1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

Glitter!

Discussion in 'Stories' started by Ubergirlzz, Jan 8, 2017.

1. Ubergirlzz

Ubergirlzz Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    I will never pick up anyone again that has even an ounce of glitter on their dress/costume. About two months ago, I picked up two women who were going to some festival -- they were dressed like belly dancers. I didn't notice, because it was dark, that one of the women had glitter all over her dress. After I dropped them off, I pulled over to check the back seat (I do that often, just to make sure all is well back there) and to my astonishment, my seat was covered in glitter! I took off my sweater and used it to wipe away as much as I could off the seat. But there was still a bit of glitter. Heck, I still see a speck of glitter back there every now and then - that stuff is hard to get rid of! Needless to say, they received 1 star from me.

anteetr and Grahamcracker like this.
  2. SibeRescueBrian

SibeRescueBrian Moderator Moderator

Driving:
    UberX
    Hindsight being 20/20, you could have also taken pictures and submitted them for a cleaning fee.

anteetr and Grahamcracker like this.
  3. Ubergirlzz

Driving:
    UberX
    I didn't think about that.... too late now. I thought you could only do that for puke.

4. SibeRescueBrian

SibeRescueBrian Moderator Moderator

Driving:
    UberX
    Based on what I've read here, plus one of my own experiences, they'll reimburse you for any kind of mess that a pax makes as long as it's properly documented. With glitter, it may only be a $20-$40 reimbursement, but it's better than nothing, and a more effective punishment than a 1 star.

anteetr, Grahamcracker and Ubergirlzz like this.
  5. TheWanderer

TheWanderer Well-Known Member

Yeah pretty much anything. I got a cleaning fee for splited coffee.
    Even if you pick someone up from a beach and bring in san and mud you can get that cleaning fee.

Ubergirlzz and SibeRescueBrian like this.

6. shiftydrake

shiftydrake Well-Known Member

Yeah I hate "splited coffee".....and "san".........the 2 wurst things to clean up...(notice I even misspelled worse).......:eek::D

Brian Parker likes this.
  7. SamIam51

SamIam51 Member

Driving:
    UberX
    I'm 100% sure these ladies didn't realize their dress would shed glitter to deserve a 1 star rating. I say this because I wore a blingy type dress to a holiday party, drove my own car, didn't think there would be a mess to clean up, but sure enough there was. It wasn't that bad for me as I leather seats, but you act like they did something malicious to your vehicle, on purpose.

Glh7381 likes this.
  8. UberChicago80

UberChicago80 Active Member

I'd put down a tarp. I only had PAX covered in bod paint and they left behind little to no mess. Just fond memories of the strange ride

Ubergirlzz likes this.
  9. Red Leader

Red Leader Well-Known Member

Strip off the costumes. Put them in the trunk. Easy peasy.

Ubergirlzz likes this.
  10. Ubergirlzz

Driving:
    UberX
    I believe they did - and here's why:
    1) When I drove to their house to pick them up, they were outside smoking. They called me on the phone and asked me to wait. Which right there tells me they are rude and inconsiderate.
    2) When they got in the car, they (of course) reeked of smoke.
    3) When I started the navigation to their destination, they were making comments under their breath like "where the f*** is she going?" A lot of pax don't realize that Waze uses the shortest route to their destination. Of course, they didn't say anything to me, they just sat there muttering under their breath to themselves.

11. Ubergirlzz

Driving:
    UberX
    LOL!

12. Ubergirlzz

Driving:
    UberX
    Thanks for the replies - it's good to know Uber will provide you with a cleaning fee, should you need one. The only times I've needed one are for "glitter lady" and there was another time that someone had really dirty shoes on, and they sat in the middle back seat. I have rubber floor mats in my car which go over the carpeted floor mats to keep them cleaner. But there's no mat in the middle, so I had quite a mess to clean up afterwards.

SibeRescueBrian likes this.
  13. Karen Stein

Karen Stein Well-Known Member

I went on the internet and found a fitted cover for my split rear seat. All I need to do is run it through the laundry as needed.

14. Jesusdrivesuber

Jesusdrivesuber Active Member

I have tried to vacuum that crap so many times and I still see some of it on the floor rugs.

15. Grahamcracker

Grahamcracker Well-Known Member

Accident or malicious, pax still made a mess and driver should be compensated. I don't believe most drunks purposely vomit in your vehicle.

Bean likes this.
  16. RamzFanz

RamzFanz Well-Known Member

Moving blankets work well and they're durable, washable, and cheap.

SibeRescueBrian likes this.
  17. steveK2016

steveK2016 Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    I was told that Glitter was going to be the pain in the ass for Halloween. Luckily I didn't get a single glitter bomber...

Red Leader likes this.
  18. WBdriving

WBdriving Active Member

Driving:
    UberXL
    A lint brush might work if you get it before someone else has the chance to smear it into the seat. I've had one lady once but I don't think she knew her dress did that. The couple I picked up next loved the idea that I had a stripper in my van but she really wasn't a stripper just an older woman going to the Basketball Hall of Fame for a ceremony like everyone else on that day.

19. PCH5150

PCH5150 Well-Known Member

I won't even buy Christmas cards with glitter on them. Hate that stuff, it's the Napalm of the decor world.

20. Red Leader

Red Leader Well-Known Member

This is why many of my practical jokes, on people I didn't like, involved glitter.