Giving Support a :D

MadTownUberD

The Trendy Transporter
This thread has the potential to become quite controversial, but I haven't been one to shy away from controversy.

Post instances of your satisfaction with Uber support! Yes, you read that right!

I'll start. In the instance below, my pax seemed to be having a bad day, and I think she may have been weeping quietly during portions of the trip. I didn't want her first visit to Madison to be one that ended with a sub optimal Uber experience. I reached out to Support in what I felt was a professionally courteous manner, and Support responded likewise.

Keep in mind that I am pretty much a "hobbyist", meaning I won't starve or even be set back very far in life without Uber income, so my perspective may be different.

You can call me an Uber shill if you like. You won't be accurate, but it may make you feel good.

For further reading, feel free to dig up my notorious (and Featured, IIRC) thread "Don't Bombard Support with Requests".

Screenshot_2019-04-25-21-29-23-1.png

Screenshot_2019-04-25-21-29-31-1.png

Screenshot_2019-04-25-21-30-48-1.png

Screenshot_2019-04-25-21-31-19-1.png

Screenshot_2019-04-25-21-31-37-1.png

Screenshot_2019-04-25-21-31-46-1.png

Uber Crack

Author
I bet the woman was nervous as a long tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs going through traffic congestion and getting to the airport 30 minutes later than planned! :eek:
*gasp*!!

I'm not surprised she was crying! She was mortified to be missing her flight...
I think she may have been weeping quietly during portions of the trip.
Or... She thought she was being kidnapped and taken to a crackhouse downtown.

(you know I'm playing with you) :biggrin:

Another Uber Driver

In the early days, before UberX even had launched in the Capital of Your Nation, we had only Uber Black and Uber Taxi. Driver support was local.

I had a very demanding woman as a passenger. She expected me to do all sorts of things that I declined to do. When I finally got rid of her, and closed the trip, I saw that she had flatted me the fare. Back then, Uber Taxi had a default tip. The customer could change it, and, this broad had: to zero.

Local support sent me an e-Mail asking why I had one starred her. I told them the story. I get an e-Mail the next day that told me that they had "reached out" to her and that she had agreed to give me a twenty per-cent tip. The guy did add that he had asked her if she wanted the default tip set to twenty per-cent. She declined. He allowed that he suspected that she was going to be more trouble.

MadTownUberD

The Trendy Transporter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Clarification: She had a couple of hours to kill before boarding her plane, so even with the extra half hour she was still ridiculously early for the flight. That said, it can be no fun sitting in traffic, scenery or not, which is why I felt kind of guilty for not predicting rush hour traffic. As we approached campus I was like "uh oh" in my head because navigation continued to suggest I backtrack and go around the north side of the lake.

Clarification: I was quite happy with what I was paid, and it was in fact surge, so I don't think they were BS-ing me with upfront pricing. $30/hr gross in Madison is rare.

pismire

I am glad you don't run with my group. I'd be scared you would tell all of our wives the truth because "you felt guilty."

MadTownUberD

The Trendy Transporter
I am glad you don't run with my group. I'd be scared you would tell all of our wives the truth because "you felt guilty."
What a man chooses to share or not share with his wife is none of my business. Where it crosses the line is when people expect me to lie to my wife. I'm not interested in that.

On a philosophical note, I believe every single one of us has a conscience. Some are suppressed more than others.

MadTownUberD

The Trendy Transporter
While I respect your kindness, I don’t understand why your so impressed with Support’s response. I’ve received the same for similar circumstances. It’s just another canned, pre-written robo response.
You think a robot could have evaluated my request? I think it probably required human intervention at some point.

Based on some of the complaints about support we see here, we should all be impressed that it took them one try to get it right, and not deactivate my account for that matter.

MadTownUberD

The Trendy Transporter
Yes. I’ve received the same word for word. To me it’s simply the, “driver did something selfless” response.

I dunno MT... pretty low bar.
What leads me to believe they actually evaluated it, at least in some occasions, is that I've gotten the fare adjusted before in similar situations. This time the human or the robot or whatever chose not to adjust the fare. So there had to be some kind of basis for the decision.

MadTownUberD

The Trendy Transporter
Teacher's pet comes to mind. I loved to give a give a push into the wall to kids like that...
You haven't seen me at my day job. I'm not afraid to tell it like it is, including to the CEO. But there I have unique skills that make me hard to replace.

With Uber, my only value is service. I think it's foolish only to interact with support on negative issues.... paints a driver in a bad light.

Taksomotor

Pfff...
Post automatically merged:

Like support even real people. They are the same underpaid schmucks sitting there like monkeys sending a 100 emails a day to some drivers they dont give a shit about. Even your positove respnse must have been copied and pasted from a positive response template. They don't even have the time to read your emails. They are trained to quickly scan through the text and decide within a few seconds if they need to give you some money, or a sorry you feel this way @@@@ off response. They are paid a min wage, they work in a room full of people on the phones 24/7, and they usually quit their job within 3 to 6 months of starting.

ANT 7

My one vehicle that I drive Uber with was listed twice in my profile, and you cannot delete it. So, I called in and they did it for me. The rest of my dealings with them is thru those ridiculous canned emails.

I don't even bother talking to them at all if I can help it. Really no point. I will not complain over a $3 missing fare, for example, and eventually piss of the borg one too many times and then get DA'd out of spite by some call center operator.

It's a waste of time. My GLH is the go to if you need help. Being FTF generally means half decent assistance gets rendered.

Seamus

Thank you for reporting to us that you have long hauled your passenger.
Your account has been placed on hold for suspicious activity and if we need any further information from you we will be in touch.
Since we have detected that you created fraudulent activity on this ride we will be removing your earnings from this trip.

-Rohit

pismire

What a man chooses to share or not share with his wife is none of my business. Where it crosses the line is when people expect me to lie to my wife. I'm not interested in that.

On a philosophical note, I believe every single one of us has a conscience. Some are suppressed more than others.
Reported.

Invisible

It’s good you had a positive experience with support.

Too bad you didn’t take the rider to one of the many bars on State St and show her what us Cheeseheads do best.... drink. I’m kidding of course.