• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Gio, Chicago's Rideshare Revolution, Permanently Deactivated by Uber After 16K Rides

EphLux

RIP
Post automatically merged:

He had all the red flags: Being a veteran "80% driver" working the algorithm too well to hit $2k weekly on Uber X, chatting with PAX as if they were friends, a high Uber YouTube presence, uncovering the inner workings of the app on YouTube, and making enemies among fellow Uber YouTubers.

Also this is what happens when you don't work for a union.

Last edited:

gunigham1

I can see how you can easily sue Uber for wrongful deactivation, after Jan 1st..and take it as blessing ,get couple weeks or months paystub recovered

goneubering

RIP

He had all the red flags: Being a veteran "80% driver" working the algorithm too well to hit $2k weekly on Uber X, chatting with PAX as if they were friends, a high Uber YouTube presence, uncovering the inner workings of the app on YouTube, and making enemies among fellow Uber YouTubers.

Uber YouTubers is a thing?

Slim Shady

Pool ride. Did I mention that it was a pool ride? That’s mistake #1. I looked at some of his videos and he is one loudmouth uberx driver. He talks too much.

Some people won’t confront you and will act like it’s cool but they’ll report your ass as soon as they get out. If you’re making a living as a driver, you stfu and just drive.

No one’s expecting you to be Cedric the entertainer.

LoveBC

Pool ride. Did I mention that it was a pool ride? That’s mistake #1. I looked at some of his videos and he is one loudmouth uberx driver. He talks too much.

Some people won’t confront you and will act like it’s cool but they’ll report your ass as soon as they get out. If you’re making a living as a driver, you stfu and just drive.

People like him is why we have “quiet mode”

EphLux

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
lol Uber Quiet. Yeah he's 30 and idealistic. I was even dumber than him at that age.

SMOTY

RIP

Have you seen his videos? I feel for the guy but he be yelling and cursing at the top of his lungs when he’s got pax in the car I’ve seen multiple videos where a car simply cuts him off but he punches the gas to be the guy not to cut off!(scary to be in the back seat thinking you might get into an accident) Trust me I feel for him but then he starts cursing and it’s like dude just leave it alone pax don’t want to hear you having road rage also it could be where he thinks some topics are fine to talk about and might not really think anything is wrong with making whatever comments he’s being accused of. Again I feel for him but it can’t be about him being a 80% vet thousands of rides knowing the market. And I get it could be the fact that it was a pool rid, you pick up enough of those cheapos and your bound to get in trouble just for the fact of it

I agree with you 1000% but trust me I feel for the guy

yomomma

It shows paxes are pieces of shit.

Did the dude have a dashcam?

hulksmash

So are we blaming him or the pool rider? Or is the complaint legitimate despite being a Pool ride. The longer you do this the more likely it is you get deactivated. They use all previous complaints against you, no matter how old or how bogus. So if you’re on a 3 strike rule and you get a bogus complaint year 1, then another in year 3, your next bogus complaint in year 5 you’re gone.

yomomma

Found out he had a dashcam, but his memory chip wasn't large enough. I have one chip in my dashcam, and another in the glove compartment. Always have 2.

He made a good point that his 4.95 couldn't be maintained if he was a weirdo.

StillUbering

2 reports for discriminatory comments and 1 report for sexual misconduct... hard to get those if you just drive and have civil, non risqué conversations with riders. some riders are POS but there’s gotta be a reason why dude has 3 reports and majority of drivers don’t even have 1. can’t just chalk it up to cheap riders wanting a free trip.

he said he was 99.9% sure the sexual misconduct claim was fraudulent. if it was me or most drivers we’d be 100% sure we didn’t say anything inappropriate.

so if i’m reading in between the lines is he admitting that the two reports for discriminatory conduct were valid because i don’t see where he denies those or claims to have disputed those reports.

Last edited:
You will never understand how Iranians govern. The Gio guy was making videos and the company was looking for a cause. Uber is ruled like a dictatorship after the new CEO. In dictatorships, the most vital move is to hang a dissident in front of everyone to give a message to all. Spreading fear from heart to heart.
All the agreements signed by the divers are one-sided without any comments by the driver. you just click the agree button that's all, done you are a slave from now on. Uber is ruling US citizens as Iranians that's it.
HELLOO IS THIS UNITED STATES OF AMERICA or A MIDDLE EAST COUNTRY

gunigham1

You will never understand how Iranians govern. The Gio guy was making videos and the company was looking for a cause. Uber is ruled like a dictatorship after the new CEO. In dictatorships, the most vital move is to hang a dissident in front of everyone to give a message to all. Spreading fear from heart to heart.
All the agreements signed by the divers are one-sided without any comments by the driver. you just click the agree button that's all, done you are a slave from now on. Uber is ruling US citizens as Iranians that's it.
HELLOO IS THIS UNITED STATES OF AMERICA or A MIDDLE EAST COUNTRY
I agree hadji-owned companies should have no right to exist!
I gave em a good spray, back when I was in navy

Last edited: