GoCatch jobs are pinged to multiple drivers - first to accept gets the job - fast fingers wins

Namloot

Yesterday I sent a question sent to GoCatch support:

Q - Hi I just got a ping for a job and it lasted all of about five seconds. Is this normal?

Answer was quite interesting if it is actually true :

(GoCatch)

Sep 14,

Hi Namloot,

Thank you for contacting GoCatch Support. We apologise for the inconvenience this has caused you. Please be advised that these jobs are being dispatched by our system to all the nearest drivers to the passenger and has only 12-13 seconds for viewing.

The reason why the job cannot be accepted or uploaded by the app in your screen anymore is because it was probably accepted right away by another driver. So you should be alert and fast when a job is being offered to you.

Here is the screenshot of your account's assigned job history as reference:

Please also make sure to always keep the app open when on shift and not just running in the background of another app. There is a lesser chance of successfully accepting and receiving a job if the app is not literally open and running in your screen and your status should always be on "available" when on shift.

We hope this helps. If you need further assistance please let us know.

Regards,

GoCatch Support

Jack Malarkey

Yesterday I sent a question sent to GoCatch support:

Q - Hi I just got a ping for a job and it lasted all of about five seconds. Is this normal?

Answer was quite interesting if it is actually true :

(GoCatch)

Sep 14,

Hi Namloot,

Thank you for contacting GoCatch Support. We apologise for the inconvenience this has caused you. Please be advised that these jobs are being dispatched by our system to all the nearest drivers to the passenger and has only 12-13 seconds for viewing.

The reason why the job cannot be accepted or uploaded by the app in your screen anymore is because it was probably accepted right away by another driver. So you should be alert and fast when a job is being offered to you.

Here is the screenshot of your account's assigned job history as reference:

Please also make sure to always keep the app open when on shift and not just running in the background of another app. There is a lesser chance of successfully accepting and receiving a job if the app is not literally open and running in your screen and your status should always be on "available" when on shift.

We hope this helps. If you need further assistance please let us know.

Regards,

GoCatch Support
Thanks, Namloot. That's very helpful.

Does GoCatch advise you of the passenger's destination at the time you receive the ride request?

Jack Malarkey

This suggests that it would be better at times to have GoCatch in the foreground and Uber in the background given that Uber pings go to only one driver at a time and last for 15 seconds. Moreover, Uber pings can be accessed from the background.

However, I wouldn't want to do this for safety reasons when driving.

Perhaps the answer is to have a second phone.

Uxfun

This suggests that it would be better at times to have GoCatch in the foreground and Uber in the background given that Uber pings go to only one driver at a time and last for 15 seconds. Moreover, Uber pings can be accessed from the background.

However, I wouldn't want to do this for safety reasons when driving.

Perhaps the answer is to have a second phone.

Sounds like two phones may be the way to go, atleast until Gocatch make their app spring into life in case of a ping and take over the screen just like the Uber app does.