GOLD for 88 trips. New unannounced rulings from Uber.

Maga&dan

Here is what I just wrote to Uber support:

I made 88 trips within LA County in previous week (8/1/16 - 8/7/16). However, I got only GOLD status. I went to the Uber support center in Westwood at 8:30 am today where representative was very helpful and tried hard to find the reason why it is happened. After a while he found a fresh e-mail for Uber representatives with a new rulings where said that the trips for incentives calculated from Monday 7am till Sunday 8pm and I made only 71 trips within this hours.

I would like to ask you to change my status from GOLD to PLATINUM for this week, because I wasn't aware about such changes. I strongly believe that 17 trips made by me during newly excluded hours was a valuable service for the Uber customer within an hours, when a very few Uber partners covering high demand. Working at this hours isn't easy an should be even more appreciated then excluded from counting.

I hope that in a future I, as a PARTNER, will be informed about such changes prior they will be in effect.
Please respond to me ASAP, so I'll be able to resume my work.

Thank you.

Maga&dan

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
So they are claiming that trips between Sunday at 8PM and Monday at 7AM will not count toward anything.
Yes. I made 3 trips on Monday 8/1 before 7 am and yesterday I started at 10pm working as horse made 14 trips between 10 pm and 4am.

Maga&dan

The cutoff has been 8pm for weeks. Nothing new.
I went to Westwood office and rep. said to me that this is a new rulings. He wasn't aware. He also confirm that there is no information about how incentive works are available on Uber website.

kes1981

The cutoff time is always listed in the email Uber sends out with the incentive. The rep has no clue what they are talking about. You just didn't read it and now want Uber to fix your mistake. Sorry, but all the other drivers did what they were supposed to and could have had an easier time getting Platinum if they were allowed more hours. If you get Platinum, then I want Platinum. I earned it just as much as you did.

Maga&dan

They should at least let rides completed during those hours roll over to the following week for purposes of determining metals status. Having them count for nothing is a big disincentive to work Sunday nights.
It was a LOT of work Sunday night. I started in West Hills and was all around the city including West Hollywood DTLA Glendale Burbank Formosa and Redondo Beaches Rancho Palos Verdes downey Long Beach and LB airport ended at LAX 230 ml total.

Queenofthepak

Yeah it's not really a problem - we just won't drive between those hours, they screw themselves over and we get an evening to rest.
No, they just count towards the upcoming week, not the ending week. I worked until 11 last week, and those rides after 8 showed on Monday.

Maga&dan

The cutoff time is always listed in the email Uber sends out with the incentive. The rep has no clue what they are talking about. You just didn't read it and now want Uber to fix your mistake. Sorry, but all the other drivers did what they were supposed to and could have had an easier time getting Platinum if they were allowed more hours. If you get Platinum, then I want Platinum. I earned it just as much as you did.
I checked all my previous e-mails. Yes you're right. This MF made a trick "message clipped" and I didn't click onto "view entire message" where at the bottom fine print with new hours. All prior e-mail wasn't clipped and had this fine print visible with hours from 4am till 4 am. MF! With a Gold I will lose in this week at least quarter of grand.

UberIsAllFubared

You must ALWAYS read ubers fine print. Sorry this happened to you, but it is your responsibility to know (read) the entire incentive promotion. The medal incentive started out going until 4am on Monday, but they changed it weeks ago to 9pm, and recently to 8pm cut off time. I am sure they wanted more time to analyze the data to figure out how they were going to decrease the incentive for the next week... and if you guys continue to work the core from 10am to 5pm at 1.4 and 1.5x, then they will keep lowering those too.

RacerX

So they are claiming that trips between Sunday at 8PM and Monday at 7AM will not count toward anything.
Yes, this is exactly what they are saying now. you have to always stay on top of all the incentive/promo emails from Uber and go over details carefully. They know most drivers don't read or can't read english and they tweak the verbiage on purpose to not have to payout guarantees. They have been doing this for years now.

Jay B

Here is what I just wrote to Uber support:

I made 88 trips within LA County in previous week (8/1/16 - 8/7/16). However, I got only GOLD status. I went to the Uber support center in Westwood at 8:30 am today where representative was very helpful and tried hard to find the reason why it is happened. After a while he found a fresh e-mail for Uber representatives with a new rulings where said that the trips for incentives calculated from Monday 7am till Sunday 8pm and I made only 71 trips within this hours.

I would like to ask you to change my status from GOLD to PLATINUM for this week, because I wasn't aware about such changes. I strongly believe that 17 trips made by me during newly excluded hours was a valuable service for the Uber customer within an hours, when a very few Uber partners covering high demand. Working at this hours isn't easy an should be even more appreciated then excluded from counting.

I hope that in a future I, as a PARTNER, will be informed about such changes prior they will be in effect.
Please respond to me ASAP, so I'll be able to resume my work.

Thank you.
That sucks. Yeah I had 73 trips and got 2 more a little after 8pm and another a few hours later. I too didn't know about the change or I could have easily had 75 before then. They changed it to 9pm on 7/18 and then the following weeks after it's been 8pm so the changes are pretty recent. Normally I have a lot more trips than 75 so it's never been an issue but this week I didn't work as much. Still when it's been the same cutoff time for months you just don't expect this to happen and besides it only makes sense for at least the entire Sunday to be the cutoff time, not some random time like 8pm, 9pm or whatever.