Gogo grandparent

red8719

I got 2 requests for the gogo grandparent today and I just let them time out because I did not want to deal with any old people, anybody else do this ?

Ride-Share-Risk-Manager

I have no problem with senior citizens as passengers. They are polite, respectful and punctual. Some will even tip you. But my experience with GoGo has been horrendous here in NJ. They are sending elderly people with significant mobility problems to get into your car. Many of these people also have dementia or Alzheimer's and travel without a nurse or aide to help them. Not a risk I am willing to take for the tiny fee paid. These passengers need skilled medical care and customized transportation.

LEAFdriver

Most of them tip you and are polite , Millennials are the ones you should worry about, they were never taught to tip.

Starting with Uber.

Their original advertising propaganda....which I THINK they took down.....showed the grandson sitting with the Grandmother as she gleefully exclaimed: "It's cheaper for one thing...and NO TIPPING!" :eek:

https://uberpeople.net/threads/gogo-grandparents.144413/

So beware of the millennials who are 'helping out' their grandparents! :mad:

Ride-Share-Risk-Manager

We have a similar discussion on the NJ Board about Logisticare who offer a similar service to GoGo. There is even a guy from logisticare participating in it. The issue that I have is that I run a for profit business when I bring my car out on the road to offer rides. I am not running a charity or a social service. I expect to be paid well for assuming additional time delays and possible additional liability and risk. Lyft do not even give drivers the courtesy of a consultation or right of refusal about assuming the risk of transporting elderly, immobile, gravely ill senior citizens with dementia. Lyft is the gaslighting boyfriend....

Does the name "Go Go Grandparent " pop up on the screen when the request comes in?

Yes it does. You also get a text sent to you saying that your passenger has some mobility issues and will need additional assistance. This in many cases is a serious understatement. Many of the passengers need an ambulance, a wheelchair and a hospital porter to lift them in and out of your car.

Last edited:

KK2929

We have a similar discussion on the NJ Board about Logisticare who offer a similar service to GoGo. There is even a guy from logisticare participating in it. The issue that I have is that I run a for profit business when I bring my car out on the road to offer rides. I am not running a charity or a social service. I expect to be paid well for assuming additional time delays and possible additional liability and risk. Lyft do not even give drivers the courtesy of a consultation or right of refusal about assuming the risk of transporting elderly, immobile, gravely ill senior citizens with dementia. Lyft is the gaslighting boyfriend....

Yes it does. You also get a text sent to you saying that your passenger has some mobility issues and will need additional assistance. This in many cases is a serious understatement. Many of the passengers need an ambulance.

Wow - this is a sore subject with me. Driving Lyft in Santa Monica at 9:00pm, I get a ping to pick up at the Apple store ( ???? is that a computer store or a fruit stand. Home page stated GoGoGrandparent -Apple store and an address. Then a text that my paxs may need assistance and go to the store and help them to the car. ??? The address was the 3rd street promenade ( meaning no driving to the store ) ( This is a very famous shopping and entertainment area in S.M. - it is basically an outdoor shopping center - two city blocks , enclosed, no cars allowed.)
??? Is this a joke ??? I called the number and got a recording for the pax. I explain that ride share drivers do not park their car and walk to a store and help the paxs with packages and getting into the car. Traffic was horrendous, I spent 30 minutes driving around the area hoping the paxs would be on the sidewalk, waiting.
Never found the paxs. Wasted time.

Last edited:

RogerJS

I got 2 requests for the gogo grandparent today and I just let them time out because I did not want to deal with any old people, anybody else do this ?
I’ve picked up a few .. no problem...
By the way , older people tip much more often and more then the Under 40

Dammit Mazzacane

Old people generally rock as passengers.... your call on this. Just be sure to explain they don't need to give you cash because that's double-dipping and probably you'll get caught.

Shakey Jake

I did one out of LAX. She was downstairs and I had to tell her that she needed to come upstairs. She was going far, so I gave her some latitude. She was ok, but at the end of the trip I helped her with her luggage up a flight of stairs and she stiffed me on a tip.

DrivingForYou

If that's how you feel, you're out of touch. GOGO Grandparent users give big cash tips, are respectful, and polite.

You sound like a self-entitled millennial to be honest.

Old people generally rock as passengers.... your call on this. Just be sure to explain they don't need to give you cash because that's double-dipping and probably you'll get caught.

They give you your TIP in cash. Make sure they understand that the fare is charged to their card but not the tip.

Lyft do not even give drivers the courtesy of a consultation or right of refusal about assuming the risk of transporting elderly, immobile, gravely ill senior citizens with dementia. Lyft is the gaslighting boyfriend....

There is always a text from GOGO giving the option to cancel if we can't accommodate or help them.

And also, the ADA is a federal requirement that we give assistance to handicapped. The same federal law does not allow a "handicapped surcharge". If you don't like it, complain to your congressman, LOL.

red8719

If that's how you feel, you're out of touch. GOGO Grandparent users give big cash tips, are respectful, and polite.

You sound like a self-entitled millennial to be honest.

I'm 30 , I just didn't feel like helping any extra than normal that day which I should've specified, any other time I would be happy to help grandma or grandpa out :smiles: