Getting very annoyed

anteetr

I've been in this rather large surge cloud for 45 minutes. I've gotten 5 requests. All pools with no surge that are from the surge area. I even took one that I promptly cancelled after checking for a multiplier that wasn't there. This is such bullshit! Wtf!!!!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad:

tato_ghe

Let me guess you were somewhere around northeast suburbs around Abington? Had exactly the same shit there, but still, finally got two 1.6 pings. At least that

anteetr

Let me guess you were somewhere around northeast suburbs around Abington? Had exactly the same shit there, but still, finally got two 1.6 pings. At least that

Good guess. Never got a ping with surge. Only pools with no surge. From Willow Grove to Mt Airy and back the scenic route. I don't usually drive there but I made a special trip because it's been surging there literally every time I looked at my app this week. I made enough to cover my turnpike tolls when I gtfo there on DF after that cloud went away for good. Tonight is the worst night I've ever had doing this.

Tomorrow will be a better day. I'm hanging it up tonight. Im too disgusted to keep at it and I got shit to do tomorrow morning. You know those pax were paying surge prices. Those scumbags just weren't sharing with us. I'm not beat for that.

Ardery

I've been in this rather large surge cloud for 45 minutes. I've gotten 5 requests. All pools with no surge that are from the surge area. I even took one that I promptly cancelled after checking for a multiplier that wasn't there. This is such bullshit! Wtf!!!!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad:
as an Uber driver, we don't use big words like "multiplier".

and I'm annoyed too.

im finally starting to understand what you all mean, when a passenger says "I wish I had some cash, I would leave you a tip"

then I say...

"you can tip in the app now! after rating me, right below, there is the tip button."

... only to be told ...

"I don't see it, I think I need to update my app"

Grrr

anteetr

I've been doing this over 2 years and the bullshit has never been as bad as it been the last 3 weeks.

Ardery

my start date was this past April.

I did REALLY well. then when college session ended for the summer, it changed. got tougher. and tougher. and tougher.

I was down the Uber hub just before labor day. there was a VERY long line... separated into three lines.

one line was all new applicants waiting in line, that had issues applying that had to be solved in person.

the 2nd line was for any other driver related issues.

the 3rd line was just a rep with a tablet handing out Uber emblems.

anyway, what was my point? oh yeah.

OVERSATURATION.
TOO MANY DRIVERS.

-------------------

today (Thursday)
I needed a much needed break away from cc. I'm tired of all the potholes destroying my suspension. I'm tired of all the pool passengers (whom CHOSE the pool option) that get mad at me for missing their trains, busses, meetings, etc
because of horrible traffic. I want to believe they know deep down I don't control the traffic or the ordering of dropoffs. but they look mad at me anyway... because as me being the driver, I'm the only person they see.

I try saying "thank you for your patience, I know it was a long ride" but they just turn away, not responding to me at all, closing the door, walking away.

I spent the morning and afternoon in willow grove, Huntington Valley, and Bensalem.

Got much longer rides, but longer wait times between rides.

was nice doing highway miles instead of cc stop, go, stop sign, go, stop sign, go.

Last edited:

anteetr

96% of us don't last a year. Most of those new drivers you see waiting on line are replacing someone that just quit. It is oversaturated, and it does get harder every week as there are more and more of us every week in aggregate. That's bad enough, but that's not what I'm talking about.

The bullshit is this app not functioning properly. Not accurately showing surges on the map. Not accurately applying surge pricing when it's clearly in effect. Improperly exempting pool or XL from surges when it's in effect on X, all of which surge at the same rate. Applying surge away from where the demand is really originating like the goose surge at the airport and the shipping container freight surge for the Wells Fargo center. It's bad enough we have all the extra competition, the least this tech company can do is make sure their goddamn tech works correctly. They got one @@@@ing job :eek:

Last edited:

MattMo81

I was annoyed tonight as well about all of the above. Also for some reason the Uber app kept zooming way out while I was approaching the pin. I had to keep zooming in while I'm trying to drive and make sure I'm at the right spot. Anyone else have that happen?

Ardery

for a couple days, it seemed the app was working pretty well. even got all new earnings screens. but they reverted back to the old screen 3-4 days later.

this isn't the answer we're looking for - but it is what it is. let's just do the best we can. we all gotta keep positive, keeping our stress down. it ain't easy, I tell ya.

anteetr

I was annoyed tonight as well about all of the above. Also for some reason the Uber app kept zooming way out while I was approaching the pin. I had to keep zooming in while I'm trying to drive and make sure I'm at the right spot. Anyone else have that happen?

