GoCatch Aussie alternative

Would you drive for GoCatch?

• Total voters
1. I already drive with another ridesharing company, can I drive with GoCatch too?

Absolutely! Plenty of our drivers drive for several platforms, and it’s a great way to earn extra money for the same effort. Driving with GoCatch is a great way to supplement your income and maximise your time out on the road.

2. How do I get paid?

Driving with GoCatch means that you take home 85% of all passenger fares, which are paid into your nominated bank account the very next business day.

3. Is there an office I can visit to sign up and complete my on-boarding process?

We know that your time is precious, which is why we’ve moved the entire on-boarding process completely online without the need to visit an office.

4. What are the driver and vehicle standards I have to meet?

You must be at least 21 years old, own an iOS or Android smartphone, pass our background checks, and have an eligible vehicle that is covered by adequate insurance such as Third Party Property or Comprehensive.

For full details on the requirements applicable in your state, visit the ‘Drive with GoCatch’ menu tab at the top of this page and scroll down to ‘Rideshare Driver Eligibility’.

5. What if my car does not meet your requirements, can I still drive with GoCatch?

If your personal vehicle does not meet our requirements, you will not be able to register it to your account.

However there are many affordable vehicle leasing companies such as Splend, where you can borrow a vehicle for a weekly fee of approximately $250 for full-time

Key points Positives

A/ 85% goes to the driver
B/ Australian owned so don't need to pay for their gst
C/ payments made bank day

Negative

A/ very few people know they exist

uberpatron

I am happy to go solo on gocatch..but i request you to drive first without uber and then get back to us..we will see how much you make...

I am happy to go solo on gocatch..but i request you to drive first without uber and then get back to us..we will see how much you make...
The point is it seems to be a better deal than Uber for the driver and about the same for the rider.
All Uber drivers should sign up and operate the 2 platforms and eventually GoCatch will become a household name.
So no need for you to go solo.
There is no charge to activate GoCatch and loyalty to Uber isn't deserved.

NZShaker

Go Catch just doesnt have the numbers....

I havent had a rider for almost 1 mth from Go Catch..With Uber having rides being able to be booked while still on a trip some times you dont have the option to even turn on Go Catch.

Go Catch just doesnt have the numbers....

I havent had a rider for almost 1 mth from Go Catch..With Uber having rides being able to be booked while still on a trip some times you dont have the option to even turn on Go Catch.
GoCatch needs to organise drivers and do some serious marketing.
If all Uber drivers were online with GoCatch a marketing strategy would work.
I guess no one knows GoCatch.
GoCatch needs to recruit Uber drivers then market as a responsible Australian company which pays its taxes and gives a better deal to Australian Drivers.

Grand

GoCatch has been operating in Sydney for a year. They have been doing serious marketing.
Just now I counted only 6 available cars in the Greater CBD area.

Last month GoCatch asked for more capital raising funds to keep going.......

Early last year Uber deactivated a driver for cross promoting.

Rideshare depends on the number of drivers available. GoCatch allow drivers to operate more than one system.
If drivers secretly activate because they want GoCatch to succeed then what can Uber do , deactivate all partnerships?
Financial problems with Uber as well.

uberpatron

I am happy with Uber and have no complains apart from some rude people..even Gocatch market itself no one is gonna join it as it all about numbers and money...

I am happy with Uber and have no complains apart from some rude people..even Gocatch market itself no one is gonna join it as it all about numbers and money...
You're happy with Uber? .....Not according to your comment below.
Same in the nite..going to airport every nite arnd 10:30 and used to get job in 1 hr
..but so many drivers already waiting...time increased to 2 hrs and some days left with nothing....some drivers don't even bother to move at all..by the way, i was there today morning and saw the no of drivers (40+)....was lucky to get a ping within an hr..

