Gino goes berserk when I refuse the fare because he won't buckle up

PoorBasterd

I hear you talking, and I hate what is happening here.

Have you seen the videos of the police yanking people out of their cars when no law was broken?

It is a police state now.
And if I remember correctly, it was because of unlawful search and seizure by the British colonial government why the American revolution started in the first place. That's why the US constitution makes such a big deal about it.

RockinEZ

Yes, and if you will also remember the British had a king at that time. The British people had no rights. It was a feudal system where jumping to a higher class was unheard of.

Peers ruled, no matter how incompetent.

The British legal system was so bad, it took a couple of lifetimes to settle legal disputes. No joke.

The England of 1776 was nothing like the England of today.

If the founders of the United States were alive today, they would not be proud of what happened to their hard work.

We have become a nation of politically correct buffoons. The middle class is declining, and the super rich are getting richer. Our laws allow jobs to be shipped to other countries, and money to tax harbors where no American benefits from taxes large corporations should be paying.

Very sad. It is not going to get better in my lifetime.

Last edited:

inpool

Passenger Gino went berserk today after I refused to take him because he would't wear his seat belt.
He said "f--k you" several times as he ranted when he left my car before closing the door. In non-uber trips, I insist that everyone who comes with me in my car wears their seat belt. I don't want any passengers crashing into me or my windshield if I have to come to a sudden stop. I also think that I am unnecessarily attracting the attention of the police. Please below from the MTO web site. Any thoughts?

Safe driving practices

Seatbelt fines
If you are driving, you can face a fine if you or anyone in your vehicle under age 16 is not wearing a seatbelt or secured in a proper child seat. If you are convicted, you will:

• be fined between $200 and $1,000
  • receive two demerit points - demerit points remain on your driving record for two years
You can also be fined for having a broken seatbelt, even if it is not being used when you're stopped by a police officer.

Passengers over age 16
Passengers who are 16 years of age or older are responsible for buckling up themselves. If you appear to be at least 16 years of age, police officers can ask you for your name, address and date of birth. You will face a fine if you are not using or wearing a seatbelt properly.

Seatbelts in taxis
You must wear a seatbelt whenever you travel in a taxi. Taxi drivers must make sure that their cars have seatbelts in good working order.

The law does not require the taxi driver to provide a child car seat. When travelling in a taxi with a child, you should provide your own child car seat or booster seat.[/QUOTE
learn not to give a @@@@ 10 000 fares later i dont even notice if the pax still have a pulse WHO CARES they can choke each other with the seatbelt and i wont notice.

Fuzzyelvis

California seat belt law is pretty simple-everyone buckles up, or else.

The statute also has several sections that determine who is responsible for ensuring compliance with the law. If everyone in the car is 16 years of age or older, the driver is responsible for securing himself and all passengers. If there are children under the age of 16 in the car and their parents are not present, the driver is responsible for making sure the children are properly secured, as well. However, when parents of minors under age 16 are in the vehicle with their kids, they are responsible for securing their children no matter who is actually driving the car.

The driver is responsible, and will be ticketed unless the offender is a minor under 16 w/parents on board.
How is the driver supposed to watch to see if they take it off in the back while he's driving?

Fuzzyelvis

You can see the shoulder strap in the mirror.
At night? While driving around avoiding drunks? You're expected to watch your rear view mirror for their shoulder straps?

FYI I can't see in my back seat in the mirror to everyone at the same time. I would have to keep moving the mirror which I generally have set to look through the rear view mirror not at my pax.

This seems safe...

RockinEZ

At night? While driving around avoiding drunks? You're expected to watch your rear view mirror for their shoulder straps?

FYI I can't see in my back seat in the mirror to everyone at the same time. I would have to keep moving the mirror which I generally have set to look through the rear view mirror not at my pax.

This seems safe...
Give it a break, I don't write the CA laws.

inpool

It takes awhile but eventually(10000faresplus)you learn not to give a @@@@.I could careless.As far as police goes got pulled over with pax in the back.Cop asked if i am uber after looking at my phone.I said no and the pax lefted and i ended the trip.As ended the trip the phone started to beep cop heard and didnt seem to care.But to add insult to injurie a pax was also waiting by my car when a shitt box uber pulled up with uber type air fresher thing a majig and uber stickers and ushered in a pax right there.So in short chill out