• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

GoCatch: Child, parcel and pet services

Jack Malarkey

Email received from GoCatch on Wednesday 12 September 2018 at 10.30 am:

Child, Parcel & Pet Transport Services - Register Your Interest

Hi Jack,

Commencing in the new year, we will be expanding our transport services to include authorised and safe transportation of children for drivers with a valid authority. We'll also start to offer pet and parcel transport services. Examples of these types of jobs include:
  • Taking children to/from sporting and after-school activities
  • Dropping pets off to boarding kennels or vets
  • Delivering parcels and packages for corporate clients
If you are a reliable driver and interested in accepting these types of jobs, or have a valid authority for child transport services (WWVP in ACT or WWCC in NSW), register your interest early by providing your details in the linked form below.

[end of email]

Jack Malarkey comments:

All ACT rideshare drivers already have Working With Vulnerable People registration as part of local regulatory requirements.

Beepbeep41

Email received from GoCatch on Wednesday 12 September 2018 at 10.30 am:

Child, Parcel & Pet Transport Services - Register Your Interest

Hi Jack,

Commencing in the new year, we will be expanding our transport services to include authorised and safe transportation of children for drivers with a valid authority. We'll also start to offer pet and parcel transport services. Examples of these types of jobs include:
  • Taking children to/from sporting and after-school activities
  • Dropping pets off to boarding kennels or vets
  • Delivering parcels and packages for corporate clients
If you are a reliable driver and interested in accepting these types of jobs, or have a valid authority for child transport services (WWVP in ACT or WWCC in NSW), register your interest early by providing your details in the linked form below.

[end of email]

Jack Malarkey comments:

All ACT rideshare drivers already have Working With Vulnerable People registration as part of local regulatory requirements.
Let’s hope Greg Webb & Neil Ford make some money with this move...

JimCheesa1

Hi All, I have been driving Uber in Canberra intermittently since May 2017(due to the premium make of my vehicle), I just wanted to say high and ask a query re: go catch. I have just recently signed up with them as well to be a driver, as the offer something Uber in Canberra has not been able to yet, they have the equivalent of UberBlack. What are differences between driving for the two companies? Cheers

Jack Malarkey

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Hi All, I have been driving Uber in Canberra intermittently since May 2017(due to the premium make of my vehicle), I just wanted to say high and ask a query re: go catch. I have just recently signed up with them as well to be a driver, as the offer something Uber in Canberra has not been able to yet, they have the equivalent of UberBlack. What are differences between driving for the two companies? Cheers
JimCheesa1, welcome to the forum. I hope you can join us at one of our weekly rideshare lunches (or quarterly dinners or breakfasts).

Those of us who have affiliated with GoCatch have in practice had very little work from them. That includes for a driver who paid them a fee for priority access to private bookings.

I understand that GoCatch works well for taxi drivers but not in practice for rideshare drivers. You can now get ride requests from them only if you have their app in the foreground. Most drivers aren’t prepared to do that because they can get far more ride requests from Uber.

If you don’t already have hire car registration (with the special H number plate), I’d seriously consider paying the small additional fee (about $100 a year) to obtain it.

In the ACT, you can combine rideshare and hire car accreditation for the one car. (The ACT more generally maintains the traditional distinction between taxis, rideshare vehicles and hire cars.)

Hire car accreditation would allow you legally to take your own private bookings for chauffeur services. You can then build up your own clientele with a view to using rideshare only to fill in gaps.

The Sydney hire car businesses sometimes pass on Canberra-based hire car work to Canberra hire car drivers.

There is a reasonable amount of hire car work between Canberra and Sydney.

I suspect that’s the best way for you to receive better remuneration for the use of your premium car.