Uber Drivers Forum banner

GoCatch now sending rideshare jobs to taxis if no economy rideshare cars in area

Tags
gocatch
1K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  Jack Malarkey 
#1 ·
GoCatch sent the following email to drivers on Friday 15 September 2017:

IMPORTANT: Update the GoCatch Driver app before Monday ⚠

Hi Jack,

We've been hard at work improving the GoCatch Driver app, and have made improvements that include:
  • A redesigned job offer screen with a brand new look, including more details about the job and estimated earnings
  • Reconfigured vehicle dispatch to send Economy jobs to Taxis if there are no Economy vehicles nearby
To ensure that the GoCatch Driver app works as smoothly and efficiently as possible, make sure you are using the latest version of the app (Version 6.3.0). To check which version you are on, tap Menu > Help > About and look for Version 6.3.0.

If your see Version 6.2.0 or lower, update your GoCatch Driver app over the weekend. Just head to the App Store or Google Play on your phone and tap 'Update' next to the GoCatch Driver app.

You can still use older versions of the app until Sunday evening, however from Monday onward, you will need to be on the latest version to receive new job requests.

Update the GoCatch Driver app
Questions?
Our switched on Support Team is always here to help. Get in touch with us directly by emailing support@gocatch.com or tap 'Help' in the GoCatch app.

Thanks,

The GoCatch Team

See less See more
#5 ·
I think they must be desperate for drivers.
In a Qld thread I've posted how they initially refused my vehicle even though it was above their minimum requirements, citing at the end of their sign on process how they thought my car might be too small in the back seats.

6 months later they emailed thousands of previously rejected drivers stating their cars were now 'approved'

I never responded to their repeated requests & in the end they just signed me up anyway, I can log on to their app and take fares if I want, alarmingly I don't have the correct Qld DA, as a new one had to be applied for and issued in August. I didn't bother as I don't do rideshare anymore. So I can accept fares without having a valid DA :confused:, Uber have restricted my access until I update my DA but GoCatch don't care...
Our switched on Support Team is always here to help.
I have to laugh when they send out messages with this sort of rubbish, I don't believe they are switched on :cool:

#6 · (Edited)
...........I can log on to their app and take fares if I want, alarmingly I don't have the correct Qld DA, as a new one had to be applied for and issued in August. I didn't bother as I don't do rideshare anymore. So I can accept fares without having a valid DA :confused:,
Cool.... that is just like Über in Adelaide up 'til now.

No DA currently required. :) It really is something to behold. Something special. A little bit like living through prohibition in the States at the time, I expect. Or, maybe running as Bonnie and Clyde. :D OK, we don't have the guns. That is probably a good thing. I find today that most pax are pretty well behaved, but back in the beginning there were some bogans who were just beggin' for a blastin'. :p

I'd hate to think what my driver rating may have been if Über issued me with a sub machine gun. In the perfect world, and if they had done it properly at signup, they would've had an extensive selection for me to choose from. A weapons smorgasbord. They would have invited me into a shooting range, and a gun and ammo supermarket to make a selection of my 'pax persuader' of choice. That is the way it should have been done.

There was an old TV show, I can't remember what it was, but some dude used to drive around in a convertible and he had these two large holster arrangements on each door, with each containing a .22 or .303 or something of a more masculine calibre. These were on the outside of the front doors, and everybody could see how cool he was, while he was just cruisin' for the Susan. :)

As a kid, I remember watching this TV show, thinking "Hey, that would be pretty cool. I'm going to drive around town in a convertible, with holsters on the doors with big guns at the ready; that should really attract the babes." Obviously, I don't think like that any more. Well.....not all the time.
So, if we were inducted into Über correctly, and given the weapon; or rather pax persuader of choice, I think I would have chosen an Uzi.

Clothing Hair Face Joint Sleeve

Uzi Babe - ready for a full frontal assualt

Just imagine some numbnuts getting into the car; each with an open beer and then demanding this and that and refusing to put their seatbelts on, all the while sneering and carrying on about a 1.2 surge. OK punks, time you met my mate Uzi.....and just let it rip :D
OK there is going to be a mess. No question about that. A huge mess. But then, on sending pics to the Überons we should get a great cleanup reward. This is something I must check out going forward - maybe I'll ask next time I'm at the greenlight disco thingo.

Do we get 3 or 4 cleanup rewards if we Uzi ise 3 or 4 pax, or do we just get the one cleanup reward? It is an interesting question isn't it? I suppose if the muppet doesn't give the desired answer, we could always nip back out to the car, grab the Uzi, and come back and rephrase the question. :D

All of this, is how things have been up until now. It has been 'wild west'. All cities have experienced the exhilaration of 'runnin' with the bad boys' for a time, but the net is starting to close and before we know it everything will be the same again only different. Having had the opportunity to 'create a little (more) mayhem' has been fun and it should be a hoot to chat to the grandkids about it one day. I'm sure there will be no shortage of a willing audience and I kinda picture this as Grandpa Galt heads down to the beach to chat with the all the grandkids.

Sky People on beach Cloud Gesture People in nature

The expected grandkid babes on the beach waiting for a story from a future Grandpa Galt. :D

edit reason: spelling and formatting.

#8 ·
GoCatch sent the following email to drivers on Friday 15 September 2017:

IMPORTANT: Update the GoCatch Driver app before Monday ⚠

Hi Jack,

We've been hard at work improving the GoCatch Driver app, and have made improvements that include:
  • A redesigned job offer screen with a brand new look, including more details about the job and estimated earnings
  • Reconfigured vehicle dispatch to send Economy jobs to Taxis if there are no Economy vehicles nearby
To ensure that the GoCatch Driver app works as smoothly and efficiently as possible, make sure you are using the latest version of the app (Version 6.3.0). To check which version you are on, tap Menu > Help > About and look for Version 6.3.0.

If your see Version 6.2.0 or lower, update your GoCatch Driver app over the weekend. Just head to the App Store or Google Play on your phone and tap 'Update' next to the GoCatch Driver app.

You can still use older versions of the app until Sunday evening, however from Monday onward, you will need to be on the latest version to receive new job requests.

Update the GoCatch Driver app
Questions?
Our switched on Support Team is always here to help. Get in touch with us directly by emailing support@gocatch.com or tap 'Help' in the GoCatch app.

Thanks,

The GoCatch Team

When is Uber going to follow?

#9 ·
fields in a Sydney thread (https://uberpeople.net/threads/gocatch-sending-rideshare-jobs-to-taxis.203618/) has quoted an email from GoCatch as follows:

Accepting an Economy job request may result in a lower fare than a standard metered taxi fare. If you do not wish to participate, do not accept Economy job requests.

The wording suggests it was an email to taxi drivers on the GoCatch platform. It seems to contradict the email advice I received from GoCatch in response to my enquiry and which I quoted in a post above.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.