ivy9

Yeah was a good night, the most surges I've ever had in 1 night, but out of 8 surge trips 6 were less than $17. Also had half a dozen rider cancel trips which was annoying.

buddydubbo

yer it wasn't just the city and eastern subs neither i was getting trips back from castle hill, marylands, and canterbury at one stage i got 4 over 30 dollar trips in a row

Akong

As some of us are making $507 in 11 hours, then let's all pay commercial Uber CTP. Our customers deserve appropriate protection and senior citizens of NSW should not be propping our business activities. I call on SIRA to urgently address this anomaly.

Heisenberg 99.1%

"then lets all pay" ??
But you dont drive Akong, so why you need to pay?
Plus, you said you will rejoice in the streets if uber was no more??
Please, who do you work for? And why you come here?
Come clean

Dhaw

"then lets all pay" ??
But you dont drive Akong, so why you need to pay?
Plus, you said you will rejoice in the streets if uber was no more??
Please, who do you work for? And why you come here?
Come clean
New members to the forum and people in black hats. Bath and Akong are to be ignored no matter what silly things the repeat because we know they do not drive Uber and their provenance is questionable.

PJube

Not my best Saturday for houly rate but one of the most fun.

$557 for just shy of 13 hrs.
$10 in tips plus 3 Redbulls and a bottle of beer. (I know, not much compared to you TONY-T )

No pukers (close but gave me the heads up in time to jump out and exhale his dinner/drinks)

It was all up my best earning week with $2,227 in a titch over 57 hrs.
Travelled a total of 1,667 klms @ $1.33/klm, from home to home including all klms.

Attachments

• IMG_1923.PNG
    IMG_1923.PNG
    17.8 KB · Views: 120
  • IMG_1949.PNG
    IMG_1949.PNG
    23.6 KB · Views: 112
Last edited:

TONY-T

$10 in tips plus 3 Redbulls and a bottle of beer. (I know, not much compared to you TONY-T )

I lucked out in tips over the weekend, only $30 over the course of Friday and Saturday night. I had pax who wanted to tip me but didn't have any cash on them.

The $150 I got from Uber for my pax who vomited in my car was enough to put me over $1100 for the week (last Friday & Saturday night).

Ivy9

I started off slow, but finished strong. About $54 an hour over 11 hours.

I need to ask how people are doing $50+ an hour, I'm always doing less than everyone. What times are people driving on a Saturday night? Thanks

Avenig

I need to ask how people are doing $50+ an hour, I'm always doing less than everyone. What times are people driving on a Saturday night? Thanks

Tell us more about where you live, the days and times of your shift. If you live far away from the core areas that will impact your per hour earning with all the dead kms you need to drive.

TONY-T

I start usually around 5pm on a Saturday. I'll take a break about 8 pm, then start again around 930pm to 10pm, then go till 4am. Sometimes i'll work through the dinner break if it's busy enough. The nights where I do work through the dinner break, I'll usually end up on around $58 to $60 an hour, but not always.

Where you live plays a big part too. I live right in the middle of a surge zone, so it's happy days.

Ivy9

Thanks guys. I live in Parramatta and drive down Victoria Rd to the city to start my shift. Mostly I drive Saturday nights from 4pm to 2am.

Sometimes I do weekday mornings from 5am to 8am and find that is better than driving weeknights.

L5S

Looks like summer coming means sydney surging 24x7 with high fare in first place?? Thinking of move to sydney from november to february to get hot weather high income based out of airport & parramatta area

PJube

Thanks guys. I live in Parramatta and drive down Victoria Rd to the city to start my shift. Mostly I drive Saturday nights from 4pm to 2am.

Sometimes I do weekday mornings from 5am to 8am and find that is better than driving weeknights.

I live in a similar area but don't use that route. Don't be afraid to use your SD (Set Destination) to put you in more popular areas. Think like a pax... be the pax.

For example, using your route, you're driving straight into the jaws of the monster. If you do get a trip, you are lessening your chances of a decent fare or fares. If you SD to somewhere like Maroubra and drive diagonally away from your starting point, you increase your chance of better and multiple fares. Just because you SD doesn't mean you are actually going there.

Using the above example you could try SD to Maroubra and head up Pennant Hills Rd towards Hornsby. If you get a ping from, let's say, Carlingford to Macquarie Park, head up Mona Vale Rd towards Pymble etc.

This doesn't guarantee success but it's a different way to look at it. Other variables include the events that are on. Mulder99 generously gives his time listing the events so it's sometimes worth starting from a hot area. If an event is finishing at SOP, this is only 12 mins or 10klms from Parra so drive there offline and start from there.

Just a bit of food for thought. Happy Ubering :smiles: