• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Going Forward With Ubers xchange Lease

UberBlooper

Today I went to Toyota to get a lease through Uber's xchange leasing program. Upon talking to the car salesman i am shock that the options are extremely limited to brand new cars valued under $20,000. So right there the only options are for the Toyota Corolla, Prius C, and Camry.

I couldn't even negotiate for a used Rav 4 or used Prius V, salesman only directed me to these three choices. So I'm thinking temporarily this would be okay since I'm kinda desperate to get going in this path of being your own boss kind of jobs. Even though i know passengers wouldn't be to happy in a cramped Prius C, I'm informed that they have these on back order and wont expect them until a month out (This dealer has been getting a lot of business through this program and a lot of people are going with the Prius C). :frown: Not accepting defeat I ask for the next best choice and that's the Camry. The next bad news is I have to pay $250 without be able to drive off the lot because the application needs to be approved by Uber's financing which could take up to 3 days.

Any body else go through with this program, keep posted in this thread i will be updating as it goes through.

However my plan is to stick with this program until i have enough money for a down payment to own a good used car.

Choochie

What happens if you get the car but not approved by guber? Just curious how that works.
Anyway I hope you have digested this forum first.

sidewazzz

You don't have to buy a new car and don't let the sales guy try to convince you otherwise, I believe they require you to get a 2012 or newer (the range may be bigger but can't remember). Yes you need $250 as a deposit, you will loose that deposit if you return the car before the lease is up. Other than that you also need to either get Metro Mile or Farmer insurance. My advice is before you go to the dealer, contact Uber and see how much you qualify for that way you can find the dealer with the car you want and for the price you know you are approved for. Once you find out the amount and the car, call the dealer to check it out. Go there early and test drive it. We went to a dealer 1.5 hours away and got a 2012 civic our payments at a little under 100 a week.

UberBlooper

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
You don't have to buy a new car and don't let the sales guy try to convince you otherwise, I believe they require you to get a 2012 or newer (the range may be bigger but can't remember). Yes you need $250 as a deposit, you will loose that deposit if you return the car before the lease is up. Other than that you also need to either get Metro Mile or Farmer insurance. My advice is before you go to the dealer, contact Uber and see how much you qualify for that way you can find the dealer with the car you want and for the price you know you are approved for. Once you find out the amount and the car, call the dealer to check it out. Go there early and test drive it. We went to a dealer 1.5 hours away and got a 2012 civic our payments at a little under 100 a week.
Oh wow, thats awesome you got to pick exactly what you wanted, I pretty much assume my salesperson was very limited on what they knew about this program so they directed me to what little they knew and that was new cars under 20k.

My current stage is to hear back to see if I'm approved or not. The salesperson is used to contacting uber through email for the application process and they usually hear back right away. In this instance they are worried why it could be taking so long as I went in at 9:30am (pacific time) and now its 2:27. The list of dealerships uber is partnered with in my area is pretty limited as well. So within a 50 mile radius they only recommended this specific dealer and a couple others a little further out.

UberBlooper

What happens if you get the car but not approved by guber? Just curious how that works.
Anyway I hope you have digested this forum first.
The dealer is waiting until they receive approval from uber's xchange program first before giving out keys.

sidewazzz

Oh wow, thats awesome you got to pick exactly what you wanted, I pretty much assume my salesperson was very limited on what they knew about this program so they directed me to what little they knew and that was new cars under 20k.

My current stage is to hear back to see if I'm approved or not. The salesperson is used to contacting uber through email for the application process and they usually hear back right away. In this instance they are worried why it could be taking so long as I went in at 9:30am (pacific time) and now its 2:27. The list of dealerships uber is partnered with in my area is pretty limited as well. So within a 50 mile radius they only recommended this specific dealer and a couple others a little further out.
My understanding is that they take your earnings into consideration.

driveflydrive

I just joined Uber with the hope of leasing a car through the Xchange program also. I am in Los Angeles and apparently the program has just been rolled out here. So far, I've been running round in circles and jumping through hopps and have managed to get absoluteley nowhere. After 2 days of emails and hours of online help chats I was given a list of of dealerships where I could go and pick up a car to lease. I have called all 7 dealerships in the Los Angeles area and not one of them leases cars through the new Xchange program. After more online "help chats" I was given the info for 3 dealerships in the Bay Area (Walnut Creek Toyota, Fremont Chevrolet & Stevens Creek Toyota). Not much good to me as I live in Los Angeles and I am interested in a Ford Fusion Hybrid. I decided to call anyway. Spoke to someone at Walnut Creek Toyota.......they have no cars available to lease under this program and there is a waiting list of 14 drivers ahead of me to get a car (When someone decides to terminate their lease and bring one back). And then you have to take that particular
car (no matter what car it is you are interested in leasing).

This program seems like an absolute joke if you ask me and is nothing like the way they are adverising it on their website!!!!!

Frustrated to hell!!

UberLA.jpg

rtaatl

So let me get this straight...you're forced to pay on a car that's already been beaten to death and abused by another driver as well as no choice in the matter for vehicle options/accessories. People are actually lining up for this?!?!?!?! Just when you thought the Santander deals were bad enough, Uber has a way of 1upping themselves....damn!

driveflydrive

That's the way it is when there's a shortage of cars yes. I just called the Stevens Creek Toyota and they do have cars available. I want a hybrid but all they have is the Toyota Prius C (new) . The lease price is $147/week

UberBlooper

Wow all the way from LA thats crazy, i work down the street from Stevens creek Toyota.

So here my update, after sending off the information , upon enter my uber information it says something along the lines that driver not eligible.

So I waited a couple day for the assistance internet sales person to see whats going on, after contacting the main person in charge she kindly gives my "security deposit" of $250 back. They said Uber has yet to respond to their email.

They were trying to contact them to see why I was not eligible in their system while i keep showing them the emails and my logged in account of being approved for this program.

After hearing the news , i contact "BaMA" (the other leasing Program) they can't find my driver application so they refer me to the sign up page. I call back and talk with another rep and they say sing the same tune of not be able to find my uber driver application. I put 2 and 2 together and figure out I might need to make another account. I have had this driver profile for years, and never used it.

Stay tune, hope everybody else experience is smooth.

UberBlooper

That's the way it is when there's a shortage of cars yes. I just called the Stevens Creek Toyota and they do have cars available. I want a hybrid but all they have is the Toyota Prius C (new) . The lease price is $147/week
I believe they have a back order on the prius, they told me until the middle of next month. I was going to go with the base camry, but now im glad the deal fell through because hybrid is really the best way to make money.

UberBlooper

:problem solved ... maybe?

okay i've had this driver profile for years, so uber email support look into the issue of not being eligible, and its because my background report has expired!!

Now I'm waiting for the this report to go through and will be back on the hunt to finance with xchange. However, now that I'm smarter and know more information about this program, I've learned that this program has a wide range of eligible cars to choose from including older models. So I'm second guessing vehicle choices, i fell a little cheated that the dealer was only directing me to a few choices tho.

sidewazzz

So let me get this straight...you're forced to pay on a car that's already been beaten to death and abused by another driver as well as no choice in the matter for vehicle options/accessories. People are actually lining up for this?!?!?!?! Just when you thought the Santander deals were bad enough, Uber has a way of 1upping themselves....damn!
You're not forced to do anything. I love the way people like you try to spin shit the way you WANT TO THINK IT IS BUT YOU HAVE NO @@@@ING CLUE.

Our 2012 honda civic had just under 30k think is practically brand new. Our payments are under 100 a week. We had a choice from 4 different cars on the lot. Considering we can drive the shit out of this car with no milage caps it's was kinda a no brainer.

sidewazzz

I just joined Uber with the hope of leasing a car through the Xchange program also. I am in Los Angeles and apparently the program has just been rolled out here. So far, I've been running round in circles and jumping through hopps and have managed to get absoluteley nowhere. After 2 days of emails and hours of online help chats I was given a list of of dealerships where I could go and pick up a car to lease. I have called all 7 dealerships in the Los Angeles area and not one of them leases cars through the new Xchange program. After more online "help chats" I was given the info for 3 dealerships in the Bay Area (Walnut Creek Toyota, Fremont Chevrolet & Stevens Creek Toyota). Not much good to me as I live in Los Angeles and I am interested in a Ford Fusion Hybrid. I decided to call anyway. Spoke to someone at Walnut Creek Toyota.......they have no cars available to lease under this program and there is a waiting list of 14 drivers ahead of me to get a car (When someone decides to terminate their lease and bring one back). And then you have to take that particular
car (no matter what car it is you are interested in leasing).

This program seems like an absolute joke if you ask me and is nothing like the way they are adverising it on their website!!!!!

Frustrated to hell!!

View attachment 11974

We purchased our car from a Honda dealer in Whittier.

UberBlooper

You're not forced to do anything. I love the way people like you try to spin shit the way you WANT TO THINK IT IS BUT YOU HAVE NO @@@@ING CLUE.

Our 2012 honda civic had just under 30k think is practically brand new. Our payments are under 100 a week. We had a choice from 4 different cars on the lot. Considering we can drive the shit out of this car with no milage caps it's was kinda a no brainer.
were you able to choose any other makes and models besides honda? Like for instance when people trade in their cars from different dealers.

RockinEZ

What happens if your star rating drops below 4.6 and you get the shaft?

Uber is bad enough without having a lease or car payment hanging over your head.
They can remove your privilege to drive without notice.

Look at the posts from some of the drivers that bought cheap used cars for less than $1000 cash and spent just enough to make them pass the Uber mechanics inspection.

These guys did it right. Uber lease, or buying through a predatory lender to driver for Uber will force you to drive just to keep your car.

Be careful.