• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Getting Paid for Long Trips

tomabq

A driver had a long trip here in Dallas, which piqued my interest as I vaguely remembered reading about the return to boundary agreement.

It appears that Uber is actually charging the customer for the return fare now with upfront pricing. I am not sure if we are to request for the additional funds from Uber considering keeping the app running for the return trip would result in the trip ending automatically.

It appears the numbers are inline or are close enough to validate my theory and are supported by Uber's own verbiage.

I also checked other Markets surrounding the Dallas area and the quotes are all doubled.

Here is the trip:

View attachment 157553

Here is Uber's Quote for the trip (In-app quote is $746.48):

***Note that the quote was almost $800 when I checked earlier today

View attachment 157554

Here are the Dallas rates:

View attachment 157557

Here is my calculation on trip:

View attachment 157560
That's great if uber pays the drivers for both ways.

Bob1!

Every now and then I get an airport pax who requests a ride to Santa Fe, Tijeras, Soccoro, or other long distance trips. I then nicely explain to the passenger that they are requesting a long trip outside of my boundaries and that they are responsible for paying for the miles and time to allow me to return to the boundary of the foothills, Santa Ana, or the South Valley. I also send them a screenshot in the Uber app contact section and ask them to reply yes to agree to pay for return to boundary miles. Since this is an Uber policy they agree and we leave the airport. I was wondering if anyone else enforces this policy.
View attachment 111797

Guys come on! Look at your waybills. What uber is doing with the new surge is charging the passengers but not paying the drivers for the surge. You have to be in the surge instead of outside of it. So if you can make it to a 16.00 surge you will get it on your next ride. However, uber is pinging drivers before they reach those surge amounts. So, the passenger gets charged the surge and you recieve nothing. Also, if you do get say a $5.00 surge and the passenger is really in a $16.00 surge zone the passenger still pays more more that uber keeps. There is one solution for every driver to do at all times regardless of the passenger. Drive the absolute most miles per ride on every trip. If the passenger gets upset so be it. This is the only way to hit uber in its pockets. If drivers would do this nationwide on both uber and Lyft platforms they will have to change their policies because they will lose money and passenger confidence. Look at you way bills. Make your service fee $0.00 and uber and Lyft’s upfront pricing fees negative so they are paying out of their pocket. Let’s get all the drivers across the country on board. They can’t fight all of us. We just have to unite and show them we won’t stand for their crap. There is also nothing uber and Lyft can do about the route you go since we are independent contractors. So they can’t disable you for it. I hope y’all listen. This is straight out ofeconomic theory.

newdriverintown

Guys come on! Look at your waybills. What uber is doing with the new surge is charging the passengers but not paying the drivers for the surge. You have to be in the surge instead of outside of it. So if you can make it to a 16.00 surge you will get it on your next ride. However, uber is pinging drivers before they reach those surge amounts. So, the passenger gets charged the surge and you recieve nothing. Also, if you do get say a $5.00 surge and the passenger is really in a $16.00 surge zone the passenger still pays more more that uber keeps. There is one solution for every driver to do at all times regardless of the passenger. Drive the absolute most miles per ride on every trip. If the passenger gets upset so be it. This is the only way to hit uber in its pockets. If drivers would do this nationwide on both uber and Lyft platforms they will have to change their policies because they will lose money and passenger confidence. Look at you way bills. Make your service fee $0.00 and uber and Lyft’s upfront pricing fees negative so they are paying out of their pocket. Let’s get all the drivers across the country on board. They can’t fight all of us. We just have to unite and show them we won’t stand for their crap. There is also nothing uber and Lyft can do about the route you go since we are independent contractors. So they can’t disable you for it. I hope y’all listen. This is straight out ofeconomic theory.
I've been preaching the longest route sermon for a while and others tell me I'm nuts. Their loss.

d1a1v7e8

I’m wondering about this too. I gave a long 3 hour ride last night and it still says processing. I’m wondering why it’s taking so long to post to my account and also if I’ll get compensated for the return trip.