Give 1 Car Advice

Grand Master B

i'll start off. when ubering on chicago's crappy roads, i recommend using steel wheels over alloys. they're cheaper, stronger, and will last a lot longer. also ur car will handle better during winter due to lower center of gravity.

Last edited:

Bigbadb91

For people that smoke
All I use is one of those fabreeze vent things in my vent, I basically smoke between every ride and throw it out once I get .3 miles away from them...

Everyone says my car smells great... they last about a week or 10 days

Fresh (light blue) or Hawaiian (orange) are the ones I use... they're like 3.50 at any gas station

Mad Medic

Smoking is detrimental to your long term health and there are many places that will help you stop if you cannot alone.
Was following the thread until i heard the smoking letchure.

People quit when they're ready to and each for sifferent reasons do please spare him the lectures

Prius13

Ok thanks.

My advise : Get monthly car wash plan (unlimited washes) st a place like Delta Sonic to keep your clean in the winter. Preserve the car a wee bit longer to prevent rust. $15.99 plan now going up to $17.99 per month. Still think it's a great deal for unlimited washes. I believe paxes will appreciate clean car in winter when you pick them up @ Ord after you waiting one hour at the pit.

MrCity

I've found that a Costco membership helps if there is one close by. They have bulk price on air fresheners and gas is usually the cheapest. Got a decent pair of floor mats from them on sale as well.

UberBeemer

I've found that a Costco membership helps if there is one close by. They have bulk price on air fresheners and gas is usually the cheapest. Got a decent pair of floor mats from them on sale as well.
Not sure about Costco, but Sams Club has great prices on tires, and they install. Cheap gas there too.

xcnco

Seat covers. Pax are dirty.

They manage to smear themselves in tar, ink chicken grease, makeup, chocolate, gum... list goes on

I gave a ride to a family. Their entire family had chocolate on their clothing. I was like wtf, they pooh themselves. Luckily I noticed the brown marks and used the cleaner I always carry in my car.

lakersfan1

Go to Weathertech Factory Store in Bollingbrook before winter and get a set of all season mats just for the back. Custom molded. Only about $40 for UBER drivers. They are cupped so you just shake out the leaves, and wipe down the salt with a cleaner. Look brand new every day in 3 minutes.

Zuber7

Go to Weathertech Factory Store in Bollingbrook before winter and get a set of all season mats just for the back. Custom molded. Only about $40 for UBER drivers. They are cupped so you just shake out the leaves, and wipe down the salt with a cleaner. Look brand new every day in 3 minutes.
Only $40? What do you do, just show them your driver account? Is that per mat?

lakersfan1

Only $40? What do you do, just show them your driver account? Is that per mat?
$40 for the rear set is what I paid. Most drivers dont let anyone up front anyways. On the rare occasion I need to I can watch them knock their feet off after asking. Just show them your driver app logged on for the discount. Dont forget your free cappucino from their barrista while you wait.

xcnco

$40 for the rear set is what I paid. Most drivers dont let anyone up front anyways. On the rare occasion I need to I can watch them knock their feet off after asking. Just show them your driver app logged on for the discount. Dont forget your free cappucino from their barrista while you wait.

They are the best. My roommate worked for them so I got the hookup. I paid like $60.00 for all four. He did four years there and moved on so no more deals.

LyftRus

Make sure you get the "liners" not the regular rubber mats as lakerfan said they are interior specific molded to your car. I had weathertech's ordered for my whole family and everyone loves them.