Help yourself , your country and other Uber drivers by promoting GoCatch.
It costs you nothing to be online.

uberpatron

My dear frnd...that post was about so many drivers waiting..not complaining about Uber..i will help the country once i have a income to earn,pay tax/gst and that money country use in proper way..if Gocatch provide me with that kind of income..happy to go..and that's why i am telling you try Gocatch and give all the drivers feedback..until then Ubering happily☺

My dear frnd...that post was about so many drivers waiting..not complaining about Uber..i will help the country once i have a income to earn,pay tax/gst and that money country use in proper way..if Gocatch provide me with that kind of income..happy to go..and that's why i am telling you try Gocatch and give all the drivers feedback..until then Ubering happily☺
Ok just an observation not a complaint about waiting a long time at airport for small reward?
Yes I understand GoCatch needs a lot more drivers to give the riders an equivalent experience to Uber . It starts wth all Uber drivers signing in and running 2
Apps. The rideshare business model is really dependent on the drivers as they are the only face to face contact with the riders.Uber understands this and unlike Go Catch , Uber still threatens its drivers with partner cancellation
for cross promotion.

uberpatron

Ok just an observation not a complaint about waiting a long time at airport for small reward?
Yes I understand GoCatch needs a lot more drivers to give the riders an equivalent experience to Uber . It starts wth all Uber drivers signing in and running 2
Apps. The rideshare business model is really dependent on the drivers as they are the only face to face contact with the riders.Uber understands this and unlike Go Catch , Uber still threatens its drivers with partner cancellation
for cross promotion.
That's why i am requesting you to join Gocatch and leave Uber for bigger rewards..

uberpatron

What shall i do to make a front..i need to earn to pay bills and all these front don't pay that..so better to stick to make a living instead of wasting my time.by the way all the best for ur front..over and out.

Thing

Go Catch needed an aggressive marketing program with lots of freebies & like uber they need to saturate the market with their name...

I think their only chance is if uber goes down the gurgler (before they do) :cool:

PhantomDriver

Go Catch needed an aggressive marketing program with lots of freebies & like uber they need to saturate the market with their name...

I think their only chance is if uber goes down the gurgler (before they do) :cool:
There are still suburbs that uber is not servicing and these riders get taxis to plug a BIG gap
The smart drivers pick these areas off and reap the rewards
If gocatch were to gaurantee these drivers minimum rates after costs these areas could be turned into gocatch areas and they could then build on the market share from these areas
I continually get runs to these areas to feed demand and the trips are worth it
A bit of promotion of gocatch here and a few guaranteed cars and suburb by suburb will be converted?
Better then trying your luck all over the place?

Thing

There are still suburbs that uber is not servicing and these riders get taxis to plug a BIG gap
The smart drivers pick these areas off and reap the rewards
If gocatch were to gaurantee these drivers minimum rates after costs these areas could be turned into gocatch areas and they could then build on the market share from these areas
I continually get runs to these areas to feed demand and the trips are worth it
A bit of promotion of gocatch here and a few guaranteed cars and suburb by suburb will be converted?
Better then trying your luck all over the place?
Yes, there are a few avenues they could exploit to get a better foothold in the market and work from there like you suggested.. Sadly though, they probably wont..

One of their mistakes was to limit what vehicles can be on their platform, they opt to exclude smaller vehicles... I don't think they are in a position to exclude anything with such a huge competitor as Uber...

PhantomDriver

Yes, there are a few avenues they could exploit to get a better foothold in the market and work from there like you suggested.. Sadly though, they probably wont..

One of their mistakes was to limit what vehicles can be on their platform, they opt to exclude smaller vehicles... I don't think they are in a position to exclude anything with such a huge competitor as Uber...
Agree

it costs nothing to sign up so why wouldnt you want to broaden your earning potential. yes, not as known as uber, but i think myb with a marketing push that they are Aussie owned, will improve that standing.
My understanding is that you can run both platforms, however if you are pushing the gocatch service to a Uber rider then that was the issue. the rider complained.