• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Getting your background check

Jamie Clark

I don't know if I missed the need to go to a Uber hub for the background check or they just don't tell you and leave you in limbo.

I got all my doc's, inspection and tnc license and was just waiting. No email saying that the next step was a background check.

So I decided to go to the Toronto office. I was in and out in 30 minutes. The submitted my background check then, gave me my stickers and said the results should be back by end of the week and then I can drive.

I could have them done two weeks ago.. lol

Niagaran

I went to Hamilton and waited for about an hour. The next morning, I went and got my TNC. Had trouble getting it verified so ended up calling in and, while on the phone, got the TNC finished and they told me the background check cleared already so I could start driving immediately.

Jamie Clark

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I went to Hamilton and waited for about an hour. The next morning, I went and got my TNC. Had trouble getting it verified so ended up calling in and, while on the phone, got the TNC finished and they told me the background check cleared already so I could start driving immediately.
You must be good luck!! Even though they said 3-5 days for the background check, I checked to see if it would allow me to log in and booom I'm online now!!!

I'm off from my regular job tomorrow so I'm going to have to try it out for a bit