Going to start texting pax about JFK

Skyhakw2472

If you take them across the Verrazano bridge they will give you $16 for that toll. Naturally from north Jersey the VZ may be out of the way, but for central and south Jersey it makes sense.

Skyhakw2472

They give $16, toll is only charged coming back towards Jersey, but they will charge the passenger and remit the $16 to the driver to cover the return toll. The trip has to go across the VZ to begin with.

jerseyboys

Yesterday I was stuck in a major traffic over GWB to go to JFK.

The pax told me that 2 drivers cancelled on them after arriving and being told that they are going to JFK.

So, I’m going to start texting. They don’t get charged for cancellation fee and time.

Skyhakw2472

upload_2016-7-15_11-3-56.png

From the NJ page. JFK does suck during heavy traffic times.

easteuropeboy

Yesterday I was stuck in a major traffic over GWB to go to JFK.

The pax told me that 2 drivers cancelled on them after arriving and being told that they are going to JFK.

So, I’m going to start texting. They don’t get charged for cancellation fee and time.
Pax tip you ?

pioneer06

To get to the Verrazano, you cross goethal which cost 14 so rt cost 30 and from bergen/passaic/morris/hudson noone uses that route

Undermensch

I thought someone in this forum said green ezpass will help for going outside NJ, and don't might to drive for $.85/mile, telling other drivers just drive.

Green EZ Pass helps a little. Not a lot. Only during off-peak times (read: the only times no one wants to go to NYC).

The rest of what you're talking about I can't help you with. Maybe a psychologist can.

Alex12

Any trip outside Manhattan without a nice surge is not worth it. Don t accept any of those trips. Now going to Manhattan from Jersey is ok with Uber because you will get 7.50$ minimum from the toll plus the fare. If you get two pax you will get 13.25$ from the toll plus the fare so is not that bad. somethimes can be just 20 min in & out depending on the drop off in the city. So 15-20$ in one hour and just 5-7 miles total is not bad at all but JFK is a no no without at least 1.50$/ mile. I did a lot of stupid trips in the past until I realize to do ONLY what is best for me not for Uber/Lyft. Now with Lyft is not good at all in Manhattan because the only give you 15$ for the toll and if are goin on the rush hour you will pay the toll 12.50$ so is not worth it at all. I cancel tons of NYC trips on both platforms. I have to do what is best for me. I get emails from both companies about my way of doing it but I CAN T do trips that are not profitable for me. Sorry.

TaylorHamNCheez

There should be an option, like a switch on the app, where you can opt out of airport trips... Or you can select to only do airport trips and longer trips.

Sometimes I can only do shirt trips, sometimes any trip is fine. Fix this uber/lyft!

DerBundes

Tell them straight up:
I'm not allowed to venture into airports, but off the books, can bring you for $150 cash.

DerBundes

After that, I started CALLING them as soon as they pinged. Things haven't changed at all... While waiting for an inbound trip today, I got about 700 pings of entitled idiots wanting me to drive them to the PATH, walking distance by the way. Or all the way from Jersey City for hospital rides! Finally, got a big shot from Hudson Street heading to Tudor City ($100 cash).