Getting reported for Professionalism: Accepting Tip

MaximusMurkimus

The description doesn't even make any sense.

I know what one was from: some jackoff who wanted me to wait for him while he checked every nearby hotel for vacancy, told him it wasn't worth my time without a tip. The other one I have no idea where it's from.

So sorry that I'm trying to alleviate the fact that your guarantees are impossible, Uber.

Attachments

tohunt4me

I know what one was from: some jackoff who wanted me to wait for him while he checked every nearby hotel for vacancy, told him it wasn't worth my time without a tip. The other one I have no idea where it's from.

So sorry that I'm trying to alleviate the fact that your guarantees are impossible, Uber.
Anyone so cheap as to check each hotel ?

And,so ignorant not to use his cellphone ?

Travelocity,see lowest rates instantly.

You should have left him with tires squealing.

Next time,suggest they pull up Travelocity on their phone.

MaximusMurkimus

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Oh no, he didn't have a choice. I told him to eff off because I had another pickup. Suddenly the first hotel he had planned was the best one.

Like I would waste my time without a tip.

uberdriverfornow

Your first mistake was saying not without a tip. You basically indirectly asked for a tip. Next time just say our pay is based on taking trips not for waiting time. Just tell em to use Yelp or the Yellow Pages to do some searching before finding the right one.

MaximusMurkimus

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Pfft, the guy literally said he was paying to use me and my car, not for the trip. He got into my front seat (which I hate) and put the destination as the pickup location, which led to a lot of confusion. Someone like that wasn't gonna have a second more of my time. I left them at the first hotel and 2 stared them.

uberdriverfornow

Pfft, the guy literally said he was paying to use me and my car, not for the trip. He got into my front seat (which I hate) and put the destination as the pickup location, which led to a lot of confusion. Someone like that wasn't gonna have a second more of my time. I left them at the first hotel and 2 stared them.
Ok, I'm honestly not trying to be a dick here. I'm going to give you some real good advice. Even if you absolutely hate a pax, don't let it show. Try atleast to be professional. You can think what you want, the key is not to let it show outwardly. However, if you don't care about your job, and most people that do Uber, admittedly, don't, then don't listen to anything I say.

In a worst case scenario, just cancel a trip and move on. Don't let it get to the point where you have to be rude, and the pax complains, and you get deactivated. Always remember, Uber has so many drivers and have such idiots running the show, they really don't care anything about drivers at the end of the day. So they won't care at all if they have to deactivate you.

Atom guy

I got a professionalism complaint for being "too quiet." Um, every passenger is different, and some just like to ride in silence. I am not going to force conversation on a passenger beyond the usual hello where are we headed convo. If they talk to me, I talk back, and I've had some great conversations.

I also got a professionalism complaint from a passenger claiming I requested cash. Um, no, YOU wanted me to cancel the trip after I started it so you could pay cash instead of it going on your card. Then YOU cancelled the trip mid ride. I accepted the cash you gave me as a tip. I never asked for it or suggested it.

Another Uber Driver

How the eff is Accepting a tip considered a professionalism complaint? Uber needs to change it to maybe Demanding a tip.

That was my thought. Still, when you consider the quote below, and, given my experience, it would not surprise me if someone offered you a tip then complained about your accepting it. I have seen in happen more than once in the cab business. As a company official, I had to handle complaints such as that. More than once, I had to ask a complainant: "Let me make sure that I understand this. You asked the driver to____________________(insert unusual or extraordinary request), you offered him a ___________dollar tip for it, he accepted it. You did all of this before the driver even could open his mouth and say 'Good afternoon'. Now, you are complaining about that." More than one complainant responded in the affirmative.

People can complain about anything they want. It doesn't have to be reasonable.
.....or legitimate...................