• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Goin commercial

Benjamin M

I may be relocating to a more metropolitan area on the outskirts of Richmond, Virginia (burbs, 20 minutes from downtown). I have a career in mind but, at 36 - let's face it, I'm getting old.

Tossing around the idea of going commercial to avoid the rideshare nonsense. Curious to hear from others that have made the plunge or considered / researched it.

heynow321

i would imagine it's very difficult and expensive to break into. commercial insurance alone is a couple hundred a month.

JimKE

You'd probably get more relevant and accurate replies on the Richmond forum. Both insurance cost and local regulations of commercial driving vary so much it's hard for people outside your market to give you good advice.

Benjamin M

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
You'd probably get more relevant and accurate replies on the Richmond forum. Both insurance cost and local regulations of commercial driving vary so much it's hard for people outside your market to give you good advice.
This was more of a general question and the Richmond topic is pretty dead. I'd appreciate it if this was moved back to Advice. My move is in no way a done deal.