I've had the same issue off and on for weeks.

for a couple days, it seemed the app was working pretty well. even got all new earnings screens. but they reverted back to the old screen 3-4 days later.

this isn't the answer we're looking for - but it is what it is. let's just do the best we can. we all gotta keep positive, keeping our stress down. it ain't easy, I tell ya.

It's not. I don't get bent out of shape often or easily. Tonight is the first time I ever hung it up early because I was too disgusted to keep working. I've though about it a few times, but this is the first time I actually did it. This is the first time I've had that thought in two consecutive weeks though. Last Friday got under my skin too but I fought through it. Didn't have it in me tonight.

Ardery

I've had the same issue off and on for weeks.

It's not. I don't get bent out of shape often or easily. Tonight is the first time I ever hung it up early because I was too disgusted to keep working. I've though about it a few times, but this is the first time I actually did it. This is the first time I've had that thought in two consecutive weeks though. Last Friday got under my skin too but I fought through it. Didn't have it in me tonight.
nothing wrong with that. when you're feeling stressed or anxiety... log out and take rest of the day off.

I did it last Friday. one of the best money making days. but if it's making you want to dive off a building... just head home. try again tomorrow.

my big anxiety for the last few days was getting repeated 4 dollar rides. I try leaving the city just to get pulled back in. the potholes are horrifying. I can't take them anymore. not just the little ones. but giant ones where road cut outs were performed by construction workers, left open, not patched up properly, and not putting a orange cone on the road.

getting these stupid STUPID people going literally one-half mile. it's a nice night out. WALK!!

people telling thank you, it was a great ride, I'll tip you on the app. (most don't) and people that say they'd tip me if they had any cash. how effin crappy thing to say, man. I'd rather you just thanked me and went on your way.

happens to every one of us.

the only thing I can do about it... is get it off my chest with you guys - then just let it go. i try so hard to let go of the hate.

I five-star everyone - unless they were a complete tool during the ride.

some of those promised and forgotten tips may surprise me and come thru the following day. if they don't, I just forget about it. let go of the anger. it's so gawd damn hard sometimes, but if I hold onto that anger and hate, it'll destroy me and eat me up til there's nothing left.

paulmsr

Good guess. Never got a ping with surge. Only pools with no surge. From Willow Grove to Mt Airy and back the scenic route. I don't usually drive there but I made a special trip because it's been surging there literally every time I looked at my app this week. I made enough to cover my turnpike tolls when I gtfo there on DF after that cloud went away for good. Tonight is the worst night I've ever had doing this.

Tomorrow will be a better day. I'm hanging it up tonight. Im too disgusted to keep at it and I got shit to do tomorrow morning. You know those pax were paying surge prices. Those scumbags just weren't sharing with us. I'm not beat for that.

yea willow grove area has been in a cloud a lot lately.. so much that ive been thinking its fake because there are always drivers around

bobby747

Tonight is the first time I ever hung it up early because I was too disgusted to keep working..

happens to me many night when i see its fixed like a boxing match...i cut all my losses and ties . go home regroup..come back out next day..did this like 50 + time in over 3 yrs..
its like going to train station on a mon. night..not 1 cab.. no lyfts..1 uber (me) 200 people with cells wanting rides. not 1 surge..time to go home..
bob dont go to malvern for $30

Last edited:

OGT

Atlas, we have all forgotten the best part about this job. The flexibility, i wonder if people forget about this aspect. Guys take a break, go eat dinner, watch a movie, take an uber and give the driver a hard time lol. Even if you see all red on the map and you have to pee, wtf go pee. It will be red another day. You dont have a boss or someone telling you what do to besides the app lol. Do you know whats worse then 4 dollar min fare rides? Min fare xl rides lol. Wtf, i have to get out my car and put the seats down and put them back up, repeat when dropping off......F that, lol. When i get those i switch off xl lol because i dont want to deal with it. If you guys do this more then 40hrs then its the average per ride you guys should look at. Everyone will get those 4 dollar rides, even bobby lol. But when you get those long surge ride, everything is all good right?

JKdrive157

Out in the NE and suburbs with a surge cloud for 10 - 15 mins and no uber pings.

Wtf?

I Checked the pax app and it's a surge

Last edited:

OGT

You guys need to check both the lyft and uber app together. Wtf dont you guys think a real surge would be surging on both apps??? If you see only one surging, check the pax app and see how many cars there are and how many are didappearing. If you see no cars there and see it surging only on one app then most likely its a fake surge to relocate cars. A real surge has surge on both apps, a few cars, and you can see the cars are disappearing.

Ardery

you can't go by that...
I've seen one surge in a particular area and the other one not. and vice versa.

you're not going to always see both surging at the same place and the same time.

bobby747

surge would be surging on both apps..
yep 100%..if both on surge u are in business

you're not going to always see both surging at the same place and the same time...
not true if its very busy you will see this..on both