1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

Go-Fund-Me started for woman killed in crash; her Lyft driver charged with DUI

Discussion in 'News' started by BurgerTiime, Jun 13, 2018.

1. BurgerTiime

BurgerTiime

Driving:
    Lyft
    A Lyft driver and a second motorist are charged with DUIs in a June 8 head-on crash that left a 23-year-old woman dead.
    [​IMG]
    https://mp/s/patch.com/illinois/bucktown-wickerpark/amp/27618226/lyft-driver-charged-other-motorist-logan-square-crash

CHICAGO, IL — Two people, including a Lyft driver, have been charged with DUI after a young woman was killed in a two-car crash on Friday in Logan Square. WLS-TV reports that according to police, 32-year-old Elizabeth Renter, who was working for ride-share company Lyft, has been charged with a misdemeanor count of driving under the influence of a drug. The news report adds that the driver of the other car, 25-year-old Travis Anderson of Tempe, Arizona, has been charged with a felony count of aggravated driving under the influence.

Chicago Police say Anderson was driving in the 1600 block of North Humboldt Blvd. when he crossed the center line and hit Renter's car head-on, killing 23-year-old passenger Anudari Bayaraa (pictured), who was identified by the Cook County Medical Examiner's Office.

According to the news report, Bayaraa was transported to Stroger Hospital, where she died, while Renter was sent to Mt. Sinai Hospital in serious condition and a 31-year-old man riding in Renter's car was taken to Stroger in good condition.

Friends of Bayaraa have created a GoFundMe to raise money for her family to assist with the young woman's funeral and memorial services, in addition to other financial support the family may need during this time.

“On Friday, June 8th, 2018, our dear friend Anna passed away during a deadly car accident in the Logan Square neighborhood of Chicago, IL. She was on her way home in a Lyft Ride Share car when the fatal accident occurred. Both the Lyft driver and the other motorist have been charged with DUI's.”

"At only 23 Anna was the most caring friend, sister, and daughter to be taken away so unexpectedly," a friend wrote in the GoFundMe campaign. "She leaves behind her two loving parents, Sukhee Bayaraa and Munkhgerel Luvsantseren, as well as her two younger sisters, Nina Bayaraa and Olivia Bayaraa. She was intelligent, beautiful, and loved by more people than she'll ever know."

WLS-TV says Lyft released a statement saying, "We are deeply saddened by this incident. Our sympathies and hearts go out to the loved ones of the driver and passengers during this difficult time. We have reached out to the driver and have been in touch with the passenger's family to offer our full support. We stand ready to assist law enforcement in any investigation."

On Friday, police reported that Anderson was taken to Mount Sinai Hospital where he was in stable condition.

tohunt4me likes this.
  2. FormerTaxiDriver♧

FormerTaxiDriver♧

Driving:
    Lyft

This is advertising

tohunt4me likes this.
  3. 7Miles

7Miles

We need rates a little bit lower so a homeless guy from a street corner could drive for Lyft . 2 bottles of fine Popov vodka is a sign up bonus!

4. SEAL Team 5

SEAL Team 5

Driving:
    Livery

It's awesome that Lyft gives their full support to their drivers charged with driving under the influence of drugs.

Now, let's see who the family of the deceased goes after in a court of law. Do they go after the 25 year old drunk that crossed the center line and caused the head on collision or do they go after Lyft and Lyft's driver Elizabeth Renter? My money is on the latter.

5. BurgerTiime

BurgerTiime

Driving:
    Lyft
    You’re clearly a moron

6. Fuzzyelvis

Fuzzyelvis

Driving:
    UberX
    Although the other driver looks like he was the one at fault when something like this happens I think both drivers should be charged if they're drunk because maybe a sober driver would have been able to avoid it. The chances are they will sue absolutely everybody because that's what you always do.

tohunt4me likes this.
  7. FormerTaxiDriver♧

FormerTaxiDriver♧

Driving:
    Lyft
    That is racism.

The Gift of Fish likes this.
  8. Actually, it is elitism.
    Morons happen in all races.

That's what California does. If you had a beer with your burger for lunch - and you're sitting at a red light, and someone rear ends you -- IT'S YOUR FAULT.

9. FormerTaxiDriver♧

FormerTaxiDriver♧

Driving:
    Lyft
    This is funny.

Uberyouber likes this.
  10. Lyft’s new slogan: We stand ready to assist law enforcement in any investigation.

Look for it daily.

11. FormerTaxiDriver♧

FormerTaxiDriver♧

Driving:
    Lyft
    Drivers become snitches.

12. Why would Uber or Lyft support a non employee independent contractor
    charged with a crime while using a proprietary app?

BubblesLahey likes this.
  13. FormerTaxiDriver♧

FormerTaxiDriver♧

Driving:
    Lyft
    Greed prevents it.

• Not greed
    • LOGIC
    • we are non entities to uber and Lyft
    • An unending supply. 100 delete the drivers app, 1000 sign on
    • In the corporate world it would be completely illogical for them to support a non employee contractor.
    Your “greed” argument is completely one sided

tohunt4me likes this.
  14. FormerTaxiDriver♧

FormerTaxiDriver♧

Driving:
    Lyft
    Stock market fluctuations.

1. Neither is publicly traded
    2. Both have millions of client riders and growing everyday
    3. Both have an endless supply of drivers willing to destroy their vehicle asset for below minimum wage
    Drivers complain, drivers hate drivers blame their problems on others
    BUT when the ping request sounds they run to chauffeur ubers clients for next to nothing $$$.

What a perfect world for uber & Lyft
    They’re geniuses

15. FormerTaxiDriver♧

FormerTaxiDriver♧

Driving:
    Lyft
    What are you?

Lyft did'nt donate!

$30,948 of $25,000 goal

tohunt4me likes this.
  16. Nonsense

17. polar2017

polar2017

Sad story.
    Really unbelievable to have a driver on drugs & a drunk behind the wheel.

tohunt4me likes this.
  18. AuxCordBoston

AuxCordBoston

What was the “drug?” Can’t find anything on line saying what the drug was.

The driver may have been on drugs but the accident was caused by the other driver

MoreTips likes this.