• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

GIRLS πŸ™β€β™€οΈπŸ€œ vs πŸ€›πŸ™β€β™‚οΈBOYS

Which gender has it easier doing ride share?

• Female

Votes: 26 33.3%
  • Male

Votes: 52 66.7%

• Total voters

Mkang14

Pros and cons of being a male/female driver. Do you think the opposite sex has it easier? Do you get judged based on your gender?

I feel like some pax think women, even more specific ethnic looking women aren't good drivers. If I make one mistake now I have only confirmed their beliefsπŸ€·β€β™€οΈ.

Valar Dohaeris

Pros and cons of being a male/female driver. Do you think the opposite sex has it easier? Do you get judged based on your gender?

I feel like some pax think women, even more specific ethnic looking women aren't good drivers. If I make one mistake now I have only confirmed their beliefsπŸ€·β€β™€οΈ.
I voted for women because I feel like there might be more leeway given what a dangerous gig this can be for a woman. Similar to a girl crying to get out of a ticket, I feel like a female driver can play the "oops sorry I missed that exit, I'm going to have to drive up an extra 7 miles to the next one" card and elicit more sympathy.

Lissetti

Rebel Honey Badger
Article Manager
I find in Seattle pax are most impressed that I speak fluent English. Second, they were impressed that I was a college student studying computer science. Yes me being female was brought up. The women and older men always asked if driving for Uber/Lyft isn't too risky for women. They asked if I carried a weapon. ( like I would say yes..)πŸ™„

I also believe it's why I raked in enough tips per shift, near every shift to fill up my gas tank and buy dinner.

Yes there where times guys tried to Alpha Dog me about whether I can "handle" driving this tiny widdle Toyota Corolla on the open road. I shut that down fast by showing them picts of my other vehicles for 9 years of my life.

Yeah I parked this bad boy on a dead end road by myself.
2017-11-15-23-01-31-266.jpg

My neighbors woke up to my new toy sitting out front.

2013-01-02_16-12-39_242.jpg

Anyhow once I show picts of my toys, it gets quiet from the back seat.....

Still.....I voted men because they don't have to always 'splain themselves...

doyousensehumor

Men drivers because of safety. Trigger alert πŸ™„ Men and women are NOT equal. Generally, most men are physically and emotionally better equipped to deal with pax who are physical, unruly, or verbally abusive. Pax will more likely comply if the driver is a guy. Not to say there isn't women who can handle it better than most men.

Dropking

Chicks make more tips. Dudes don't deal with the sexual junk. Other than this, the pay rates are equal.
Post automatically merged:

Men drivers because of safety. Trigger alert πŸ™„ Men and women are NOT equal. Generally, most men are physically and emotionally better equipped to deal with pax who are physical, unruly, or verbally abusive. Pax will more likely comply if the driver is a guy. Not to say there isn't women who can handle it better than most men.
Way to put a target on your back! I'm getting out of the way, friend.
Post automatically merged:

Being a male driver is cool and all, until you get drunk women as pax. I refuse to pick up women during the bar scene. I wont fall victim to a false rape accusation.

If I was a woman I wouldn't do rideshare. I wouldve shot a pax if he were to flirt with me, let alone touch me.
Would rather have a drunk chick than a drunk dude. FYI you can get falsely accused of raping a sober chick, so I don't follow your logic on refusing the babes.

DoYouEvenLyft?

True, I can be accused by both a sober and drunk female. But let's face it, odds ARE WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY LOWER of being accused of rape in the daytime versus at night. But ehhh, do you.

mch

I find in Seattle pax are most impressed that I speak fluent English. Second, they were impressed that I was a college student studying computer science. Yes me being female was brought up. The women and older men always asked if driving for Uber/Lyft isn't too risky for women. They asked if I carried a weapon. ( like I would say yes..)πŸ™„

I also believe it's why I raked in enough tips per shift, near every shift to fill up my gas tank and buy dinner.

Yes there where times guys tried to Alpha Dog me about whether I can "handle" driving this tiny widdle Toyota Corolla on the open road. I shut that down fast by showing them picts of my other vehicles for 9 years of my life.

Yeah I parked this bad boy on a dead end road by myself.
View attachment 365299
My neighbors woke up to my new toy sitting out front.

View attachment 365302
Anyhow once I show picts of my toys, it gets quiet from the back seat.....

Still.....I voted men because they don't have to always 'splain themselves...
As an adult female honey badger, you probably could have shut the alpha dogging down simply by showing your teeth.

F1A275E4-65C7-4CB2-B376-FC6A4D6BAD90.jpeg

Mkang14

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Men drivers because of safety. Trigger alert πŸ™„ Men and women are NOT equal. Generally, most men are physically and emotionally better equipped to deal with pax who are physical, unruly, or verbally abusive. Pax will more likely comply if the driver is a guy. Not to say there isn't women who can handle it better than most men. But this is a generalizing question, hence the generalizing answer..
More generalizations coming....

You make some good points but you also missed the mark on female being less emotionally equipped.

2 Men are prone to outburst and peeing match type escalations then a female vs male pax. As a female I can see a male getting aggravated and I can be non threatening. I can calm him in most cases by simply letting him know how I'm feeling and most of that shows in my tone and body language.

Last edited: