Getting riders with guns in New Jersey

Ahmad619

Uber has to do better background checks on all their riders. I get a pool the other day and on my way to pick up the third rider, a sketchy dude is walking up to my car in Newark with a gun sticking out under his shirt. The riders already in the car begged me not to pick him up and I left. I could of just as easily been shot for going to pick up a rider. To all the drivers out there, be careful and keep and eye out on whoever you're picking up.

Bubsie

"The riders already in the car begged me not to pick him up and I left."

Significant opportunity to extract cash tip there.

Lol i just read it again background checks on riders....maybe tell your SO that so they feel better that you may come home after the next shift?

Juggalo9er

Uber has to do better background checks on all their riders. I get a pool the other day and on my way to pick up the third rider, a sketchy dude is walking up to my car in Newark with a gun sticking out under his shirt. The riders already in the car begged me not to pick him up and I left. I could of just as easily been shot for going to pick up a rider. To all the drivers out there, be careful and keep and eye out on whoever you're picking up.
Implying someone carrying a gun means you're likely to get shot.... Are you kidding me

Ahmad619

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
It did scare the crap out of me it was my first time seeing a gun. I guess i'll be spending the night doing research. Thanks. Also, the uber guy that called me afterwards did not even ask if I am ok or at least offer therapy sessions if I need it. All that has to change. All he told me was that they deactivated that person's account.. what good does that do me? They always wait until someone gets badly hurt or killed to change something

Fuzzyelvis

It did scare the crap out of me it was my first time seeing a gun. I guess i'll be spending the night doing research. Thanks. Also, the uber guy that called me afterwards did not even ask if I am ok or at least offer therapy sessions if I need it. All that has to change. All he told me was that they deactivated that person's account.. what good does that do me? They always wait until someone gets badly hurt or killed to change something
"Offer therapy sessions"

LOL

Ahmad619

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I hope IPO investors change things for the better.
Post automatically merged:

No holster just a gun showing and he made me go pick him up 5 blocks away from the address he put in the app. That is sketchy. Plus it not allowed to carry a gun in nj.

Bubsie

I hope IPO investors change things for the better.
Post automatically merged:

No holster just a gun showing and he made me go pick him up 5 blocks away from the address he put in the app. That is sketchy. Plus it not allowed to carry a gun in nj.
Drive to the pin. Wait 2 minutes for a Poo ride, cancel no show, collect $3.66. I would agree that anyone with a gun visible in his waistband in NJ is prob not correctly licensed.

There are concealed carry permits issued in New Jersey, generally only for the rich and well connected, in addition to those engaged in security work.

"Issuance of the permit is almost completely discretionary, and New Jersey courts have upheld the policy of strictly limiting permits “to persons pecifically employed in security work . . . and to others who can establish an urgent necessity for carrying guns for self-protection.”

Also possible that NJs absurd policies may be examined by the Supreme Court: https://www.guns.com/news/2019/02/2...erest-in-new-jersey-concealed-carry-challenge

Seamus

2 biggest mistakes:

1) doing pool
2) doing pool in Newark! What a hell hole.