• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Girls with German names a.k.a. DRUG DEALERS

UberSchmuber

This is the second time this has almost happened to me. I get a ping from someone with an innocent sounding German female name. 1st time in January, it was Heidi in Maple Leaf Park in Brick that turned out to be 3 guys that looked to be in the recreational phrama biz. Tonight, it was Ingrid on a street filled with enough usual suspects that the start of the street had 5 cops on the corner. Both cases, cancel and scram. I am so glad these guys have no clue what a Taurus X looks like. And I am very thankful that someone a few months back mentioned about getting a ping with a female name and 3 drug dealers hopped in. Whoever that was, Thank You.

About the 2nd in JC, it was a pool surge(1.6x) from 18th St (innocent enough) to NJCU. Why would a girl want a pool through that neighborhood ("Ingrid" was on Union St, 3 blocks south of Comunicapaw between JFK & Bergen, now on my no fly list. She saw those guys and when I asked her if she saw Ingrid, even she said nope. Not taking pools near sketchy neighborhoods, surge be damned.

Poppychullo

This is the second time this has almost happened to me. I get a ping from someone with an innocent sounding German female name. 1st time in January, it was Heidi in Maple Leaf Park in Brick that turned out to be 3 guys that looked to be in the recreational phrama biz. Tonight, it was Ingrid on a street filled with enough usual suspects that the start of the street had 5 cops on the corner. Both cases, cancel and scram. I am so glad these guys have no clue what a Taurus X looks like. And I am very thankful that someone a few months back mentioned about getting a ping with a female name and 3 drug dealers hopped in. Whoever that was, Thank You.

About the 2nd in JC, it was a pool surge(1.6x) from 18th St (innocent enough) to NJCU. Why would a girl want a pool through that neighborhood ("Ingrid" was on Union St, 3 blocks south of Comunicapaw between JFK & Bergen, now on my no fly list. She saw those guys and when I asked her if she saw Ingrid, even she said nope. Not taking pools near sketchy neighborhoods, surge be damned.
That was me brother. Good for you and thank god you are sound and safe. Scary out there my friend.

t.r. warrior

Why would you even accept a pick up in maple leaf village?theres only two streets there.If I see either of them, I dont go.SIMPLE......

UberSchmuber

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Why would you even accept a pick up in maple leaf village?theres only two streets there.If I see either of them, I dont go.SIMPLE......
I'll ignore your condescending tone and even admit ignorance. I've passed Maple Leaf Village thousands of times on Hebertsville Road and it looks like nothing but condos in an otherwise nice neighborhood, right? I did not have every street name in Brick memorized and in the year and 3 months I have done Uber, I have never had a call from Sawmill Rd until I statrted with Lyft in January. The night I got that ping, I had just dropped off someone there who had come off a late shift an the Grenville in Bay Head. I got the ping for Heidi just before turning out of the development. If Poppychullo had not posted his story, I might have actually looked for Heidi beyond seeing the 3 and canceled. Now I know about Maple Leaf Village, as well Cedar & Sutton Villages, but other than the occasional "Don't go there" postings, never saw one for anywhere in Brick. It's not like someone has done a PDF of all the bad neighborhoods in every City & County in this state and if you know every single one, maybe you should do that PDF.

That was me brother. Good for you and thank god you are sound and safe. Scary out there my friend.
Thank you again. That story sent chills down my spine enough so that I got that Deja Vu feeling when I saw it.

anteetr

Someone who is not a local would have a very difficult time looking at Maple Leaf Park or any of the other Brick condo communities and concluding they're the ghetto.

SmokeyJonez

Someone who is not a local would have a very difficult time looking at Maple Leaf Park or any of the other Brick condo communities and concluding they're the ghetto.
Ummm, unless you've never seen a ghetto before..

Maple Leaf looks like a dump!

This is also exactly why drivers should stay in their own area.

anteetr

I lived in ocean county for years before I wised up and moved. If you think maple leaf looks like the hood, you've never seen a real ghetto before. And thats funny since there's one right down the road in lakewood, though it has gotten much better in the last 10 years since most of that ghettos former residents were relocated to sawmill rd in Brick.

SmokeyJonez

I lived in ocean county for years before I wised up and moved. If you think maple leaf looks like the hood, you've never seen a real ghetto before. And thats funny since there's one right down the road in lakewood, though it has gotten much better in the last 10 years since most of that ghettos former residents were relocated to sawmill rd in Brick.
I'm not saying that Maple Leaf looks like camden. But it is run down.

Blunt power