• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Ghost Waitlist

TRB

Had great rides and conversations Friday night, wake up Saturday to an email stating "We are investigating a report from a recent trip. Your account has been placed on hold while we look into this report. Blah blah blah..." Didn't have any issues with pax, yet here I am 4 days later locked out. Anyone else had issues with support literally refusing to communicate with them in this instance? I'm giving it another day and then I'm switching to Lyft (at least their support is in the US and I can understand them). Granted it's a part time gig for extra play $, but the treatment by a group alleging "support" is some serious BS.

TRB

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Haven't done that yet, but thanks for the idea! Of course that's assuming they take my account off hold before Halloween, which after 5 days I'm starting to doubt.

TRB

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Had great rides and conversations Friday night, wake up Saturday to an email stating "We are investigating a report from a recent trip. Your account has been placed on hold while we look into this report. Blah blah blah..." Didn't have any issues with pax, yet here I am 4 days later locked out. Anyone else had issues with support literally refusing to communicate with them in this instance? I'm giving it another day and then I'm switching to Lyft (at least their support is in the US and I can understand them). Granted it's a part time gig for extra play $, but the treatment by a group alleging "support" is some serious BS.
So it's been a while since I was deactivated, but I've been reactivated after Fuber finally reached out to me and (gasp) discovered it was a pax error! They said I tried to offer a free ride for this chick to flash me (which did not happen), then the "investigator" starts asking all kinds of questions. She then reads the pax statement, which states that the "black male driver" (nothing against anyone, their words) offered a free ride in exchange if they would "show me your tits". That's when I blew my top, because I am not a black male! She referenced my profile pic and DL on file, then reviewed the pax history to show that it was the next ride they had, NOT ME! 2 weeks sidelined on account of pax error/Fuber stupidity, and they refused any form of compensation. Thankfully my extra side money comes in the forms of "We're terribly sorry" and "Please accept our apologies". I'm back at it for now, but I think once the holidays are done, so am I with this gig.

Benjamin M

So it's been a while since I was deactivated, but I've been reactivated after Fuber finally reached out to me and (gasp) discovered it was a pax error! They said I tried to offer a free ride for this chick to flash me (which did not happen), then the "investigator" starts asking all kinds of questions. She then reads the pax statement, which states that the "black male driver" (nothing against anyone, their words) offered a free ride in exchange if they would "show me your tits". That's when I blew my top, because I am not a black male! She referenced my profile pic and DL on file, then reviewed the pax history to show that it was the next ride they had, NOT ME! 2 weeks sidelined on account of pax error/Fuber stupidity, and they refused any form of compensation. Thankfully my extra side money comes in the forms of "We're terribly sorry" and "Please accept our apologies". I'm back at it for now, but I think once the holidays are done, so am I with this gig.
Damn, dude. I'm glad they got it sorted. I'm moving to Richmond soon, been driving off and on in Innsbrook, making some decent money! But I did get rear ended on Dumbarton Rd and lost my car, so that kind of sucked (driving Uber with a pax).

Your story reminded me of one from my paramedic days.

My partner and I were sitting on the ambulance ramp at Mary Washington Hospital ER and our dispatch called and said "slow down!" My partner and I looked at each other and I replied "slower than 0 mph?" Their response, "just slow down!"

A few minutes later we were told to report to the police station, no explanation. We waited in the lobby until an officer stepped out with a smug look on his face, saw us, and said "awww hell!"

Apparently another unit was racing back to the station, doing 20 over, because they were late getting off. Problem was that my partner and I were both male, the other crew were both female. "I told em that it was two ladies!" LOL! Not to mention that our trucks were GPS tracked and we had been stationary for at least an hour.

Anyway, hang in there! Sorry that you had to deal with that mess.