• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Global Boycott on the 8th of May

Who will strike on the 8th of May

• Yes

Votes: 22 59.5%
  • No

Votes: 16 43.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

iluxin

If I want boycott Uber I stop to drive not for one day but forever. No one is forcing me to drive for them. This is my choice only and not somebody else. Uber not employer and we don't have union. You won't even able to do anything if one day they decide deactivate you. What do you expect to tell them? And what you expect them to do? The only who has power to do something is the city. So instead I would boycott city that allowed Uber to come here without any regulations and written rules

Karl Marx I miss your sometimes...

Last edited:

viren007

Thanks good work that’s up to you it wouldn’t hurt
How will you send out the word to other 90% of people who aren't on UP?

I know very few people off of here and they will most likely keep the app off during day time as well.

What about lyft?

Llib07

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
That’s up to you, in Melbourne I am handing out flyers to drivers waiting at the Airport

dmoney155

If all drivers stop driving for Uber on May 8 it will cost them millions of dollars and maybe wake them up to how they treat their drivers over all.
Why would you want to hurt a company that provided so much? so ungrateful.

dmoney155

Why do you want to hurt the shoulders you stand on? Such betrayal!
haha, I guess we see things differently. I'm thankful for having ability to cash in on driving around, even at current rates. Way I see it nothing comes for free... so no matter what changes (if any) result from all this, overall at the end of the day, you will get screwed over even more.
Furthermore, those who cry for strikes and depend on driving around for sustainable income are so much in a hole that they won't be able to stand their line for long. Hence why Uber won't even care... and probably is looking forward to it to see how many actually will do it, and how it will affects their operations.
I for one will be ready to "support" the company the minute surge goes above 3.0x :smiles: (but im sure others will sell out for much much less)

viren007

haha, I guess we see things differently. I'm thankful for having ability to cash in on driving around, even at current rates. Way I see it nothing comes for free... so no matter what changes (if any) result from all this, overall at the end of the day, you will get screwed over even more.
Furthermore, those who cry for strikes and depend on driving around for sustainable income are so much in a hole that they won't be able to stand their line for long. Hence why Uber won't even care... and probably is looking forward to it to see how many actually will do it, and how it will affects their operations.
I for one will be ready to "support" the company the minute surge goes above 3.0x :smiles: (but im sure others will sell out for much much less)
True.
However, you want temporary surge at 3.0x and strike people want consistently reasonable price.
It's like drivers demanding everyone be forced to tip and then others prefer reasonable prices so one doesn't have to rely on tips.

Both want more money, one is reasonable and logical other is acting entitled.

Winner is the one who has another source of income lol.

P. S- I'll be surprised if there is even a surge over 1.6 lol let alone 3x. Vast majority of drivers aren't on UP

dmoney155

True.
However, you want temporary surge at 3.0x and strike people want consistently reasonable price.
It's like drivers demanding everyone be forced to tip and then others prefer reasonable prices so one doesn't have to rely on tips.

Both want more money, one is reasonable and logical other is acting entitled.

Winner is the one who has another source of income lol.

P. S- I'll be surprised if there is even a surge over 1.6 lol let alone 3x. Vast majority of drivers aren't on UP
Yep. I don't believe it will do much either, so might as well take profit from the one day surge (should there be any). Besides, even if they do give more money, they won't do that at their expense. That simply is not how you run business. So drivers will end up giving up something else, thus becoming more and more like a taxi syndicate everyone was so happy to move away from.