Getting paid: Uber vs Traditional delivery jobs

DaFundRaiser

Hey so I'm pretty new to Uber but I've been driving delivery for about 6 months with a ubereats/ grubhub type company.

Since I've started Uber I've noticed that the primary difference in pay is based around milage I spend in between trips and tips.

For my delivery job I get decent to good tips (even in summer) and I spend little to no milage between trips.

That being said I make at least $5 more per hour with my delivery job.

My question is does anyone else also drive delivery for another company and do you also make more money?

Also, what's your experience with tips driving Uber? Seems like most riders don't care to tip. I've gotten only 2 shitty tips since I started.

Any insights are much appreciated.

UberHoax

Hey so I'm pretty new to Uber but I've been driving delivery for about 6 months with a ubereats/ grubhub type company.

Since I've started Uber I've noticed that the primary difference in pay is based around milage I spend in between trips and tips.

For my delivery job I get decent to good tips (even in summer) and I spend little to no milage between trips.

My question is does anyone else also drive delivery for another company and do you also make more money?

Also, what's your experience with tips driving Uber? Seems like most riders don't care to tip. I've gotten only 2 shitty tips since I started.

Tips in uber are rare; they do not increase hourly figures.

ChevyVolt

I delivered for Dominoes for a while at night, but the hours were killing me, and scrubbing disgusting pots and pans at 2 a.m. for $6 an hour was just not just disgusting, degrading and demoralizing but the child-managers just killed my desire to live...that being said, having a few bucks cash every night cannot be beat!

negeorgia

I have found that 2-4% of my Uber riders tip and 0% of Lyft riders have. I have done 5400 for Uber and 28 for Lyft. Going into Uber expecting or relying on tips is not wise.

PTCGUY

I have found that 2-4% of my Uber riders tip and 0% of Lyft riders have. I have done 5400 for Uber and 28 for Lyft. Going into Uber expecting or relying on tips is not wise.
That is a fairly accurate number IMO as far as Uber tips. I have seen basically the same results. Maybe I should start investing in Perrier and Andes mints. Or better yet a foot masseuse.

ATL6556

ATL6556

I work for dominos delivering on Thursday and Friday nights till 9:00 pm or so and I make 15 to 20 dollars and HR with taxes already taken out and cash in my pocket then I do über for a few hrs usually around 4 . I'm just glad I have a full time 9 to 5 because über does not pay very much . This is why I usually only door on Friday nights .

jtc291980

I delivered for Dominoes for a while at night, but the hours were killing me, and scrubbing disgusting pots and pans at 2 a.m. for $6 an hour was just not just disgusting, degrading and demoralizing but the child-managers just killed my desire to live...that being said, having a few bucks cash every night cannot be beat!
This sums up why I do Uber versus a delivery job. No doubt that regular delivery will lead to more money, more consistently.