Getting X request

dfw_driver

I started getting UberX requests this afternoon even though I had it turned off in preference (iOS). Anyone else having this issue? Any remedy? I upgraded the app to the latest version but still had the issue. What a great technology company we have!

dfw_driver

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
It happened in Frisco. After the first X request I immediately checked preference and X was not on. It is either a glitch in the app or Uber is forcing X during rush hour. May be they are thinking we will take X if we want to keep AR high. Anyway, I am not playing Uber's game. This gig is very much optional for me.

dfw_driver

Still receiving UberX requests all over the metroplex even when it is turned off. Anyone else having this issue?

TX Uber Ant

I have noticed that if I drive through a surge with X turned off I still get pings. Apparently surge resets the app settings.

dfw_driver

I got UberX requests outside surge and it was still turned off. App must be broken. Have never had this kind of issues with the Lyft app. Lyft app is not that user friendly but it does not break often like Uber does. I bet Lyft test their app much better than Uber does before making changes. It is possible that this new UberPet option is causing all these issues.

dfw_driver

I feel stupid now but I think I know what is happening. Due to the addition of the UberPet option, uberX/POOL is all the way to the right on the preference page and you have to scroll right to see it. That option was turned ON for me and that is why I think I was getting the X requests. But since it is not visible without scrolling to the right, I was not aware of that. Hope disabling that fixes it for me.

User error on my side but bad UI design on Uber's side.

Stas2007

I get X requests sometimes and I don’t even have X as an option....it happens when it’s very busy or no cars around so UBER gets desperate to find anyone.