• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

GH: Doom if you do, doom if you don't.

Uber1111uber

Ya I actually make it a point to stay under 90% acceptance now if I'm on schedule. The one day I only got 2 orders in 5 hours did them both so 100% acceptance rate and grubhub had to pay like $33 out of pocket and the next day my account was under investigation bc of it and was froze for almost a week. Its definitely a lose lose

Uberdriver2710

Ya I actually make it a point to stay under 90% acceptance now if I'm on schedule. The one day I only got 2 orders in 5 hours did them both so 100% acceptance rate and grubhub had to pay like $33 out of pocket and the next day my account was under investigation bc of it and was froze for almost a week. Its definitely a lose lose
In this case, blocks are traps. Avoid.

dlearl476

I’m guessing that guarantees that will disappear with the new time+distance pay model they’re rolling out.

Woohaa

I generally only do blocks during the week from super early in the morning until 4 or 5 when it's slow. If GH gets rid of their blocks then they move 1 step closer to being DD or (shudder) Postmates. 🤦🏿‍♂️

1776abe

Why doesnt grubhub get rid of blocks and just let everyone log in when they want to work and send pings to the closest driver to the restaurant. Wouldn't it be more efficient that way.

Woohaa

Why doesnt grubhub get rid of blocks and just let everyone log in when they want to work and send pings to the closest driver to the restaurant. Wouldn't it be more efficient that way.
Blocks pay a set rate per hour, which is good when you're running several apps at once on a slow morning.

WAHN

Personally, I like that GH and DD have blocks/dashes that a limited number of drivers can sign up for even though it's actually hurting my ability to do work for them because the prime slots go so quickly.

In reality, allowing an unlimited number of drivers in an area would work out fine for them if GH dropped their hourly guarantee on blocks, but it would be bad for driver earnings due to areas having too many drivers.

1776abe

Interesting I'm averaging 18 to 20 a hour with no blocks. The guarantee is only 11 or something like that. Better with no blocks in my case

WAHN

Interesting I'm averaging 18 to 20 a hour with no blocks. The guarantee is only 11 or something like that. Better with no blocks in my case
Is that only doing GH? Are blocks still available during the times you are working? If so, then they probably haven't hit the amount of drivers they want there yet.

Yeah, the guarantee here is $11/hr. I've only worked off block a couple time and it wasn't worth it.

1776abe

Only gh. No blocks r available when I log in randomly unless I reserved a block in advance. I just log in after I wake up and shower. I don't like driving tired so I avoid blocks whenever possible.pay would be a little better if I checked new offers while I'm completing a current one.dont c a difference in hourly with block vs no block. Seems the same to me.

I have made a ton of mistakes. Once I get more efficient and don't take wrong turns, and check every offer, I am hoping for a solid 20 a hour. I wouldn't do this for 11 a hour so guarantees r irrelevant to me. I really enjoy the job which means eventually something will happen and it will go downhill.

Last edited:

WAHN

I really enjoy the job which means eventually something will happen and it will go downhill.
Yep. :wink: Very likely.

The guarantee isn't enough for me either, but at least it's there just in case there's an unusually slow period for some reason. There's only one area nearby that I'm willing to work for GH and I tried it one day for breakfast. Zero pings in 2 1/2 hours, lol. After that, I headed to my preferred area to do DD.

Every market is different.

Hopefully, yours will keep you busy off block for a while. If it does start to go downhill, it will be because more drivers are working off block in your area, they've allowed more blocks to be scheduled, or they are losing business to competitors.

That's why I think the block/dash method is better for earnings stability over the long haul.

Uber1111uber

Grubhub is slow here now doordash took over and i cant ever get on grubhub scheduale unless someone randomly drops a block and i pick it up. I turn on gh for about 10 hours a day 3 to 4 days a week and only get like 5 -10 offers all day usually around 5 and of those I might do 2. Its 10/hr gtd. here so idk how ppl are staying at premier theyll be lucky to take home 6/hr bc some orders they send are almost 20 miles away.