GoCatch sending rideshare jobs to taxis

fields

We have come full circle. Taxis are now doing rideshare jobs when booked through GoCatch. No wonder all the pings I accepted today were cancelled, probably people wanting a taxi at rideshare prices.

Someone posted about this earlier but claimed the rideshare jobs would be charged as taxi rates. This is not true!

Accepting an Economy job request may result in a lower fare than a standard metered taxi fare. If you do not wish to participate, do not accept Economy job requests.

I'm not saying this is a good or bad development, but it does appear completely absurd we have to pay compensation to taxis through a levy when they are taking jobs meant for us!

Jack Malarkey

We have come full circle. Taxis are now doing rideshare jobs when booked through GoCatch. No wonder all the pings I accepted today were cancelled, probably people wanting a taxi at rideshare prices.

Someone posted about this earlier but claimed the rideshare jobs would be charged as taxi rates. This is not true!

Accepting an Economy job request may result in a lower fare than a standard metered taxi fare. If you do not wish to participate, do not accept Economy job requests.

I'm not saying this is a good or bad development, but it does appear completely absurd we have to pay compensation to taxis through a levy when they are taking jobs meant for us!
fields, I emailed GoCatch to ask about the rate payable to the taxi driver and received the following response:

'It will be considered a taxi job, thus the driver will run the meter as per usual and follow the app instructions depending on payment type'.

Where have you obtained the wording in bold italics in your post?

Akong

I hope Uber follows Go Catch and start directing rideshare jobs to taxis.

fields, I emailed GoCatch to ask about the rate payable to the taxi driver and received the following response:

'It will be considered a taxi job, thus the driver will run the meter as per usual and follow the app instructions depending on payment type'.

Jack can you find out if Uber is going to direct rideshare jobs to taxis?

prk

Jeez you gotta short memory Mate, "jobs meant for us?????"
who's jobs were they before you gypsy cabs came along???
even hire car pax have to pay a levy even though most of them don't want anything to do with taxis or Uber.

Ben Hall

We have come full circle. Taxis are now doing rideshare jobs when booked through GoCatch.

Here is a link to a review for the go catch app from 2012
https://www.pcworld.idg.com.au/review/taxi_apps/gocatch_for_ios/444748/

and here is a description from that review

GoCatch is a community-driven, third party taxi booking service that relies on the participation of drivers and passengers. While it contributes to generating business for the former and finding services for the latter, it remains restricted and will require growth in the community in order to be consistent and efficient.

I think rideshare took the bookings meant for the taxis first.

fields

Its from an email send out by GoCatch

lespaul

Cabbies accepting economy rideshare is going to hurt cab owners. Thats why they want decals, to flush out their drivers that moonlight in the owners car imo

fields

Thanks. There appears to be confusion within GoCatch about this.

It is now starting to make sense as to why they raised the rideshare fare for all Australia to the same level as Sydney. It wasn't to increase earnings for rideshare drivers, but rather to make accepting these rideshare jobs more palatable to taxi drivers.

I think GoCatch may be on to a winner once word gets out you can get taxis with GoCatch much cheaper than using 13cabs.

fields

that is a "sneaky"way :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:,uber will start doing it too,nothing better for taxi drivers as they already paid rent for car to repay uber drivers for taking their business away

Can't see Uber following suit. Its not like there is a shortage of UberX drivers, whereas there is a shortage of GoCatch economy drivers.

If however this takes off, I can see 13cabs being forced to drop their taxi rates and we will have a taxi hail rate and a taxi booking rate which is far lower, at which time Uber will be forced to drop its uberX rates.

ST DYMPHNA son

Can't see Uber following suit. Its not like there is a shortage of UberX drivers, whereas there is a shortage of GoCatch economy drivers.

If however this takes off, I can see 13cabs being forced to drop their taxi rates and we will have a taxi hail rate and a taxi booking rate which is far lower, at which time Uber will be forced to drop its uberX rates.
Tuk-tuks are coming :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

uber_driver

at which time drivers will be forced to drop Uber

MyRedUber

This is the reply I received from GoCatch:
GoCatch has introduced a new feature for our taxi drivers where they now have a chance to accept Economy based trip requests from our passengers. This is to ensure you have a driver accept and complete your trip if there are no Economy drivers around in the area.

The fare will calculate the same as an Economy trip and be automatically charged to your nominated payment method so there’s no need to pay outside directly to your taxi driver, simply step out of the vehicle once the trip is complete.

Heisenberg 99.1%

I hope Uber follows Go Catch and start directing rideshare jobs to taxis.
Ummmmm......Akong ... why? Why would you say this?
I ask you once more.....Are you actually a driver??

Also, Uber's mission is reliability, so would they let their business be handled by taxis?

"Uber.......we turn up!!!!"

There, a free advertising slogan for you.
You're welcome Uber.

Say my name.......you're G'damn right