Girls and male drivers at night o.o

Pinkmimi

:oopsies::oopsies::eek: This happen lastnight, like 2am
I requested an uber , it was a guy, I don't really mind if it's a guy or not at night , I honestly usually prefer them lol:smiles: less judgey in my self conscious mind lol:p

But I was kinda mad at my friend so I kinda just got in without looking in first u know , I greet my driver I look up and theirs a guy driving ya but another guy sitting next to him :eek::confused:eek:_O

I felt a lil weird idk , so I msgd my friend I was pissed at and kinda let him know my situation in case I ended up in a ditch lol
( Not a funny joke )lol
No talking happen after the initial "hey and ya thts where I'm going "

It was a silent 15 minute ride and I was a little on edge , the two guys didn't even tlk , I didn't get a bad vibe but being a stupid 20 yr old girl I'm bad at picking up vibes lol maybe when I'm like 3 min away the driver speaks , asks how my night is , ask if my name is what it is idk lol but it was a little to late to try and make me feel comfortable , but everything turned out k , the guy in the passenger never said anything :eek:never saw his face :rolleyes:

Is that normal?? Having two guys ??
(That's what she said ) lol but really
And when I think about it the driver didn't look
Like the picture ?? Maybe he was like a son or friend of the passenger ?? Is that allowed to have two people pick me up ??:oopsies:
Gave them 5 stars tho because they didn't kill me lol

Pinkmimi

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Very likely that you chose UberPool and the other guy was another passenger. Did you choose the less expensive option to 'share your ride'? If so, then you can end up with multiple passengers sharing a ride. Otherwise, there should not be another person in the car.
No I didn't it was just regular I'm almost 100% sure , I think they were buddies tho

WestSubDriver

No I didn't it was just regular I'm almost 100% sure , I think they were buddies tho
Glad that everything was ok despite the uncomfortable environment. The following is straight out of Uber's Help section for Drivers:

"In the interest of safety and comfort for riders, friends and family of driver-partners may not ride in their vehicle during a trip. When online, please do not allow other passengers to ride in your vehicle."

If it was UberPool, you would have notified in your app and been provided with the other passenger's name. When doing a Pool ride, I engage the passengers in conversation and let them know who my app is telling me to drop off first, etc. so that everyone is on the same page.

dumbdriver

You really shouldn't have your buddies riding with you unless he was another passenger for uber pool
I think over got sued because driver wasn't allowed to bring their service dog which is a federally protected animal along with them even if they're not blind which of course if they are they could be in a self-driving car anyway but the service dog is allowed with you as a driver now under federal law

5 Star Guy

Next time cancel. I would never tell a woman to go under those conditions. Two guys, late at night, a woman alone, the pic didn't look like the driver? You are very lucky, don't do that again and let your girlfriend's know not to do that. Next time you will be on the news, like you thought. Always go by your gut, even if you're uncomfortable to get out of the situation. You texted your friend so you know that was a mistake. There are fake cars too who are happy to take a woman. Always ask the driver their name, not hi are you Jack? I'll never forget the poor pizza delivery guy delivered pizza in a remote location and they put a bomb around his neck and it went off. The police thought there was a chance it was fake or that they'd die trying to save him. The other incident I'll never forget is the woman kidnapped called 911 and other drivers who saw her called 911. Her husband is a cop and got there too late, they killed her before the police could figure out where she was. Nuts.

shiftydrake

Hey I'm blind...my seeing eye dog steers and she barks when I have to stop...........sorry glad to hear you are ok better to be safe and not get into a car with 2 men at night

5 Star Guy

You have no idea who the driver is or your pax for that matter. Now you're adding another guy the pax doesn't know and is not allowed to be there, at 2am. Nothing but sketchy, which she knew.

OnTheLoose

I hear this often, drivers having other people in the car that aren't Pool passengers. This is against Uber policy and I would definitely send them an email about it.

I commonly hear that women who drive at night bring a friend along or their boyfriend along to feel safer while driving. If you can't handle it, you shouldn't be driving at night. Dangers are assumed by both parties. And how uncomfortable would it be for the passenger?

I also hear sometimes that a driver is giving a friend a ride home and picking up a passenger a long the way... Well they're doing it on your money if that's the case. They really need to take their job more seriously and be more professional about it in my opinion.

Many passengers are okay with it but you can't assume that they will be. And again, it's simply against policy.

Oscar Levant

:oopsies::oopsies::eek: This happen lastnight, like 2am
I requested an uber , it was a guy, I don't really mind if it's a guy or not at night , I honestly usually prefer them lol:smiles: less judgey in my self conscious mind lol:p

But I was kinda mad at my friend so I kinda just got in without looking in first u know , I greet my driver I look up and theirs a guy driving ya but another guy sitting next to him :eek::confused:eek:_O

I felt a lil weird idk , so I msgd my friend I was pissed at and kinda let him know my situation in case I ended up in a ditch lol
( Not a funny joke )lol
No talking happen after the initial "hey and ya thts where I'm going "

It was a silent 15 minute ride and I was a little on edge , the two guys didn't even tlk , I didn't get a bad vibe but being a stupid 20 yr old girl I'm bad at picking up vibes lol maybe when I'm like 3 min away the driver speaks , asks how my night is , ask if my name is what it is idk lol but it was a little to late to try and make me feel comfortable , but everything turned out k , the guy in the passenger never said anything :eek:never saw his face :rolleyes:

Is that normal?? Having two guys ??
(That's what she said ) lol but really
And when I think about it the driver didn't look
Like the picture ?? Maybe he was like a son or friend of the passenger ?? Is that allowed to have two people pick me up ??:oopsies:
Gave them 5 stars tho because they didn't kill me lol
Did you accidentally hit the "UberPool" button and not the UberX button?

If not, then.....

No, the driver's "ride-along" isn't condoned by Uber.

Unless you are pooling, my advice to all women is to NEVER get into a strange car with two guys in the front seat.

5 Star Guy

The worst part of all of this is the human nature to ignore your gut and just hope things will be ok. That gets you raped, killed, robbed or on the news. No one wants to think something might happen but think about the people in my example. Don't think this only applies to women or pax.