• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Going To...The Darkside

PioneerXi

We each have our own reasons why we drive. Mine is to care for an elderly parent and get them to their medicals as they approach End of Life.

After 18 months their health has now deteriorated to the point where they require 24/7...”supervision”. As they revert to being a toddler that will pick up the phone without checking the incoming number and gladly hand out their SSN to any scammer who promises anything, they can no longer be left alone.

Tomorrow morning, (Thursday) I will not rise at 0345, I will not leave the house by 0415 and will not be refueled by 0420.

Starting around 1800, I’m going...to the Darkside.

I imagine it will be like learning from Day 1 again. I doubt I’ll be going to LAX once a week on the new shift. I may even have to get air freshener for that evening “weedy” smell. There should be no more Harbor Dve backups to T2 at 0530, but the 5 will still be a piece of crap at 7pm as it is at 7am.

I’m going to miss the sunrise, the fog, and hot breakfasts. Instead I’ll get the sunset, foggy drunks and probably drive through burgers between pings.

I’m starting a new per bottle, have taken the charging cords out for the interim and replaced them with barf bags. And in the trunk, added a dustpan and broom.

Farewell dude with the same make/model as me but broken gas cap. Goodbye GOBURG7 waiting at the pen. Au revolt silver Toyota with the sticker “Nice Prius said no one.” I’ll not see you in the dark, your lack of signals will still irritate the crap out of me, but now Ill be blowing the horn at night when you may not have seen me.

I will now wake and babysit until relieved, then drive on into the night to cover my bills.

I am gonna die.

Reactions: 858

Transportador

Hey hey hey, WELCOME to the dark side. It is a lot of fun.

You will get to meet the burrito lady in the evenings at the SAN lot, LOL.

Reactions: 858

DirtyRead

We each have our own reasons why we drive. Mine is to care for an elderly parent and get them to their medicals as they approach End of Life.

After 18 months their health has now deteriorated to the point where they require 24/7...”supervision”. As they revert to being a toddler that will pick up the phone without checking the incoming number and gladly hand out their SSN to any scammer who promises anything, they can no longer be left alone.

Tomorrow morning, (Thursday) I will not rise at 0345, I will not leave the house by 0415 and will not be refueled by 0420.

I imagine it will be like learning from Day 1 again. I doubt I’ll be going to LAX once a week on the new shift. I may even have to get air freshener for that evening “weedy” smell. There should be no more Harbor Dve backups to T2 at 0530, but the 5 will still be a piece of crap at 7pm as it is at 7am.

I’m going to miss the sunrise, the fog, and hot breakfasts. Instead I’ll get the sunset, foggy drunks and probably drive through burgers between pings.

I’m starting a new per bottle, have taken the charging cords out for the interim and replaced them with barf bags. And in the trunk, added a dustpan and broom.

Farewell dude with the same make/model as me but broken gas cap. Goodbye GOBURG7 waiting at the pen. Au revolt silver Toyota with the sticker “Nice Prius said no one.” I’ll not see you in the dark, your lack of signals will still irritate the crap out of me, but now Ill be blowing the horn at night when you may not have seen me.

I will now wake and babysit until relieved, then drive on into the night to cover my bills.

I am gonna die.
Add a flashlight, baby wipes, latex gloves and make sure your defroster is in top condition. The bane of my existence is foggy windows. Welcome to the “Show” kid, raccoons are cute opossums are ugly and they both are mean as hell so don’t feed them. Don’t forget to fill up the tank at the end of your shift and wash your car. You’ll be surprised how dirty night shift is. Know go get em’ they’re in Rancho Bernardo go on

I am gonna die.
Uber cemeteries

Transportador

Had a puker last night. Called Uber support and got a live person on the phone right away. Sent in photos and got reimbursed $150 immediately, yeeha! Went to the store to buy cleaner and paper towel, then went to a self service car wash, total $10 to clean up. Then car wouldn't start. Fair roadside assistance showed up within 5 minutes to jump start.

Made $100 before the mess, plus $150 after, went home 1 hour early. Thank God!

Thought about going out to the bar but decided not to push my luck, LOL.

PioneerXi

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
The first night resembled my morning routeing:
  • East County to Airport
  • Deadmile to DT
  • Downtown hotel to airport.
  • Rematch, airport to Coronado.
  • Coronado to airport.

I only worked till 2000, didn't want to push it on the first night.

Transportador

The first night resembled my morning routeing:
  • East County to Airport
  • Deadmile to DT
  • Downtown hotel to airport.
  • Rematch, airport to Coronado.
  • Coronado to airport.

I only worked till 2000, didn't want to push it on the first night.
It's going to happen one of these nights to you:

CBX to 29 Palms at 8:30 PM.

The Sunday night after Thanksgiving...watch out.

Seth619navy

Had a puker last night. Called Uber support and got a live person on the phone right away. Sent in photos and got reimbursed $150 immediately, yeeha! Went to the store to buy cleaner and paper towel, then went to a self service car wash, total $10 to clean up. Then car wouldn't start. Fair roadside assistance showed up within 5 minutes to jump start.

Did they throw up on the seats? Also, what kind of cleaner did you pick up for puke cleanup?

Transportador

Did they throw up on the seats? Also, what kind of cleaner did you pick up for puke cleanup?
The guy threw up on himself and out the window. Got it on the seat, headrest, back window and rear deck. All over the outside of the door and rear quarter of the car. But not much liquid got on the seat fabric. I just cleaned it with 409 and damp rags. Easy. He also left his nice cowboy hat which I gave to this kid working at 7-ELEVEN hahaha.

The guy threw up on himself and out the window. Got it on the seat, headrest, back window and rear deck. All over the outside of the door and rear quarter of the car. But not much liquid got on the seat fabric. I just cleaned it with 409 and damp rags. Easy. He also left his nice cowboy hat which I gave to this kid working at 7-ELEVEN hahaha.
Was it a uber express pool for $3

Otaria

I am gonna die.

Buck-a-mile

Most of the damage payments are for lost hours. I got $200 for a woman urinating a gallon in my back seat. Insurance replaced the seat, but I still lost money. No income that night for sure.

The seat stank so bad I took it out of the car that night.
No one would ride in a pissmobile.

Buck-a-mile

I am gonna die.
I bailed on nights after being put in a headlock at 65mph on I-5.
Drunks suck!

Hahaha you’re killing me
I drove for Uber to cure my curiosity I feel such sorrow for full time drivers , Uber allows a crackhead to access your personal car for $3.60 it’s unbelievable, I drove one week to accomplish 90 rides I was a complete zombie on day 7 , I needed 3 days off just to be normal , if your a uber driver believe your better than that , get out of being comfortable with $3.60 stand in the middle of a busy intersection Uber express pool ride

Buck-a-mile

I drove for Uber to cure my curiosity I feel such sorrow for full time drivers , Uber allows a crackhead to access your personal car for $3.60 it’s unbelievable, I drove one week to accomplish 90 rides I was a complete zombie on day 7 , I needed 3 days off just to be normal , if your a uber driver believe your better than that , get out of being comfortable with $3.60 stand in the middle of a busy intersection Uber express pool ride
Wow, you were not very good were you?
Picked wrong pax, drove too long at the wrong times.

Not many drivers make 100 rides.

You were just another of the 99% of former Uber drivers that couldn't hack it.